Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.96
 
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Nurse 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99
 
Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.79
 
Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.00
 
Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.99
 
Passengers 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Sangaree 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.62
 
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.44
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
sookymonster sookymonster is offline
Special Member
 
sookymonster's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
89
Australia Rare or Out of Print 3D blu's(List 'em!)

I was thinking about a list of the 3D movies that I don't really see on the shelves anymore and to make a list of them.

So this would be a good way for everyone to post whats rare or unavailable where they are.

It helps to know if one were to sell there blu's one day, we dont want to give the rare one's away at least..

So here is my start-

Green Lantern
Transformers
Immortals
John Carter
Thor
Captain America
Gullivers Travels
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
TM2-Megatron TM2-Megatron is online now
Special Member
 
TM2-Megatron's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada
1400
113
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookymonster View Post
Green Lantern
Transformers
Immortals
John Carter
Thor
Captain America
Gullivers Travels
I've seen every one of those as recently as this week at my local Future Shop. And Gullivers Travels was actually $10 off this week if you traded in an old DVD. They have loads of Captain America and Thor, in particular; probably due to the Avengers rush.

Personally, what I don't see a lot of around here are the Dreamworks titles that started off as Best Buy exclusives. Not even Best Buys seem to carry much of them (and most of the Best Buy's I've been in have very poor and messy 3-D sections compared to Future Shop stores); and Future Shop doesn't have them available in brick & mortar stores at all, although they're online if you don't mind the $40 price tag.

Also, Legend of the Guardians is impossible to find around here in decent condition because some moron somewhere along the line decided to shrinkwrap them over the lenticular slipcover, causing extreme crushing damage to the corners of every damn copy in every store I've ever been in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
sookymonster sookymonster is offline
Special Member
 
sookymonster's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
I've seen every one of those as recently as this week at my local Future Shop. And Gullivers Travels was actually $10 off this week if you traded in an old DVD. They have loads of Captain America and Thor, in particular; probably due to the Avengers rush.

Personally, what I don't see a lot of around here are the Dreamworks titles that started off as Best Buy exclusives. Not even Best Buys seem to carry much of them (and most of the Best Buy's I've been in have very poor and messy 3-D sections compared to Future Shop stores); and Future Shop doesn't have them available in brick & mortar stores at all, although they're online if you don't mind the $40 price tag.

Also, Legend of the Guardians is impossible to find around here in decent condition because some moron somewhere along the line decided to shrinkwrap them over the lenticular slipcover, causing extreme crushing damage to the corners of every damn copy in every store I've ever been in.

Sweet mate,thats the idEA. I am in Australia and I rarely see any of these if at all now. What region is Canada? A?

Also, we do not have Best Buys which sound good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
Lovemy3D Lovemy3D is offline
Power Member
 
Lovemy3D's Avatar
 
May 2010
2
Default

I've only seen Sanctum 3D on a store shelf one time. I've still not seen that movie.

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 10-19-2012 at 10:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
TM2-Megatron TM2-Megatron is online now
Special Member
 
TM2-Megatron's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada
1400
113
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookymonster View Post
Sweet mate,thats the idEA. I am in Australia and I rarely see any of these if at all now. What region is Canada? A?

Also, we do not have Best Buys which sound good.
Canada's region A, yeah. We get the same releases as the US in most cases, except those few cases where a film has a different distributor (like Coraline), which generally works to our disadvantage as we end up with inferior packaging.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
UFAlien UFAlien is offline
Power Member
 
UFAlien's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
189
13
28
Default

The Last Airbender 3D was a Best Buy exclusive never released outside of exclusivity. Cheapest new copy on Amazon is $52. Definitely not worth it - absolutely awful conversion just barely above an auto-convert.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #7
TM2-Megatron TM2-Megatron is online now
Special Member
 
TM2-Megatron's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada
1400
113
2
Default

My local Best Buy still has a single copy of The Last Airbender (at least they did last weekend, and I'm assuming it's still there... lol), shoved into the very back of the bottom shelf in the store's 3-D section. Going price is around $34.99, I think. I thought about buying it in order to burn it, but ultimately I figured M. Knight whats-his-name wasn't worth it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:49 AM   #8
Jack_Ryder_2012 Jack_Ryder_2012 is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2012
Default

How can you call the marvel movies rare? they where just re-released with the assemble box set
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:59 AM   #9
Cevolution Cevolution is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Cevolution's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia
83
2480
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookymonster View Post
I was thinking about a list of the 3D movies that I don't really see on the shelves anymore and to make a list of them.

So this would be a good way for everyone to post whats rare or unavailable where they are.

It helps to know if one were to sell there blu's one day, we dont want to give the rare one's away at least..

So here is my start-

Green Lantern
Transformers
Immortals
John Carter
Thor
Captain America
Gullivers Travels
I don't know what city you are in, but I see those 3d titles all the time here in Sydney
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo udp-203 & bdp-105 4K/UHD/Blu-ray players (multi-region), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One X & 360 s, Sony PS4 Pro & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting + htw1000, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony ultimate remote+hub
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:11 AM   #10
MANUELF MANUELF is offline
Member
 
MANUELF's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Sinaloa, México
58
Default

Here in Mexico I havent seen in a while:
Rio 3D
Darkest Hour 3D
Ice Age 3 3D
Narnia 3 3D
Gulliver Travels 3D (Hate this movie)
Pirates Band of Misfits 3D
John Carter 3D
Ghost Rider 2 3D
Underworld Awakening 3D
Tintin 3D
Dolphin Tale 3D
Smurfs 3D
Pirates of The Caribbean 4 3D
Priest 3D
Cirque Du Soleil 3D
Swimsuits 2011 3D
Drive Angry 3D(Dont like this movie)
Step Up 3D
Fifa 2010 3D

PS: I only counted the movies I ever saw on the stores, Im not counting movies like the katy perry or gnome and juliet ones that were never released here
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #11
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
124
Default

Best Buy walk in store has pretty much every title I can think of, including the more rare Chicken Little 3D and quite a lot of others. They also have a separate 3D section end cap, with 20 titles on sale.

For awhile, they were lacking on content, but now they've covered almost every 3D film out there except for the imports and smaller titles.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #12
sookymonster sookymonster is offline
Special Member
 
sookymonster's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
I don't know what city you are in, but I see those 3d titles all the time here in Sydney
Have not seen any boxsets, and i am about 2oo klmns north in Newey.

We dont even have one 3d picture running in ANY of the cinema's here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #13
homethx homethx is offline
Member
 
Aug 2011
327
Default

Beauty And The Beast has gone back in the Disney vault, so going to be very expensive to buy now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #14
sookymonster sookymonster is offline
Special Member
 
sookymonster's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
89
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by homethx View Post
Beauty And The Beast has gone back in the Disney vault, so going to be very expensive to buy now.
Thanks for this info. this is why I started it. Will pick ip up when I see it now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #15
King Troll King Troll is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2012
686
127
Default

Final Destination 5
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #16
sookymonster sookymonster is offline
Special Member
 
sookymonster's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Troll View Post
Final Destination 5
Agreed.
Also I never see The Darkest Hour anymore.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #17
keb33509 keb33509 is offline
Special Member
 
keb33509's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
442
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Troll View Post
Final Destination 5
This was a Best Buy exclusive that I know of, but it is going to be a wide release starting next week. It will be available at Walmart and Amazon next week.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:26 AM   #18
lcummins lcummins is offline
Special Member
 
lcummins's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
KY
4405
1523
119
32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFAlien View Post
The Last Airbender 3D was a Best Buy exclusive never released outside of exclusivity. Cheapest new copy on Amazon is $52. Definitely not worth it - absolutely awful conversion just barely above an auto-convert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
My local Best Buy still has a single copy of The Last Airbender (at least they did last weekend, and I'm assuming it's still there... lol), shoved into the very back of the bottom shelf in the store's 3-D section. Going price is around $34.99, I think. I thought about buying it in order to burn it, but ultimately I figured M. Knight whats-his-name wasn't worth it.
I think Last Airbender 3D finally had a wide release; there is a new listing at Best Buy which was different from the exclusive (which appears to be gone for at least the second time).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Last...nder&lp=1&cp=1
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #19
Taygan315 Taygan315 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Taygan315's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
10
10
2
Default

The Three Musketeers.
PLEASE take a look at my NEW home theater gallery pics!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #20
jerzdawg jerzdawg is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2009
New Jersey
1
240
Default

The only one I has issue finding was Beauty and the Beast 3d, so I eventually just gave in and bought of Amazon for $36. I was able to sell my 2d version for $18 so it didnt sting as much. During the last u&s at best buy almost all of the movies you guys mention above were at my local bb.

@ OP - have you checked Walmart (if you are in the US) as my Walmart has

Green Lantern
Transformers
Immortals
John Carter
Thor
Captain America

Everyday for $29.99 I think .. its pretty much the only 3d movies they normally carry (Smurfs and new releases now too)

Edit - just saw the Australia tag so none of this is relevant to you
Panasonic 55" VT50
Onyko 809
Fronts: Polk 70s, Surrounds: Polk 50s, Sub:PSW505, Center: Paradigm
Optoma HD33
Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD
(360, PS3, Wii, Wii U)
Xbox One

Last edited by jerzdawg; 02-14-2013 at 07:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:10 AM.