Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dune 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
Invasion of the Body Snatchers 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.85
3 hrs ago
The Last Duel 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Film Noir: The Dark Side of Cinema V (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Blu-ray)
$22.96
21 hrs ago
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Blu-ray)
$24.96
1 day ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Little Rascals Volume 3 (Blu-ray)
$21.99
12 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time in China: The Complete Films (Blu-ray)
$62.49

The Flag of Iron (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Summer of 84 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.13
22 hrs ago
Menace II Society 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems

Old 12-10-2016, 05:29 AM   #361

Jul 2009
Michigan

I've heard emotiva... not impressed. Parasound smokes it any day of the week.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:08 AM   #362
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizzap30 View Post
I've heard emotiva... not impressed. Parasound smokes it any day of the week.
To you they might but to others maybe not, I've listened to the halo series and loved the sound of them but don't feel they smoke my emotiva separates set up. I listened to b&w 802 diamond series with 15k worth of marantz mono block amps and didn't enjoy it as much as my system or the 804d with a Bryston 4bs amp and pre amp that was in the room next to it.

So I'm an emotiva owner and would consider many different brands of amps like naim, Hegel, parasound, belles, and many more I just haven't found anything I've heard that has made me say I gotta have this and get ride of what I currently have.
Not saying that won't happen someday but for now I'm more than happy with what I have. So I say go and listen to as much gear as you can and buy what you think is best! Sometimes it might be the most expensive others not but don't limit yourself! Its a great hobby that many people can enjoy in different ways. One day I would like to move up the dynaudio chain to some new contours but that doesn't mean somebody else wouldn't like something else better.
So I guess what I'm trying to say is anyone who loves audio shouldn't let their selves be limited to any one brand go out and take a listen and let your ears make the choice!
Thanks given by:
ldgibson76 (12-15-2016), onyxbfly (12-26-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 06:28 PM   #363

Nov 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman922 View Post
To you they might but to others maybe not, I've listened to the halo series and loved the sound of them but don't feel they smoke my emotiva separates set up. I listened to b&w 802 diamond series with 15k worth of marantz mono block amps and didn't enjoy it as much as my system or the 804d with a Bryston 4bs amp and pre amp that was in the room next to it.

So I'm an emotiva owner and would consider many different brands of amps like naim, Hegel, parasound, belles, and many more I just haven't found anything I've heard that has made me say I gotta have this and get ride of what I currently have.
Not saying that won't happen someday but for now I'm more than happy with what I have. So I say go and listen to as much gear as you can and buy what you think is best! Sometimes it might be the most expensive others not but don't limit yourself! Its a great hobby that many people can enjoy in different ways. One day I would like to move up the dynaudio chain to some new contours but that doesn't mean somebody else wouldn't like something else better.
So I guess what I'm trying to say is anyone who loves audio shouldn't let their selves be limited to any one brand go out and take a listen and let your ears make the choice!
Felt the same way until my buddy hooked up Atmos with his Marantz 7702 mkii. All I'm gonna say is my Emotiva is going up for sale. In truth I don't like the Emotiva I have as well as the Outlaw 950 I had.

Last edited by Funky54; 12-21-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:38 PM   #364

Dec 2008
Langley , British Columbia Canada

I think this day and age with the competition out there , with so many awesome choices with high end or entry level... I don't get the appeal for Emotiva ... I have listened to them on a few demos , yeah for there price point there better than most recievers but come on spend some more money and get a real piece of audio gear... Just saying
Old 05-23-2017, 06:45 PM   #365
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
I think this day and age with the competition out there , with so many awesome choices with high end or entry level... I don't get the appeal for Emotiva ... I have listened to them on a few demos , yeah for there price point there better than most recievers but come on spend some more money and get a real piece of audio gear... Just saying
You say that Emotiva is better than most Receiver's, are you speaking about EMO-AVR's or the EMO- External Amp's they are known for?
Old 05-28-2017, 08:58 PM   #366

Dec 2008
Langley , British Columbia Canada

No comparing the Emo amps and there processors sound quality to some of the better receiver manufactures . Not a fair comparison though a pre/pro amp combo to most recievers. Unless your listening to some of the high end recievers like... Macintosh,Arcam,Cambridge,Rotel, Anthem and others....That can give some of the pre/pro amp combos a run for there money in sound quality.
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (05-30-2017), TheHills44060 (11-23-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 01:27 AM   #367
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013
Somewhere Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post

Not everyone is made of money.........Just saying.

I just picked up a pre owned XDA-1, I like it's build & SQ. Solid.
Thanks given by:
onyxbfly (11-21-2018), solarrdadd (11-16-2018)
Old 01-05-2020, 04:03 AM   #368

Oct 2009

How do Emotiva amps compare against the Monoprice Monolith's?

I'm planning on buying my very first amp for my HT system and would like get something with great sq and at a good value for the money.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:02 PM   #369
Expert Member

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystickid View Post

I'm planning on buying my very first amp for my HT system and would like get something with great sq and at a good value for the money.
Monoprice is the king in value for performance right now. Designed by ATI, made in the US, and very sturdy and well built. Cheaper than emotiva but i do hear it runs hot, and are quite heavy by design. Ive owned a few emotivas and really like the styling, as they look very premium in person. And I would say they compete admirably with my parasound halo amps, though not as refined and controlled. Good luck.
Thanks given by:
prerich (04-12-2021)
Old 11-14-2021, 01:39 AM   #370

Jul 2009
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystickid View Post

Value is subjective. I would really recommend going to your local store and auditioning different electronics.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems