Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.96

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Nurse 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.79

Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.00

Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Passengers 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Sangaree 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.62

Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.44

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 10-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Special Member

Apr 2012
Australia Rare or Out of Print 3D blu's(List 'em!)

I was thinking about a list of the 3D movies that I don't really see on the shelves anymore and to make a list of them.

So this would be a good way for everyone to post whats rare or unavailable where they are.

It helps to know if one were to sell there blu's one day, we dont want to give the rare one's away at least..

So here is my start-

Green Lantern
Transformers
Immortals
John Carter
Thor
Captain America
Gullivers Travels
Old 10-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Special Member

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookymonster View Post
Green Lantern
Transformers
Immortals
John Carter
Thor
Captain America
Gullivers Travels
I've seen every one of those as recently as this week at my local Future Shop. And Gullivers Travels was actually $10 off this week if you traded in an old DVD. They have loads of Captain America and Thor, in particular; probably due to the Avengers rush.

Personally, what I don't see a lot of around here are the Dreamworks titles that started off as Best Buy exclusives. Not even Best Buys seem to carry much of them (and most of the Best Buy's I've been in have very poor and messy 3-D sections compared to Future Shop stores); and Future Shop doesn't have them available in brick & mortar stores at all, although they're online if you don't mind the $40 price tag.

Also, Legend of the Guardians is impossible to find around here in decent condition because some moron somewhere along the line decided to shrinkwrap them over the lenticular slipcover, causing extreme crushing damage to the corners of every damn copy in every store I've ever been in.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
Special Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
I've seen every one of those as recently as this week at my local Future Shop. And Gullivers Travels was actually $10 off this week if you traded in an old DVD. They have loads of Captain America and Thor, in particular; probably due to the Avengers rush.

Personally, what I don't see a lot of around here are the Dreamworks titles that started off as Best Buy exclusives. Not even Best Buys seem to carry much of them (and most of the Best Buy's I've been in have very poor and messy 3-D sections compared to Future Shop stores); and Future Shop doesn't have them available in brick & mortar stores at all, although they're online if you don't mind the $40 price tag.

Also, Legend of the Guardians is impossible to find around here in decent condition because some moron somewhere along the line decided to shrinkwrap them over the lenticular slipcover, causing extreme crushing damage to the corners of every damn copy in every store I've ever been in.

Sweet mate,thats the idEA. I am in Australia and I rarely see any of these if at all now. What region is Canada? A?

Also, we do not have Best Buys which sound good.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
Power Member

May 2010

I've only seen Sanctum 3D on a store shelf one time. I've still not seen that movie.

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 10-19-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
Special Member

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Sweet mate,thats the idEA. I am in Australia and I rarely see any of these if at all now. What region is Canada? A?

Also, we do not have Best Buys which sound good.
Canada's region A, yeah. We get the same releases as the US in most cases, except those few cases where a film has a different distributor (like Coraline), which generally works to our disadvantage as we end up with inferior packaging.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
Power Member

Oct 2008

The Last Airbender 3D was a Best Buy exclusive never released outside of exclusivity. Cheapest new copy on Amazon is $52. Definitely not worth it - absolutely awful conversion just barely above an auto-convert.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #7
Special Member

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

My local Best Buy still has a single copy of The Last Airbender (at least they did last weekend, and I'm assuming it's still there... lol), shoved into the very back of the bottom shelf in the store's 3-D section. Going price is around $34.99, I think. I thought about buying it in order to burn it, but ultimately I figured M. Knight whats-his-name wasn't worth it.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:49 AM   #8

Aug 2012

How can you call the marvel movies rare? they where just re-released with the assemble box set
Old 10-20-2012, 02:59 AM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
I was thinking about a list of the 3D movies that I don't really see on the shelves anymore and to make a list of them.

So this would be a good way for everyone to post whats rare or unavailable where they are.

It helps to know if one were to sell there blu's one day, we dont want to give the rare one's away at least..

So here is my start-

Green Lantern
Transformers
Immortals
John Carter
Thor
Captain America
Gullivers Travels
I don't know what city you are in, but I see those 3d titles all the time here in Sydney
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo udp-203 & bdp-105 4K/UHD/Blu-ray players (multi-region), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One X & 360 s, Sony PS4 Pro & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting + htw1000, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony ultimate remote+hub
Old 10-20-2012, 04:11 AM   #10

Sep 2012
Sinaloa, México

Here in Mexico I havent seen in a while:
Rio 3D
Darkest Hour 3D
Ice Age 3 3D
Narnia 3 3D
Gulliver Travels 3D (Hate this movie)
Pirates Band of Misfits 3D
John Carter 3D
Ghost Rider 2 3D
Underworld Awakening 3D
Tintin 3D
Dolphin Tale 3D
Smurfs 3D
Pirates of The Caribbean 4 3D
Priest 3D
Cirque Du Soleil 3D
Swimsuits 2011 3D
Drive Angry 3D(Dont like this movie)
Step Up 3D
Fifa 2010 3D

PS: I only counted the movies I ever saw on the stores, Im not counting movies like the katy perry or gnome and juliet ones that were never released here
Old 10-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #11
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Best Buy walk in store has pretty much every title I can think of, including the more rare Chicken Little 3D and quite a lot of others. They also have a separate 3D section end cap, with 20 titles on sale.

For awhile, they were lacking on content, but now they've covered almost every 3D film out there except for the imports and smaller titles.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 10-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #12
Special Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
I don't know what city you are in, but I see those 3d titles all the time here in Sydney
Have not seen any boxsets, and i am about 2oo klmns north in Newey.

We dont even have one 3d picture running in ANY of the cinema's here.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #13

Aug 2011

Beauty And The Beast has gone back in the Disney vault, so going to be very expensive to buy now.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #14
Special Member

Apr 2012
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by homethx View Post
Beauty And The Beast has gone back in the Disney vault, so going to be very expensive to buy now.
Thanks for this info. this is why I started it. Will pick ip up when I see it now.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #15
Banned

Jun 2012

Final Destination 5
Old 10-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #16
Special Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Troll View Post
Final Destination 5
Agreed.
Also I never see The Darkest Hour anymore.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #17
Special Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Troll View Post
Final Destination 5
This was a Best Buy exclusive that I know of, but it is going to be a wide release starting next week. It will be available at Walmart and Amazon next week.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:26 AM   #18
Special Member

Feb 2012
KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFAlien View Post
The Last Airbender 3D was a Best Buy exclusive never released outside of exclusivity. Cheapest new copy on Amazon is $52. Definitely not worth it - absolutely awful conversion just barely above an auto-convert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
My local Best Buy still has a single copy of The Last Airbender (at least they did last weekend, and I'm assuming it's still there... lol), shoved into the very back of the bottom shelf in the store's 3-D section. Going price is around $34.99, I think. I thought about buying it in order to burn it, but ultimately I figured M. Knight whats-his-name wasn't worth it.
I think Last Airbender 3D finally had a wide release; there is a new listing at Best Buy which was different from the exclusive (which appears to be gone for at least the second time).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Last...nder&lp=1&cp=1
Old 02-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

The Three Musketeers.
PLEASE take a look at my NEW home theater gallery pics!!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #20

Apr 2009
New Jersey

The only one I has issue finding was Beauty and the Beast 3d, so I eventually just gave in and bought of Amazon for $36. I was able to sell my 2d version for $18 so it didnt sting as much. During the last u&s at best buy almost all of the movies you guys mention above were at my local bb.

@ OP - have you checked Walmart (if you are in the US) as my Walmart has

Green Lantern
Transformers
Immortals
John Carter
Thor
Captain America

Everyday for $29.99 I think .. its pretty much the only 3d movies they normally carry (Smurfs and new releases now too)

Edit - just saw the Australia tag so none of this is relevant to you
Panasonic 55" VT50
Onyko 809
Fronts: Polk 70s, Surrounds: Polk 50s, Sub:PSW505, Center: Paradigm
Optoma HD33
Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD
(360, PS3, Wii, Wii U)
Xbox One

Last edited by jerzdawg; 02-14-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies