Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$69.99
1 day ago
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$129.99
23 hrs ago
Flight of the Butterflies 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50
1 day ago
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.09

Dino King 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Green Hornet 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Smurfs 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Old 09-29-2020, 03:54 AM   #1

Mar 2017
Cool Merging twin VGA monochrome videos into an anaglyph?!?

I think I thought of a way you can play the Virtual Boy in 3D very easily with very little custom processors.

there exists a device in the Retro Gaming community known as the virtual tap which lets you take Virtual Boy video which is normally stuck to a fixed this playing from your eyes and transfer one eye to a TV using either VGA or HDMI.

If you're willing to buy two of them you can have one for the left eye and one for the right eye. That has been proven true also.

Also there are three switches which let you choose the color of the video as they are all natively presented in monochrome. 7 of the 8 modes all have black as the negative color and as a positive color any of the other seven extremes of the color Cube namely red green blue cyan yellow and magenta and white. the eighth option can either be an inverse black and white or black and any 24-bit color as the other color.

Now I know I could take the VGA out of the left eye and make it black and red and I could take the vgi out of the right signal and make it black and cyan, and theory in VGA mode all you need is the red pin of the left eye and the green and blue pins of the right eye in a passive merger.

Now the only question comes what happens with the sync. I heard some people say that use exact same sink timer if that is the case, would I just have to take either the left or the right eye and run that as a common sync? But when pixels are nanoseconds apart in timing I can't be assured that the syncs will remain common by the time it reaches the common.

I know in the old day they had video editing boxes where you putting two videos a process or processes the video and spits out the resulting picture, that's where you could have A-B wipes that are analog and gradual.

But I noticed most work on a luma chroma system. Also the average the luma in the chroma knots take loom of left was chroma of right.

Is there a cheap VGA merger circuit that contains a video editing circuit that would sink the video?

now I understand the issue of timing is important but it's not as important as it would be in a light gun game since a door no light gun games currently for the Virtual Boy and B there would be no point in making it because the virtual boy is not supposed to have an external screen, then we don't have to worry about sub microsecond timing. All we have to do is get it within a millisecond or less annual play just like a regular Virtual Boy game it's just that Pixel perfect for light gun which is irrelevant in this case anyway.

anyone on the production side of 3D stuff you know of a VGA dual monochrome emerging system like when we're talking about?

Of course the alternative is to get them HDMI get them half width and get them side-by-side. I know how to do all three of those things but the limits of OBS is it could only have two cameras at once therefore it would only be 3D footage and would not contain any humans playing it, except for their voices.

Just wondering if the timing is close enough where a passive VGA adapter is possible to do such a thing.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:44 PM   #2

Mar 2017

It's been a month since I last posted this and no responses. I'm just wondering if it's a simple as doing all the pins of one VGA except for the green and blue and then doing the other pins of the wide adapter of only the green and blue and then merging them into a single VGA via connection if that would work.

By the way virtual boys graphics are natively black and white but tint the white parts red in software. and the tent can be altered to any of the other seven main corners of the color Cube other than black, so cyan is an option.

just wondering is it as simple as a passive adapter or do I need something else?
Old 10-18-2020, 03:45 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

It would probably be easier if you started with one of these than trying to eliminate pins in a VGA connector: VGA to Component Video Cable
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology