Best Anime Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Spy x Family: Season One - Part One (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$39.96
 
To Love Ru: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$73.96
 
Violet Evergarden: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$46.47
 
My Senpai Is Annoying (Blu-ray)
$49.99
10 hrs ago
Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (Blu-ray)
$23.39
20 hrs ago
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
One-Punch Man: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.96
54 min ago
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? - Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$72.21
 
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: Stargazer (Blu-ray)
$19.98
 
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2022, 05:47 PM   #7101
jidaigeki junkie jidaigeki junkie is offline
Member
 
jidaigeki junkie's Avatar
 
Sep 2016
57
647
178
Default

Can someone tell me what the file upload limit for images is? Was trying to upload some pics of the Ultimate edition for @RIKANA and the forum keeps on giving an error message "upload failed".
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:38 PM   #7102
rayeknor rayeknor is offline
Member
 
Sep 2020
Default

Still no official disc replacement for UK editions?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:54 PM   #7103
Gorgon Gorgon is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Gorgon's Avatar
 
Jun 2015
Great White North
32
Default

^^ If you click on the "Attachments" icon (paperclip) in a new mssg post, it gives the max file size and dimensions for images to upload, dependent on format used (i.e. Jpeg, Gif, BMP, etc)

Regarding spreadsheets; I've been using one for my shows (Blus & DVDs), books and music (LPs & Cds) for many years.

For Films/Shows, I'm up to 3295 'Titles' and there are a LOT of collections/box-sets that only get one title assigned, with a 'Comment' that lists the contents.
My Girl's spreadsheet (I keep on their behalf, since most of their titles come from me, heh) is up to 282 Tiltes.

I also do a copy/paste onto an external SSD drive of the Spreadsheet, plus the pics I take. Just in case my computer ever has a meltdown.

Last edited by Gorgon; 01-19-2022 at 07:00 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:55 PM   #7104
CuppaKofe CuppaKofe is offline
Active Member
 
CuppaKofe's Avatar
 
Oct 2020
Canada
5
360
168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jidaigeki junkie View Post
Can someone tell me what the file upload limit for images is? Was trying to upload some pics of the Ultimate edition for @RIKANA and the forum keeps on giving an error message "upload failed".
Alternatively you could just host it on an image sharing site like Imgur. I've had nothing but trouble trying to upload images directly to the forum.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steve Freeling (01-19-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 12:35 AM   #7105
bubsybobcat1 bubsybobcat1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Oct 2018
2
148
365
Default

i finally got my replacement disc!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jidaigeki junkie (01-20-2022), Lionel Horsepackage (01-20-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 02:05 AM   #7106
SpiritMeAway SpiritMeAway is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2021
126
680
370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgon View Post
Regarding spreadsheets; I've been using one for my shows (Blus & DVDs), books and music (LPs & Cds) for many years.

For Films/Shows, I'm up to 3295 'Titles' and there are a LOT of collections/box-sets that only get one title assigned, with a 'Comment' that lists the contents.
My Girl's spreadsheet (I keep on their behalf, since most of their titles come from me, heh) is up to 282 Tiltes.

I also do a copy/paste onto an external SSD drive of the Spreadsheet, plus the pics I take. Just in case my computer ever has a meltdown.
I would love to know some of the column/row headings y'all use for your trackers - always curious to know how folks organize things like this! I've been sporadically updating Libib for a few years but would like something a little more permanent.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 03:43 AM   #7107
RIKANA RIKANA is offline
Special Member
 
RIKANA's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Greendale, WI
18
696
1
Send a message via AIM to RIKANA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jidaigeki junkie View Post
Can someone tell me what the file upload limit for images is? Was trying to upload some pics of the Ultimate edition for @RIKANA and the forum keeps on giving an error message "upload failed".
Hopes this helps you. If not sorry. Thank you for the pictures.

RI
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220119-223759_Chrome.jpg (68.0 KB, 30 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:41 AM   #7108
The Collector FX The Collector FX is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
The Collector FX's Avatar
 
Aug 2019
Utah
13
631
394
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIKANA View Post
Hopes this helps you. If not sorry. Thank you for the pictures.

RI
Just use postimages.org and use the url. There's a specific link you can copy/paste in here that's specifically for forums. (more commonly known as "hotlinking")
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:49 AM   #7109
jidaigeki junkie jidaigeki junkie is offline
Member
 
jidaigeki junkie's Avatar
 
Sep 2016
57
647
178
Default

Thanks to all who replied re: the images. The file sizes were way over what the forum would allow so instead of messing about compressing them I decided just to do what people suggested and put them on a filehosting site.

Link is here: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y7NBRwT

I haven't included the regular size artcards but if anyone wants to see those I can add em later. They're the same images used on the platinum edition covers.

Analysis hounds will get a big kick out of the book which even drills down into information on specific shots in episodes. I really didn't need a sachiel paperweight but it is a pretty cool and unique item and seems well made. The lanyard will probably stay in its box forever The book, packaging and LD artcards swung it for me along with both cuts of the show and 2 sets of subs.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the set, I personally would have went with a more traditional disc holder for the discs and it's a shame that the laserdisc style artcards are double sided meaning you couldn't frame the whole set if you wanted to.

Last edited by jidaigeki junkie; 01-20-2022 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Original image did not show genesis 0:4 art card
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lionel Horsepackage (01-21-2022), RodChester (01-20-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 11:23 AM   #7110
RIKANA RIKANA is offline
Special Member
 
RIKANA's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Greendale, WI
18
696
1
Send a message via AIM to RIKANA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jidaigeki junkie View Post
Thanks to all who replied re: the images. The file sizes were way over what the forum would allow so instead of messing about compressing them I decided just to do what people suggested and put them on a filehosting site.

Link is here: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y7NBRwT

I haven't included the regular size artcards but if anyone wants to see those I can add em later. They're the same images used on the platinum edition covers.

Analysis hounds will get a big kick out of the book which even drills down into information on specific shots in episodes. I really didn't need a sachiel paperweight but it is a pretty cool and unique item and seems well made. The lanyard will probably stay in its box forever The book, packaging and LD artcards swung it for me along with both cuts of the show and 2 sets of subs.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the set, I personally would have went with a more traditional disc holder for the discs and it's a shame that the laserdisc style artcards are double sided meaning you couldn't frame the whole set if you wanted to.
Thank you. 😊 the pictures are wounderful. Thanks for takeing the time to do this

RI

RI
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jidaigeki junkie (01-20-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 11:44 AM   #7111
jidaigeki junkie jidaigeki junkie is offline
Member
 
jidaigeki junkie's Avatar
 
Sep 2016
57
647
178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIKANA View Post
Thank you. 😊 the pictures are wounderful. Thanks for takeing the time to do this

RI

RI
No problem Rikana.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 01:34 PM   #7112
Jr7936 Jr7936 is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jr7936's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
44
1299
167
49
243
Default

The size reminds me of the uk limited ghost in the shell sac set
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:03 PM   #7113
jidaigeki junkie jidaigeki junkie is offline
Member
 
jidaigeki junkie's Avatar
 
Sep 2016
57
647
178
Default

@JR7936: It's even bigger than that GITS SAC set! I have that one too. The Eva one doesn't fit on any of my shelves whereas the GITS ones do, I have it alongside my Ghost in the shell books including the Readme book and various anime artbooks.

It was Anime Limited who put out the GITS SAC set as well. They do have a penchant for doing that with "bigger" titles they know are going to sell well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:14 PM   #7114
v_i v_i is offline
Active Member
 
v_i's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
Planar Space
8
274
386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jidaigeki junkie View Post
@JR7936: It's even bigger than that GITS SAC set! I have that one too. The Eva one doesn't fit on any of my shelves whereas the GITS ones do, I have it alongside my Ghost in the shell books including the Readme book and various anime artbooks.

It was Anime Limited who put out the GITS SAC set as well. They do have a penchant for doing that with "bigger" titles they know are going to sell well.
Wasn't GitS:SAC from MangaUK? They own they rights in perpetuity, and my standard edition is from them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:20 PM   #7115
jidaigeki junkie jidaigeki junkie is offline
Member
 
jidaigeki junkie's Avatar
 
Sep 2016
57
647
178
Default

Yes that's right, technically it was Manga UK however Anime Limited were involved with it. Can't remember the exact details but they might have distributed it for them or something. The J-card sticker on the back with the plot synopsis and technical details is an AL style one. That along with the mega-box and included goodies made me misremember it as an AL release.

Anyway to all who ordered it: hope you get yours soon and that it arrives safely with no damage. Think I might start my rewatch of the series this weekend!

Last edited by jidaigeki junkie; 01-20-2022 at 02:34 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 03:33 PM   #7116
gloomranger gloomranger is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
gloomranger's Avatar
 
Jan 2020
Indianapolis, IN.
110
787
103
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jol View Post
Are the NA and UK UE versions the same size?
Yes. Anime Limited, GKIDS, and Madman Entertainment partnered up to bring Neon Genesis Evangelion to their respective countries in three different releases. Everything will be relatively the same packaging wise.

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lionel Horsepackage (01-20-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 05:05 PM   #7117
Ikari Ikari is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderNagisa View Post
Got a reply from ATA,
They've offered to replace all my scratched classic discs and also Disc 5 (missing the special feature subs), didn't even ask me to send anything back, so that's nice. Here's hoping the new ones arrive safely.
They told me only some disc 5 have issues, but this seems odd as the subs missing means there's a problem with the data and it's not some sort of a pressing issue...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:04 PM   #7118
professorwho professorwho is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
professorwho's Avatar
 
Apr 2017
102
645
63
7
Default



Today is the day of replacement discs for me, lol
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bobo1313 (01-21-2022), gloomranger (01-20-2022), Gorgon (01-21-2022), Kyle15 (01-21-2022), NLScavenger (01-20-2022), shadowdrive (01-20-2022), Tylerfan (01-20-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 08:38 PM   #7119
Gorgon Gorgon is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Gorgon's Avatar
 
Jun 2015
Great White North
32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritMeAway View Post
I would love to know some of the column/row headings y'all use for your trackers - always curious to know how folks organize things like this! I've been sporadically updating Libib for a few years but would like something a little more permanent.
Good Afternoon SpiritMeAway;

I thought I'd take a hot moment and respond to your query on what Column Titles I provide to my Spreadsheet for tracking my Films/Shows;

- Title: self evident, alphabetical order, but I also would suggest writing out Numbered Titles in full (i.e. 2001: A Space Odyssey as "Two-Thousand and One") also, I add if "I" or "II" or "III" etc, for sequels.
- Year: comes in handy for re-used titles
- Format: (i.e. Blu or DVD)
- Region: (i.e. NTSC or PAL or ALL)
- Release: (i.e. "Single" or "Series" or "Sequel") If it is the 1st film of a sequel run I still use the word sequel to describe it here.
- Box Style: this gets tricky but I use;
- "Single" = a simple amaray or scanavo (with or without an O-slip)
- "Combo" = more than one film in package (i.e. Audrey Hepburn collection)
- "Set" = a complete "Series" (or say, with Anime, a full year/Season run)
- "Special" = a unique slip-case/packaging (i.e. a Premium edition, Lmtd ed, Collector's ed, etc)
- "Steel" = SteelBook (if a bare Steel, not a Premium with a Steel)

- Film / TV: pretty self evident
- Genre: (i.e. Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Drama, Anime, etc) I know Anime is not a 'genre' but this column serves to quickly identify it)
- Comments: if it was a "Special" under 'Box Style' I elaborate on that here (i.e. Film Arena; Lenti slip-cased Steel) also, I'll provide details on release such as Company, if 3D or 4K, Asian/Russian/French etc, and a quick sentence on plot. Also, if it is a 'collection' I'll use the "add a comment" feature that opens a bubble in which I can list all the titles in a combo set.
- Rating: my own, not RT or IMDB, 1-5 Stars
- Rare: if it is a rare release (i.e. Legend of Galactic Heroes) it gets noted.

I also 'Freeze' and 'Colour' my category Tile Bar, for scrolling purposes.

Finally, I at least once a week, back-up my Spreadsheet by doing a copy/paste to an external SSD hard-drive in case my computer ever dies.

So, I hope that helps you design something that suits my friend.
Cheers!

Last edited by Gorgon; 01-20-2022 at 10:29 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:21 PM   #7120
e_d e_d is offline
Special Member
 
Apr 2017
Online
Default

Looks like us ultimate edition buyers have to wait longer for replacement discs. Support said they'll be ready next month.

https://gkids.com/ultimate-edition-d...ement-program/
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Tags
anime, evangelion, genesis, neon

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:36 PM.