Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Death Stranding (PS4)
$29.99

WWE 2K20 (PS4)
$40.00

WWE 2K20 (PS4)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
NBA 2K20 (PS4)
$24.99
8 hrs ago
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4)
$14.99
21 hrs ago
Sniper: Ghost Warrior - Contracts (PS4)
$24.99

Dreams (PS4)
$37.00
4 hrs ago
MediEvil (PS4)
$19.99

Monster Hunter World: Iceborn (PS4)
$36.98

AO Tennis 2 (PS4)
$29.99

Journey to the Savage Planet (PS4)
$19.99

Rage 2 (PS4)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 03-04-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2012
NJ
Default Star Wars: Project Maverick

Quote:
Well, it looks like a new Star Wars game of some sort might be arriving sooner rather than later. An unannounced project seemingly called "Star Wars: Project Maverick" has surfaced online thanks to the PlayStation Network, and while details are sparse, there is an title card for the thing which features at least one definitive image: a Star Destroyer with several X-wing starfighters flying towards it.

Notably, this is the same method in which both the Final Fantasy VII Remake demo and Resident Evil 3 remake were revealed. Listings and images cropped up on the PlayStation Network prior to the official announcements of both. Contrary to those leaks, however, this new Star Wars game seemingly has no definitive event on which to hook its announcement. That doesn't mean it isn't real; it just means that it's unclear when, or if, it will be confirmed. (Source)
Old 03-04-2020, 04:07 PM   #2
Special Member

Aug 2017

I don't know, that title just sounds out of place for both this universe, as well as for a full fledged game. Sounds more like a teaser of a teaser kind of ridiculous marketing. But, it's Disney, so who knows... Any chance it's just impending DLC for Fallen Order?
Old 03-05-2020, 06:06 AM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

EA wants 1 Star Wars game to release this year after their 3rd SW game got canned. Bunch of money thrown away. What a waste.

I have little interest in anything EA has to offer us with future SW games. I think LEGO Star Wars from WB will be good.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (03-07-2020)
Old 03-07-2020, 02:14 AM   #4
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
EA wants 1 Star Wars game to release this year after their 3rd SW game got canned. Bunch of money thrown away. What a waste.

I have little interest in anything EA has to offer us with future SW games. I think LEGO Star Wars from WB will be good.
Yeah, good point. EA spends lots of money to get a project going, and then bail out when it's not done fast enough.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:00 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicBD View Post
I don't know, that title just sounds out of place for both this universe, as well as for a full fledged game. Sounds more like a teaser of a teaser kind of ridiculous marketing. But, it's Disney, so who knows... Any chance it's just impending DLC for Fallen Order?
That's just a project title. Like the High Republic's project title being "Project Luminous". Even the films have project titles. Return of the Jedi's project title was Blue Harvest for example.

But we can probably infer something from the project title. Project Luminous is about the High Republic which was a luminous time for the Republic and Jedi. Since this is called Project Maverick its might be about a fighter pilot. Think Maverick from Top Gun.

Last edited by Cook; 03-09-2020 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:53 PM   #6
Special Member

Aug 2017

If you're referring to working titles, I've never known of a film to use their working title for advertising. In fact, oftentimes working titles are specifically selected to maintain project secrecy. I never heard that Return's working title was Blue Harvest, thanks. I knew that it was originally to be called Revenge of... instead of Return of... though. The title made me think of Top Gun too, but I can't imagine the connection; unless Disney is about to buy Paramount too.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4