Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$43.99
1 hr ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
2 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27

The Hills Have Eyes: Part II (Blu-ray)
$33.03
10 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86
17 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$10.99
23 hrs ago
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$71.69

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion

Old 10-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The empire state
Default Alan Wake 2 being readied for next Xbox - rumour

Rare, Lionhead and Turn 10 all said to have next-gen teams in place too.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
Expert Member

Nov 2009
Montreal, Blu-Ray Steelbooks™: 21

it doesn't surprise me at all considering Microsoft wouldn't have any heavy hitter for the next console on launch day (no Halo, no Gears)

anyway, Alan Wake on the next console?
Old 10-07-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The empire state

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
it doesn't surprise me at all considering Microsoft wouldn't have any heavy hitter for the next console on launch day (no Halo, no Gears)

anyway, Alan Wake on the next console?
Actually, that's not true. Halo 5 or 6 could be a launch title (remember there's a new Halo trilogy starting next year with Halo 4).
Old 10-07-2011, 01:05 AM   #4
Expert Member

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman1977 View Post
Actually, that's not true. Halo 5 or 6 could be a launch title (remember there's a new Halo trilogy starting next year with Halo 4).
true but let's say the new console comes out in 2013 (there's a good chance for that), Halo 5 won't be ready
Old 10-07-2011, 01:14 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The empire state

Quote:
true but let's say the new console comes out in 2013 (there's a good chance for that), Halo 5 won't be ready
That we know of.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
Power Member

Nov 2010
Jackson, MS

I'll bet a crisp $100 bill that Alan Wake 2 will not be a launch game for the next XBox...that is if the development time for Alan Wake 1 is any indication what so ever. it really wouldn't surprise me at all to see Alan Wake 2 come out a year or two AFTER the next XBox comes out.

I'm really hoping that the next generation of consoles will launch with primarily new IPs...I'd like the next-gen to start fresh and introduce some new/newer series then they can start piling on the Halo, Resistance, Uncharted, Gears of War, Call of Duty, Battlefield etc etc...

IMO new generations of consoles should START fresh. My little ol opinion though. Alan Wake 2 WILL look incredible though...no doubt.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
Expert Member

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi View Post
I'll bet a crisp $100 bill that Alan Wake 2 will not be a launch game for the next XBox...that is if the development time for Alan Wake 1 is any indication what so ever. it really wouldn't surprise me at all to see Alan Wake 2 come out a year or two AFTER the next XBox comes out.
AW2 will not have the development problems the first one had so you can expect the game to take 2-3 years of development instead of the 5+ years. considering they already started on AW2, we are looking at around 2013 launching close to the release of the next xbox (if there's one) or one of the last titles for the 360
Old 10-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #8
Power Member

Nov 2010
Jackson, MS

Quote:
AW2 will not have the development problems the first one had so you can expect the game to take 2-3 years of development instead of the 5+ years. considering they already started on AW2, we are looking at around 2013 launching close to the release of the next xbox (if there's one) or one of the last titles for the 360
it may be within the "launch window" of the next xbox...i don't doubt that but it won't be a day 1 launch along side the next xbox.

2 to 3 years sounds reasonable if it were to be released on the xbox 360 but being on a next generation console with new hardware and the idea they will probably want to polish the hell out of this game for release given how much time and hype went into Alan Wake only to get lackluster sales leads me to believe it won't make it out that quickly...that they will focus highly on giving gamers the experience to really put Alan Wake on the map.

they are probably more far along in writing the new story than they are with programming it for the hardware.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #9
Special Member

Sep 2010

SPECULATION...
Old 11-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.

GameInformer Magazine has a very small article on AW2. It will come out next year,it won't be on next gen console. The trailer will air at the VGA awards.
Alan is wearing a flannel shirt and jeans and carrying a nail gun.
The bigger question on my mind is will this AW also be a 360 exclusive?
Old 11-18-2011, 01:42 AM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The empire state

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blufan View Post
GameInformer Magazine has a very small article on AW2. It will come out next year,it won't be on next gen console. The trailer will air at the VGA awards.
Alan is wearing a flannel shirt and jeans and carrying a nail gun.
The bigger question on my mind is will this AW also be a 360 exclusive?
It's not AW2 it's a XBLA game based on AW.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman1977 View Post
It's not AW2 it's a XBLA game based on AW.
GameInformer is referring to it as a sequel, and most sites are also calling it a sequel,albeit a standalone game. So instead of calling it Wake More or something like that I'm sure they're just going with AW sequel,because frankly we don't know what it's going to be. Although Remedy has confirmed it's not AW2 or just simply DLC,we still don't know exactly where they're going to go with it until the trailer supposedly. And yes I know that it's a XBLA game unfortunately. I had no problem paying $60 for AW on release day when it came out and I would have had no problem dropping $60 on another AW game. In my opinion the best 360 exclusive I've played.

Last edited by 1blufan; 11-18-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #13
Power Member

Jan 2008
Illinois

Quote:
I don't think we will have to wait that long for a new xbox. If the rumors are true that developers have been working with it already and they expect to get full dev kits by Christmas, then we might see a CES announcement with an E3 full reveal pointing towards a holiday 2012 release date. Especially since Nintendo is releasing their system next year (my guess around the holiday), it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft wants to get their next Xbox out to compete.

I really hope Alan Wake 2 is a launch title. That would be sweet and probably get me to buy a new system...
Old 11-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #14
Expert Member

Feb 2011
Pennsylvania

It's not going to be a launch title, it's only going to be an XBLA release. So I can't see it being that long. I was such a fan of the first one. I loved it and really can't see how it wasn't a bigger hit. What I am disappointed about is the arcade only release. I don't like having my games on a hard drive. I barely have any space as it is. I know I won't have the multiple GB's this will require.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The empire state

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofthecity View Post
It's not going to be a launch title, it's only going to be an XBLA release. So I can't see it being that long. I was such a fan of the first one. I loved it and really can't see how it wasn't a bigger hit. What I am disappointed about is the arcade only release. I don't like having my games on a hard drive. I barely have any space as it is. I know I won't have the multiple GB's this will require.
The XBLA AW is not AW2.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion