Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Needful Things 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
11 hrs ago
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$48.90
3 hrs ago
Avatar: The Way of Water 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
11 hrs ago
Clint Eastwood: The Universal Pictures 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.98
11 hrs ago
Miami Vice: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$28.99
16 hrs ago
Violet Evergarden: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$37.66
5 hrs ago
Hugo 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$33.49
 
Quantum Leap: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$28.99
15 hrs ago
Magnum, P.I.: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
15 hrs ago
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.41
8 hrs ago
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.95
 
Ronin 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.52
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Which team will win this year's NBA Championship from the bubble?
LA Lakers in 4 games 2 7.41%
LA Lakers in 5 games 8 29.63%
LA Lakers in 6 games 9 33.33%
LA Lakers in 7 games 1 3.70%
Miami Heat in 4 games 0 0%
Miami Heat in 5 games 0 0%
Miami Heat in 6 games 5 18.52%
Miami Heat in 7 games 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2023, 02:54 PM   #83961
El Rey El Rey is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
El Rey's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA
175
450
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
I wasnít wrong about Rodney Hood. I was wrong about him becoming anywhere near an all-star, obviously, but the thing people still making fun off is something they didnít understand because they, apparently, must surely not be that smart. It really grinds my gears when itís constantly brought up, because itís just so damn stupid. Even people I thought were generally my ďfriendsĒ seem to think itís cool to make fun of.

You say my feelings were hurt when you liked bruceís comments, but I was merely befuddled as to why you were doing it, because you were generally agreeing with me. Iím not in the least interested in your likes.

You want me to be all respectful or whatever, and while you may on the surface have written a sober post, youíre taking a huge dump on me while demanding that I be nice. Thatís just not how things work, except, of course, I donít think Iím this giant jerk that youíre making me out to be. Your judgment on this subject isnít necessarily factual.

Iíll also note that youíre the one constantly going meta, complaing about me. If you werenít offended, then why are you spending so much time doing that? The thread is chugging along just fine in spite of my wickedly ghoulish behaviour. If people can bring up dumb shit they never understood from years ago to dump on me, then surely lacit should be able to handle a little giggling smiley?
complaining, lol ok. Again, I was going about my business not addressing or responding to you until you took it as a personal affront that I was liking the posts bruce made in response to yours.

RE: Rodney Hood - ok you WEREN'T wrong... guy who says he can admit when he's wrong. The fact that you can't see why people still bring this up is equal parts baffling and hilarious.

I don't care if you're respectful or whatever. If you're gonna be a d-ck to someone, expect the same energy back.

there's a term for those who lack self reflection but think very highly of themselves

Anyways, happy for the Lakers win of course, good to see AD show up and Reaves continue to ball out. But last nights win creates more space between the Kings and Suns in those 3 and 4 spots. A Kings win over the Suns tomorrow creates an even bigger lead. Need MEM to start losing too but they play HOU again tomorrow night.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:00 PM   #83962
bruceames bruceames is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
bruceames's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Novato, CA
15
1337
2
1
Default

He's a fan favorite and blossoming into a potential superstar. There would a huge backlash if they don't keep him, so undoubtedly they will match whatever offer he gets elsewhere if his camp wants more than the $50 mil max. Fortunately, he wants to be a Laker, so I can't see any scenario where he leaves.

Going to be interesting to see how the ball control duties divvy up when Lebron comes back.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Naiera (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 04:18 PM   #83963
El Rey El Rey is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
El Rey's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA
175
450
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
He's a fan favorite and blossoming into a potential superstar. There would a huge backlash if they don't keep him, so undoubtedly they will match whatever offer he gets elsewhere if his camp wants more than the $50 mil max. Fortunately, he wants to be a Laker, so I can't see any scenario where he leaves.

Going to be interesting to see how the ball control duties divvy up when Lebron comes back.
Hopefully Pelinka learned his lesson after letting Caruso go.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 05:55 PM   #83964
Naiera Naiera is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
2
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post

RE: Rodney Hood - ok you WEREN'T wrong... guy who says he can admit when he's wrong. The fact that you can't see why people still bring this up is equal parts baffling and hilarious.
The ability to admit when you’re wrong doesn’t mean you have to admit you’re wrong when you aren’t

If people are bringing it up because Hood never became even a stable rotation player, then that’s even more ridiculous; obviously I was wrong back then and I have no problem admitting so. Which I also did on the previous page. It’s a matter of fact that he never got anywhere near an all-star game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 06:04 PM   #83965
Naiera Naiera is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
2
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
He's a fan favorite and blossoming into a potential superstar.
That’s going a bit too far. I think he lacks the physical tools to be truly great in the league. If he could add more muscle and a few inches to his vertical, then we’d be onto something, but I’m not sure that’s realistic.

Obviously, he’s going to be a great rotation player if he can stay consistent and improve his shooting percentages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post

Going to be interesting to see how the ball control duties divvy up when Lebron comes back.
LeBron should be the main ballfondler. That’s how they won in the bubble and that’s one of the things that were wrong with the Lakers when Westbrook was pounding the rock all over the court.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 06:05 PM   #83966
Lacit170 Lacit170 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Lacit170's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
CT
39
591
258
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
The ability to admit when youíre wrong doesnít mean you have to admit youíre wrong when you arenít

If people are bringing it up because Hood never became even a stable rotation player, then thatís even more ridiculous; obviously I was wrong back then and I have no problem admitting so. Which I also did on the previous page. Itís a matter of fact that he never got anywhere near an all-star game.
bro, you just cant help yourself can you?

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
El Rey (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 06:06 PM   #83967
Lacit170 Lacit170 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Lacit170's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
CT
39
591
258
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
He's a fan favorite and blossoming into a potential superstar. There would a huge backlash if they don't keep him, so undoubtedly they will match whatever offer he gets elsewhere if his camp wants more than the $50 mil max. Fortunately, he wants to be a Laker, so I can't see any scenario where he leaves.

Going to be interesting to see how the ball control duties divvy up when Lebron comes back.
potential borderline future....
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
El Rey (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 06:12 PM   #83968
Naiera Naiera is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
2
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
bro, you just cant help yourself can you?

Iím not the one constantly bringing it up every time I write the words all and star.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 06:46 PM   #83969
bruceames bruceames is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
bruceames's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Novato, CA
15
1337
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
potential borderline future....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
That’s going a bit too far. I think he lacks the physical tools to be truly great in the league. If he could add more muscle and a few inches to his vertical, then we’d be onto something, but I’m not sure that’s realistic.

Obviously, he’s going to be a great rotation player if he can stay consistent and improve his shooting percentages.
.
If you're getting to the line in double digit numbers on a regular basis, score 20+ ppg and defend well, then those are all-star credentials. He's already getting superstar calls, but at least it's not going going to far to say he's got all-star potential, if not superstar. He's playing like an all-star right now and still improving.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
El Rey (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 06:47 PM   #83970
Lacit170 Lacit170 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Lacit170's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
CT
39
591
258
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
I’m not the one constantly bringing it up every time I write the words all and star.
dont foget the words future, potential and borderline

but thats not what i was referring to anyway. the bickering in general, just let it go man and move on.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
El Rey (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 06:48 PM   #83971
Azyiu Azyiu is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Azyiu's Avatar
 
May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research
5
362
54
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
LeBron should be the main ballfondler. That’s how they won in the bubble and that’s one of the things that were wrong with the Lakers when Westbrook was pounding the rock all over the court.
That's a bit oversimplifying things there. Back then we also had a number of 3-and-D guys, and we also had a few agile bigs to throw around too. It was a perfect roster for the playoffs.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
El Rey (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 07:22 PM   #83972
Naiera Naiera is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
2
24
Default

The 3 and D guys are back. LeBron fondling the ball doesn’t mean he can’t get in the post a little, either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 05:22 AM   #83973
Russ103 Russ103 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Russ103's Avatar
 
May 2010
Australia
15
960
159
10
Default

Julius Randle doing his best to prep Knicks fans for another first round play-off exit.

D*ckhead argues with a ref at half time as a teammate tries to hold him back as to not get a tech. He gets the tech and then also gets into the face of his teammate for trying to hold him back. Then gets escorted of the court.

F*ck this guy. I so hope he gets traded before next season - just not to the Spurs, Thunder, or Blazers.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lacit170 (03-24-2023)
Old 03-24-2023, 05:36 AM   #83974
Naiera Naiera is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
2
24
Default

Why not those teams?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 05:47 AM   #83975
Russ103 Russ103 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Russ103's Avatar
 
May 2010
Australia
15
960
159
10
Default

They're all teams that I enjoy watching because they have Aussie players on them. Randle will ruin my enjoyment of watching those teams.

Spurs even with Patty Mills now gone have Brett Brown and Matty Nielson as assistants. Brett Brown spent years coaching in Australia, and Matt Nielsen played for him when he was here. Brown's first NBA job after leaving Australia was an assistant gig under Pop so I'll always have a soft spot for them.

Blazers have Matisse Thybulle.

OKC has Josh Giddy.

There's also Ingles in Milwaukee and they're not stupid enough to want Randle.

There's other teams with Aussies, but I don't enjoy watching those teams for various reasons so it wouldn't effect me
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Naiera (03-24-2023)
Old 03-24-2023, 07:17 AM   #83976
VictoryAtNight VictoryAtNight is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
VictoryAtNight's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Hunter's Dream
69
1039
393
8
100
3
Default

Okoro!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 07:18 AM   #83977
Russ103 Russ103 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Russ103's Avatar
 
May 2010
Australia
15
960
159
10
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
Delly Dellavedova plays for Sacramento. Another Australian player.
I love Delly but he doesn't play enough to warrant watching the Kings.

There's Jock in Phoenix, but I hate Booker and CPIII.

Dyson Daniels in NO, but I've never been able to get into that team for some reason.

There's Patty and Ben in Brooklyn, but I have never enjoyed watching the Nets (Knick fan).

Josh Green in Dallas is fun to watch, but Luka's constant whining is making it hard to enjoy Mavs basketball.

... and Xavier Cooks just signed with the Wizards, but that would mean watching the Wizards, so ... no thank you.

And Kyrie was born here and has dual citizenship, but he's never identified as an Aussie so he doesn't count
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Naiera (03-24-2023), VictoryAtNight (03-24-2023)
Old 03-24-2023, 07:23 AM   #83978
VictoryAtNight VictoryAtNight is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
VictoryAtNight's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Hunter's Dream
69
1039
393
8
100
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ103 View Post
I love Delly but he doesn't play enough to warrant watching the Kings.

There's Jock in Phoenix, but I hate Booker and CPIII.

Dyson Daniels in NO, but I've never been able to get into that team for some reason.

There's Patty and Ben in Brooklyn, but I have never enjoyed watching the Nets (Knick fan).

Josh Green in Dallas is fun to watch, but Luka's constant whining is making it hard to enjoy Mavs basketball.

... and Xavier Cooks just signed with the Wizards, but that would mean watching the Wizards, so ... no thank you.

And Kyrie was born here and has dual citizenship, but he's never identified as an Aussie so he doesn't count
Iím aware of Kyrie. I had no idea of Cooks, Green, Daniels & Jock being from Australia. Learn something new.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 12:30 PM   #83979
Naiera Naiera is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Naiera's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Denmark
2
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ103 View Post
They're all teams that I enjoy watching because they have Aussie players on them.
I figured it was something along those lines.

Jock Landale annoys me, because his name should be Jack Londale
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 02:15 PM   #83980
Azyiu Azyiu is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Azyiu's Avatar
 
May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research
5
362
54
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ103 View Post
They're all teams that I enjoy watching because they have Aussie players on them.
The first Aussie players I came to know about and remember were of course Luc Longley, and later Shane Heal. The latter was a 3-pt specialist in the 90s, and I remember he shot like crazy in the 96 Olympics. He was later signed by the T-Wolves. As far as I recall, however, his NBA career wasn't remarkable whatsoever.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:42 AM.