Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Batman 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99
1 day ago
Bourne: The Ultimate Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
1 day ago
The Killing 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.52
6 hrs ago
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.49
6 hrs ago
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Candyman 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 day ago
Wild Things 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99

No Time to Die 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Edge of Tomorrow 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99

The Shawshank Redemption 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
22 hrs ago
Zack Snyder's Justice League 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 day ago
Halloween Kills 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-04-2022, 03:45 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008
The Diamond Capital of North America™
Default JBL Charge 5

I ordered the mentioned bluetooth speaker recently to replace the Charge 4 that I've had for the last couple of years.
My Charge 4 has been excellent, though abused somewhat, and that is why I'm replacing it with another JBL product.

There's been several changes from the 4 to the 5 and from what I've looked into, the new Charge 5 has a bit more power (40W vs 30W), is dust proof (a big deal for my use), can charge my phone, has bluetooth 5.1 vs 4.2, longer battery life, and now a separate tweeter and mid-range, yay!
There's no 3.5mm input, but that hasn't been an issue for me, I prefer bluetooth for playback.

Neither the Charge 4 or 5 are stereo, but the 4 down-mixes very well, it's almost like stereo. I'm thinking the 5 will also be great at that.
I had a Bose Soundlink before and that down-mixed badly. Led Zepplin with very little of Jimmy's guitar hearable? No fn thanks!

Here's a link where a fella compared the 4 and 5:

https://www.whathifi.com/us/advice/j...aker-is-better

I bought the Charge 4 specifically for work and it didn't disappoint.
I've dropped it several times and it didn't get damaged. It's been in some nasty temperature swings which usually kills electronics like these, but the 4 has persevered, mostly, for the last 2.5 years. Exposing it to the cold is likely why I need to replace it. The battery is still good, unbelievably, but the speaker doesn't sound too good anymore. That's no fault of build quality or anything else, not much can endure what the Charge 4 has.

The Charge 5 will be in before I head back to work and I'm hoping that I can break it in for a bit before leaving. That'll be easier at home rather than up at camp where I might be disturbing any neighbours.
Because of how great the Charge 4 has been, I'm psyched to get the Charge 5.
If anyone is looking to get a decent bluetooth speaker, I have no problem recommending these JBL Charge speakers.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio