Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Robin Hood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Bumblebee 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

BlacKkKlansman 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.95
42 min ago
Mary Queen of Scots 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
13 hrs ago
Skyscraper 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Mission: Impossible - Fallout 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.90

Creed 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.16

Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 11-26-2018, 03:30 AM   #861
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Don't worry. I thought the same thing.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:32 AM   #862
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2016

I normally try to wait until I’ve finished a movie to post but I just popped this in and what’s up with that banding in the opening scene with the submersible? Never seen anything that bad in a UHD. Everything above water looks great so far.

Edit: Well, not sure I'll ever finish this one. Got 30 minutes into it and decided to watch something else. Outside of that nasty banding in the opening it looks and sounds great, though!

Last edited by bradnoyes; 11-26-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 08:21 PM   #863
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
Whoa. No need to get all defensive. No one was confused. It was a simple question if your name changed as I could have believed it was always Rider. You know, like the Mandela Effect.
Jayman, not defensive at all -- it's a running gag with my friends, people always get my name wrong. It's been going on since I was in Little League. My friends like kidding me and busting my balls about it. I think I'm going to start using more emoticons because people can't see you grinning and laughing on the other side of the screen in the interwebs.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:59 PM   #864
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnoyes View Post
I normally try to wait until Iíve finished a movie to post but I just popped this in and whatís up with that banding in the opening scene with the submersible? Never seen anything that bad in a UHD. Everything above water looks great so far.

Edit: Well, not sure I'll ever finish this one. Got 30 minutes into it and decided to watch something else. Outside of that nasty banding in the opening it looks and sounds great, though!
Iím always on the lookout for banding and can assure I didnít experience none whatsoever. This was in DV by the way.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:02 PM   #865
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2016

That's interesting. I did a quick search in the thread and some other folks with fairly different setups also saw the banding. I wonder why it's there for some and not for others. Sometimes I get bad banding if I don't do the "order of operations" right when firing up my system, so I honestly thought I must have turned on my devices in the wrong order because it was so bad. I think it was Velvet who mentioned that he saw it on the UHD but not the BD, so I might have to check the BD later to see if I have it there too.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:50 PM   #866
Expert Member

Apr 2018

Blind buy. Great a/v but what a dumb story. Hard to get excited for the next one.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:28 PM   #867
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2016

Had some time to kill this morning so I popped in the BD and watched the opening scene. Didn't see any banding. Maybe some very slight traces but nothing compared to the well defined ribbons on the UHD. I also watched the rest of the UHD, and aside from the banding (and my personal feelings about the movie itself) it really is an outstanding UHD. As for the movie, now that we're nearing the end of 2018 I can at least say it wasn't the worst movie I saw this year.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:28 AM   #868
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnoyes View Post
Had some time to kill this morning so I popped in the BD and watched the opening scene. Didn't see any banding. Maybe some very slight traces but nothing compared to the well defined ribbons on the UHD. I also watched the rest of the UHD, and aside from the banding (and my personal feelings about the movie itself) it really is an outstanding UHD. As for the movie, now that we're nearing the end of 2018 I can at least say it wasn't the worst movie I saw this year.
Yeah the banding is only there in the opening underwater scene. The rest of the UHD looks freaking amazing.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:58 AM   #869

Dec 2012
UT

Picked this up in the steelbook earlier today. Couldn't stand the picture on the regular issue case so I paid the extra $5. It's a pretty good movie. I'd like to have the option of an alternate soundtrack minus the choir music. Seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to do.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:14 AM   #870
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2007
Tucson, Az USA

I too wasn’t a fan of the cover at all. However, when Walmart had the 4K UHD for $8.96 it was a no brainer. Ugly cover and all.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:41 AM   #871
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Neon blue raptor ain't really any better.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:05 AM   #872
Banned

Oct 2018

Theres a lot of cool different steelbook covers going around for it, though some are european
Old 01-12-2019, 08:53 PM   #873

Jan 2019
Sweden

Just saw this one. It was alright but not as good as Jurassic World. PQ was good but did not wow me as much as the first one, probably because it wasn't as visually interesting. It felt like most of the film took place indoors while the first one had all these beautiful sceneries.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies