Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$115.96

Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Planet Earth II 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
5 hrs ago
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

A Star Is Born 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Posters and Art

Old 03-22-2015, 03:19 AM   #1

Jul 2013
Rochester, NY
Default Age of Ultron Poster Value?

I got this poster from my friend that works at a printing shop. They made these huge Age of Ultron posters for Payless the shoe store. I'm estimating its ten feet long and five feet wide. The Avengers poster they made for them has payless logos and what not on the poster. However, someone at the shop decided to make one without the payless logos and advertising. Only two were printed and my buddy gave it to me because there's no where he can put it. The material is like a vinyl canvas type. Super nice and thick. Does anyone know if this poster is worth anything? Like I said only two were made without the payless advertising on the poster. Don't want to sell it, just curious if it's worth anything.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:22 AM   #2

Jul 2013
Rochester, NY

Maybe more like 4'6" by 8'
Old 03-23-2015, 06:48 AM   #3
Special Member

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdjnugz View Post
I got this poster from my friend that works at a printing shop. They made these huge Age of Ultron posters for Payless the shoe store. I'm estimating its ten feet long and five feet wide. The Avengers poster they made for them has payless logos and what not on the poster. However, someone at the shop decided to make one without the payless logos and advertising. Only two were printed and my buddy gave it to me because there's no where he can put it. The material is like a vinyl canvas type. Super nice and thick. Does anyone know if this poster is worth anything? Like I said only two were made without the payless advertising on the poster. Don't want to sell it, just curious if it's worth anything.
What ever someone is willing to pay is what it is worth....
Old 04-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Everything is worth "something to someone", but what I can say is this. Generally promotional materials are made by the studios, or contracted out under a license agreement. If Payless Shoes worked out some sort of license agreement/tie-in with the movie, then the item would be legit, however, if a person decides at the printer to print extras or change the imagery based on what Disney approved, that can cause problems. Printing one without the Payless logos, etc is a big no-no, and if it comes down to where you want to sell it, I would highly recommend not going the eBay route. Not trying to put any fear into you but when a person prints something and alters what was approved, the studio could come down hard, Disney's legal power is like the Death Star and they are very protective of their copyrights, etc.

It is probably 4x6 or 5x8 in size, generally bus shelter style posters you see at the malls, or bus stops are 4x6, but there are also vinyl banners made that are 5x8 in size. Keeping it for yourself is one thing, but you may want to casually mention to your friend not to make more on the side as it can get him in trouble with a studio. You have a nice piece there, now you need a big wall to display it.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:06 AM   #5

Jul 2013
Rochester, NY

Thanks for the response, I'm building a home theater in the basement within a year or so, so it's going in there! I haven't attempted to sell it at all, pretty much made up my mind to keep it. Regardless of it's value, I like the poster without all the marketing on it. The trouble is getting a frame for it! I don't want to put holes in it with thumbtacks or use blu tack.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:10 AM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Thanks for the response, I'm building a home theater in the basement within a year or so, so it's going in there! I haven't attempted to sell it at all, pretty much made up my mind to keep it. Regardless of it's value, I like the poster without all the marketing on it. The trouble is getting a frame for it! I don't want to put holes in it with thumbtacks or use blu tack.
A frame would be costly, and I would avoid it especially if you tried to go the glass route, because something that sized framed with glass would be quite heavy and extremely fragile. You could go with plexiglass, talk to a local frame store, explain to them the size and see if there are options doing a glass-less frame that won't damage the actual poster.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Posters and Art