Best SteelBook Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99
22 hrs ago
The Fog (Blu-ray)
$16.88
11 hrs ago
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.67

Big Trouble in Little China (Blu-ray)
$26.17

No Game, No Life / No Game, No Life: Zero (Blu-ray)
$66.67

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$53.27

Ultra Q: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Mothra (Blu-ray)
$11.89

Lonesome Dove (Blu-ray)
$15.66

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries

Old 10-19-2014, 05:41 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2014
Australia
Default What is or was your most damaged steelbook?

Mine would have to be my old Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen steel, the spine came apart as soon as I took off the plastic wrapping.

I also have a Chronicles of Riddick steel that has like 3 dents on the back and the paint has chipped but it's not too bad.

How about you guys?

Old 10-19-2014, 06:15 AM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...

Dang, if I had a ripped spine on any of mine, I'd be ticked.

By far, I think the worst damage I've had is when I got Zodiac from Amazon for $10.50, but it had a couple of noticeable dimples on the surface.

Or, if you count video games, I found that my PS3 copy of Star Wars: Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition is, like, all out of whack because the front cover is bent slightly in one way and it doesn't align as well when closing. That's the one that bothers me the most; I bent my wookie...
Old 10-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Ol' Harlem, Not New Harlem

Safe House from Amazon UK. Has a big slash/dent on the front of it. It was my 1st international shipment & I didn't know what to do so I just kept it. I would have bought the version Best Buy had out last year to replace it, but the title wasn't embossed like the UK version. I'll probably post a pick of it later.

Edit:
Inside

Outside

Last edited by jd_from_da_80s; 10-22-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #4

Jan 2008
IA

I have 2. The Hunger Games Catching Fire (movie title on the spine fell off, so it's blank) and TDKR has a dent on the back.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:17 AM   #5
Power Member

Oct 2013
UK

My most damaged Steelbooks are The Exorcist (completely bent at the bottom) and Requiem for a Dream (dents on the front). Both from Amazon ca. Still, that doesn't stop me buying from them.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #6

May 2010

My total wreck is THE GRANDMASTER steel, which I brought from AMAZON FRANCE. AMAZON FRANCE will only send me a replacement if I send them the damage steel back for them to inspect. I did not do so as I find it so troublesome, and so there is no replacement for me.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #7

Nov 2012
South Florida

G.I. Joe Retaliation (Before they started re-printing it for Best Buy) ordered off Amazon.. came and it was BEAT TO HECK.. an entire corner smashed, 1/4 down the steel was as massive bend... i promptly returned it and left a terrible review for my packaging feedback.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:58 AM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
USA
Send a message via Skype™ to Kellz

My Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief came nearly bent in half from Zavvi. That's the only one i've ever received damaged. i've been pretty fortunate
Old 01-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #9
Expert Member

Nov 2012
Almost Heaven, WV

I bought a copy of Book of Eli way back during Best Buy's upgrade & save days. Underneath the J-Card was a quarter sized dent. I probably would have been mad had I paid more than $5 for it.

Most of mine, I've been able to pick out in stores. Knock on wood, the only ones I've ordered online have all showed up in very good condition.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:23 AM   #10

Oct 2013

Tiny ding on Apocolypse Now and Captain America TWS has a spine slash and loose spine.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:53 PM   #11
Power Member

Feb 2015
Handcuffed to Chris Evans

I can't post images yet as I'm a new member, but I have a War of the Worlds with a huge, disgusting dent at the front and a ripped spine halfway through
Old 02-24-2015, 06:47 PM   #12
Power Member

Aug 2013
Detroit suburbs, USA

I own two: Ender's Game and Big Hero 6. Neither of them are damaged whatsoever. Go me.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:54 PM   #13

May 2013
Wales

All You Need is Kill (Edge of Tomorrow) was the worst one I received.

It came from Amazon Japan and there was a pretty decent dent on the front, 2 smaller ones at the back and the top edge of the steelbook had a pretty bad bend.

In all fairness, I contacted Amazon JP and they were just like "We know the cost of sending it back would be too high, so we'll just send you another copy and you can throw the damaged one out".

The only thing was they sent the replacement out in the same kind of packaging, so the risk of it getting damaged was just as high as the first one, thankfully it got to me in perfect condition.

I ended up selling the damaged one on eBay for a lot less than I bought it, of course showing the damage in the photos and letting the buyer know it was badly damaged.

The worst one that I actually own right now is The Full Monty, it's not that bad but it has a bit of a dent along the top edge. I've been pretty lucky with the rest of the Steelbooks I own.

Last edited by N2K7; 02-24-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:58 AM   #14

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalCrimson View Post
I can't post images yet as I'm a new member, but I have a War of the Worlds with a huge, disgusting dent at the front and a ripped spine halfway through
Its funny cause the only steelbook I own that is dented is War of the Worlds. The dent just so happens to be in the dead center of the front.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:38 AM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

A Watchmen was delivered from BestBuy.com all bent to hell. Since it was a common steelbook, they were able to send me a new one without any problems. I also received a Noah that was damaged but not quite as bad as Watchmen, but I was able to swap it out with another one in the store before they sold out.

And... I just discovered that my cherished Batman: The Dark Knight Returns has a spine slash. Didn't notice it for the longest time since it was directly on one of the letters.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:47 AM   #16

Nov 2016

Definitely my two copies of Jaws, can't remember if they were from Amazon.co.uk or another UK retailer, but I couldn't be bothered to try for another copy. Second up is MI:2, as I had a cheap Ikea shelf fall apart and crush it.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:43 AM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

i've got iron man 1 dvd which has a massive dent in the back.

my skyfall steel has a spine slash.

other than that, it's not been too bad.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:24 AM   #18

Aug 2016

My Artificial Intelligence steel book. When I got it the steel book had a slight gradual curvature to it, no dents, but it was still very annoying. It was fairly difficult to see the curvature when the steel book was by itself, but when it was stacked up next to another steel book you could see a small space between the two steel books that shouldn't be there. Zavvi dragged their feet in giving me a refund, and I didn't have the time or energy to fight them over it. So one day I decided to take off the steel covers and try to fix it. That didn't work. So after I put it back together, as a last resort I tried to just bend it back into a straight position - and it worked!!! Unfortunately I caused a couple of dents in doing so, but it worked out much better than I thought it would.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries