Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Saw: The Final Chapter 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.86
16 hrs ago
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Those Redheads from Seattle 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.35
23 hrs ago
Goosebumps 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.25
23 hrs ago
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.11
20 hrs ago
Prototype 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.04
37 min ago
Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.58

Drive Angry 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.74
23 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 02-11-2020, 02:33 PM   #61

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Why post this? No 3D, no point in a thread.
Maybe, pal ....i'm just looking for either: someone to give me a reason why Paramount chose not to go the Real 3D, Imax3D route..or i just need some consoling now
*sad emoji*
Old 02-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #62

Feb 2015
London, England

It's actually a massive shame Paramount did not have Sonic the Hedgehog converted to 3D because it's chock full of scenes that seem tailor made for 3D. It would be an instant buy for me in 3D. I guess they blew their budget on redoing the special effects...
Old 02-11-2020, 06:00 PM   #63

Mar 2019

Spongebob will be in 3D... Is there any other movie from Paramount in 2020 for a 3D cinema release?

Did they stop converting in 3D for the cinema?
Old 02-11-2020, 09:26 PM   #64

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by xootoo View Post
Spongebob will be in 3D... Is there any other movie from Paramount in 2020 for a 3D cinema release?

Did they stop converting in 3D for the cinema?
Pretty much, yes.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:44 AM   #65

Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
It's actually a massive shame Paramount did not have Sonic the Hedgehog converted to 3D because it's chock full of scenes that seem tailor made for 3D. It would be an instant buy for me in 3D. I guess they blew their budget on redoing the special effects...
Pretty sure part of the reason was because of them having to redo the cgi for every single scene in the movie in less than five months. Iím guessing had the sonic redesign not happened we would have been much more likely to have gotten a 3d conversion.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:50 PM   #66
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instacredit View Post
Pretty sure part of the reason was because of them having to redo the cgi for every single scene in the movie in less than five months. Iím guessing had the sonic redesign not happened we would have been much more likely to have gotten a 3d conversion.
To be fair we don't know how far along they were with regards to VFX when that first teaser came out. I doubt they'd finished every single scene in the movie.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:22 PM   #67
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Since this movie was never in 3D or even intended to be, the No 3D no sale wont apply, itís an easy day 1 purchase.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:15 PM   #68

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
Since this movie was never in 3D or even intended to be, the No 3D no sale wont apply, itís an easy day 1 purchase.
I don't buy 2D movies on day 1 but I agree, no point boycotting it on the basis that the home release is missing an entire dimension compared to the theatrical release. Unlike Mission: Impossible Fallout, which I picked up super-cheap from a charity shop recently. No money for Paramount from me for that purchase.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:17 AM   #69
Banned

Feb 2020

You need to write a letter to paramount and the other studios against stopping 3d Blu ray videos, the more power in numbers the more the pressures as far a paramount classic 3D films ,the 3d archive have been restoring them and putting them out on Blu -ray from Kino Lorber and probably will also restore the flight of tangier and when the rights of Jerry Lewis 3d classic ,Money from homes rights expire from olive production Bob will be able to grab it and restore that too .There is a demand for 3d home entertainment and it's profitable ,but thank to deregulation encouraging business to limit choice for consumers ,so they can keep more in their pocket .If motion picture biz felt that they could save more money by producing silent film they take sound of this why they need to be pressured in serve the fans of home 3d.Already Mexico's first 3D film was premiered yesterday at the forum and it will be available on Blu ray April 7th from amazon view. March the 24 from flicker Alley's view .Then Taza Son of Cochise and The wings of the hawk are goin to be released in the near future
Old 02-28-2020, 08:56 PM   #70

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAN36 View Post
You need to write a letter to paramount and the other studios against stopping 3d Blu ray videos, the more power in numbers the more the pressures as far a paramount classic 3D films
I agree about writing a LETTER not e-mail to Paramount. Large numbers of letters may turn this around.

I wrote one several months back and got a polite, "Thank-You" for writing and 3D no longer fits our business model
Old 02-28-2020, 09:01 PM   #71
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhvsfan View Post
I agree about writing a LETTER not e-mail to Paramount. Large numbers of letters may turn this around.

I wrote one several months back and got a polite, "Thank-You" for writing and 3D no longer fits our business model
If the reason is "no longer fits their business model" then maybe they could look into MOD (manufactured on demand either pressed or BD-R) if it's mentioned on the letters.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion