Best Anime Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Cowboy Bebop: 25th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$63.74
5 hrs ago
Spy x Family: Season One - Part One (Blu-ray)
$45.99
 
To Love Ru: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99
1 day ago
My Senpai Is Annoying (Blu-ray)
$45.99
 
Violet Evergarden: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$46.47
 
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? - Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$71.60
23 hrs ago
Mieruko-chan: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$63.74
 
Violet Evergarden: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
One-Punch Man: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.96
 
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These - Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$46.21
 
Darkstalkers: The Complete OVA Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.39
 
One Piece: Collection 31 (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2022, 03:30 PM   #10121
nagpo nagpo is offline
Special Member
 
nagpo's Avatar
 
Jun 2017
Default

The only good thing that came out of DBE was that James Marsters felt so bad about it that he redeemed himself in the Dragon Ball Super Dub.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Gowho (09-02-2022), mikezilla2 (09-02-2022), sagadego (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 11:01 PM   #10122
Gowho Gowho is offline
Active Member
 
Gowho's Avatar
 
Jul 2022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagpo View Post
The only good thing that came out of DBE was that James Marsters felt so bad about it that he redeemed himself in the Dragon Ball Super Dub.
This and that Toriyama started caring about his own IP again.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
BuraddoRun (09-03-2022), mikezilla2 (09-02-2022), Roonan (09-06-2022), sagadego (09-03-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 04:40 PM   #10123
voltagejim voltagejim is offline
Member
 
Mar 2013
Default

Any word if Dragonball Super is getting bigger bluray box set or if dragonball kai buu saga is as well? I have held off on getting them in the hopes of box sets with more episodes on them to cut down on the number I would have to buy
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 06:12 PM   #10124
Gowho Gowho is offline
Active Member
 
Gowho's Avatar
 
Jul 2022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltagejim View Post
Any word if Dragonball Super is getting bigger bluray box set or if dragonball kai buu saga is as well? I have held off on getting them in the hopes of box sets with more episodes on them to cut down on the number I would have to buy
I wouldn't count on Kai getting any since those Buu sets were big enough as is.

As for Super, probably not for a while thanks to that steelbook box set.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (09-05-2022), ps3bd_owner (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 12:07 PM   #10125
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltagejim View Post
Any word if Dragonball Super is getting bigger bluray box set or if dragonball kai buu saga is as well? I have held off on getting them in the hopes of box sets with more episodes on them to cut down on the number I would have to buy
Madman (BD Region B) released a complete boxset of Kai and Kai TFC, but that was it for an English-speaking distributor.

I never bothered buying that butchered series although I did purchase the soundtrack via iTunes France. It sounds like the score of a game rather than an anime series.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 12:12 PM   #10126
mikezilla2 mikezilla2 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Feb 2011
242
1624
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Madman (BD Region B) released a complete boxset of Kai and Kai TFC, but that was it for an English-speaking distributor.

I never bothered buying that butchered series although I did purchase the soundtrack via iTunes France. It sounds like the score of a game rather than an anime series.
there Was more than One score for Kai on the Blu rays ....
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 04:35 PM   #10127
GeoffOliver GeoffOliver is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
GeoffOliver's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
Atlanta GA
93
1066
409
Default

I also don’t expect Super to get another reissue for a long while. FUNimation/Crunchyroll seems less interested in bigger Dragon Ball sets than their UK and Australian counterparts. The complete boxsets for DB/Z are Wal-Mart, FYE, or Amazon exclusives. The movies are still stuck with the old double features on Blu-ray (they have collections on DVD, but the complete box was an FYE exclusive IIRC). Kai still has the old 26 episode sets at the largest. Even that Super steelbook collection is a high-dollar limited set, and it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the only time they release larger sets (not counting that Walmart exclusive Vols. 1-3 bundle with the figure). I guess they’re just milking the franchise on purpose.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (09-06-2022)
Old 09-07-2022, 11:11 AM   #10128
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
there Was more than One score for Kai on the Blu rays ....
I meant Kai TFC, specifically. Sorry.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (09-07-2022)
Old 09-08-2022, 09:58 PM   #10129
Trachta10 Trachta10 is offline
Member
 
Jan 2021
Default

4K scan of DBZ movie 4:3










  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DoubleGulpShrimp (09-12-2022), Nitroboy (09-09-2022)
Old 09-08-2022, 11:01 PM   #10130
gloomranger gloomranger is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
gloomranger's Avatar
 
Jan 2020
Indianapolis, IN.
110
788
103
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachta10 View Post
4K scan of DBZ movie 4:3

[Show spoiler]








Looks good. It’s just a shame the other two film reels are missing.

Source
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (09-08-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 03:26 AM   #10131
Nori Nori is offline
Power Member
 
Jul 2016
1
Default

I've always said this had also been screened in 4:3 in theaters. I was lucky enough to see Ultimate Fusion and Dragon Bakuhatsu back in 1995 in theaters and recall it being this way. I get the argument they were meant to be seen in 16:9 but I don't agree with it. They were made to accommodate 16:9 but also made to be seen in 4:3 (both in some theatrical showings and on VHS).

In principle from a good scan and good restoration they can look good in both formats but I would love for Crunchyroll to actually convince Toei to let them do their own release and to see them do all the films in 4:3 again. Until then I'm holding on to the DVD's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:40 AM   #10132
SpaceBlackKnight SpaceBlackKnight is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SpaceBlackKnight's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
25
346
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori View Post
I've always said this had also been screened in 4:3 in theaters. I was lucky enough to see Ultimate Fusion and Dragon Bakuhatsu back in 1995 in theaters and recall it being this way. I get the argument they were meant to be seen in 16:9 but I don't agree with it. They were made to accommodate 16:9 but also made to be seen in 4:3 (both in some theatrical showings and on VHS).

In principle from a good scan and good restoration they can look good in both formats but I would love for Crunchyroll to actually convince Toei to let them do their own release and to see them do all the films in 4:3 again. Until then I'm holding on to the DVD's.
All of Toei's non-anamorphic features were designed for 1.75 (as this was the ratio the animation festivals requested submissions to be in and screened them that way). Some theaters in Japan still showed 1.37 as late as 2002, but for anamorphic and hard matted flat widescreen stuff they would ether be severely cropped or squeezed for the old 1.37 frame.

Toei and Funiroll go hand to hand in terms of "remastering" content "in HD". Sure DBZ got degrained and cropped and all, but at least Funi had HD scans to work from. DBZ could've had lazy upscales from digibetas like Toei have did with their recent "HD remasters" of the DB, Z, and GT series. Luckily, Toei did proper 4k scans from the OCNs of the specials and movies, warts and all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 12:51 AM   #10133
Givemebackmygrain Givemebackmygrain is offline
Member
 
Aug 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachta10 View Post
4K scan of DBZ movie 4:3











OH MY ****ING GOD


No more DENAIL can be had.
No more COPE
No MORE CRYING

This the REAL DEAL! Those glorious Kineko chads are saving this fandom from collective brain rot. Toe and ESPECIALLY FUNI are garbage scam artist.

This destroys the Dragon Boxes!
This annihilates the Level Sets!
This doesn't even register the 30th set as even existing in the same galaxy!

Anybody still defending those sets as just "not that bad" NEEDS TO SIT THE **** DOWN The proof is here for everyone to see. These CLOWNS have been BURIED BY PURE TRUTH!

I TRIED TO TELL EVERYONE BUT THEY WOULDN'T LISTEN They wanted to live in their own fanatsy lala land where the 30th anniversary set was a wise purchasing decision? LMAO

Once again my friends reality catches up fast and hits HARD! Make sure you remember that next time when you go to bat for a scam product.

Glory to the people making a difference in this god forsaken fandom.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 12:57 AM   #10134
Dragon78 Dragon78 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jan 2019
Default

Any news/rumors that they will be releasing all the DBZ movies on one blu ray collection?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 01:44 AM   #10135
BigOnAnime BigOnAnime is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
BigOnAnime's Avatar
 
Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA
8
532
625
Default

Spoiler tags and the delete keys are your friends when quoting posts with lots of images.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
Any news/rumors that they will be releasing all the DBZ movies on one blu ray collection?
No, and I seriously doubt they'll do it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 02:06 AM   #10136
nickg nickg is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2019
Default

Y'all need to touch grass. Stg
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Gowho (09-12-2022), sagadego (09-12-2022), TravisTylerBlack (09-17-2022)
Old 09-12-2022, 02:37 AM   #10137
Glorian Glorian is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givemebackmygrain View Post
OH MY ****ING GOD


No more DENAIL can be had.
No more COPE
No MORE CRYING

This the REAL DEAL! Those glorious Kineko chads are saving this fandom from collective brain rot. Toe and ESPECIALLY FUNI are garbage scam artist.

This destroys the Dragon Boxes!
This annihilates the Level Sets!
This doesn't even register the 30th set as even existing in the same galaxy!

Anybody still defending those sets as just "not that bad" NEEDS TO SIT THE **** DOWN The proof is here for everyone to see. These CLOWNS have been BURIED BY PURE TRUTH!

I TRIED TO TELL EVERYONE BUT THEY WOULDN'T LISTEN They wanted to live in their own fanatsy lala land where the 30th anniversary set was a wise purchasing decision? LMAO

Once again my friends reality catches up fast and hits HARD! Make sure you remember that next time when you go to bat for a scam product.

Glory to the people making a difference in this god forsaken fandom.
It's possible for something to still be decent, even when something else looks better. Especially when that something isn't available for sale. All you're proving here is how over the top unreasonable you are. Yet another one of your insulting hyper-focused troll posts you've been called out on before; you just can't help yourself, can you? Keep on trollin', buddy.

Last edited by Glorian; 09-12-2022 at 02:42 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
sagadego (09-12-2022)
Old 09-12-2022, 03:46 AM   #10138
gloomranger gloomranger is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
gloomranger's Avatar
 
Jan 2020
Indianapolis, IN.
110
788
103
11
Default

https://twitter.com/kinekovideo/stat...siVq9NKAbhzZ0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kineko Video
Lost the battle, but not the war. Grab this as soon as you can!

archive.org/details/dbz-m9
https://twitter.com/kinekovideo/stat...siVq9NKAbhzZ0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kineko Video
We would like to address some important notes regarding this situation though, please read. This is not just about this but our thoughts in general.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Mike0284 (09-12-2022), mikezilla2 (09-12-2022)
Old 09-12-2022, 04:40 AM   #10139
DoubleGulpShrimp DoubleGulpShrimp is offline
Active Member
 
DoubleGulpShrimp's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
7
1
Default

Very Cool. Reminds me of the History of Trunks 4k. I'm just glad I downloaded that one before the torrent died.






Last edited by DoubleGulpShrimp; 09-12-2022 at 05:06 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 05:26 AM   #10140
SpaceBlackKnight SpaceBlackKnight is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SpaceBlackKnight's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
25
346
20
Default

Wish Toei did the series like the specials/films and the scan of movie 9. Instead they went the "HD Remastering" route of having Q-Tec upconvert and smear the 480i digibetas for DB, Z, and GT.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Dragon Ball Z Season 1-9 in Blu-ray!! Wish Lists tabikakasun 21 07-03-2020 02:41 AM
Dragon ball kai blu-ray Asia Luka 24 05-23-2011 04:52 PM
Dragon Ball Z Blu-ray??? Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology JBowen 2 12-22-2007 08:20 PM
Dragon Ball Z Blu-ray Blu-ray Movies - North America DealsR4theDevil 11 10-23-2007 08:23 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:52 AM.