Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
The Mask of Zorro 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
7 hrs ago
Top Gun 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Bloodshot 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Frozen II 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Shutter Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.68
16 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Spider-Man: Far from Home 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.67
32 min ago
Arrival 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Starship Troopers 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.94

VFW 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 03-12-2020, 04:22 AM   #61
Expert Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by farerb View Post
If it hadn't been successful, Disney wouldn't have bothered with a remake, at least not theatrically. It got a remake, it gets a 4K release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoejunter View Post
To cash in on the remake which is out very soon.
I know Mulan didn't tank. But it still didn't do that well. I'm surprised Disney's cashing in on it this way. Dumbo, while I understand it didn't get a 4k, it didn't even get a steelbook or re-release or anything. and that movie does substantially better than Mulan by most standards.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:56 PM   #62

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by farerb View Post
They won't use it. They'll reissue the standard edition.
The DMC exclusive version of Mulan is the same disc but with Mulan 2 and its corresponding bonus features removed from it. I see no reason why they couldn't use it for this release if they already have it ready to go. Disney has already been pressing new blu-ray discs for these releases just to change the trailers that play at the start. I'm fairly certain that whether Mulan 2 is included or not, that it will be a new disc with the remake's trailer on it.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:21 PM   #63
Special Member

Oct 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeakyboots View Post
The DMC exclusive version of Mulan is the same disc but with Mulan 2 and its corresponding bonus features removed from it. I see no reason why they couldn't use it for this release if they already have it ready to go. Disney has already been pressing new blu-ray discs for these releases just to change the trailers that play at the start. I'm fairly certain that whether Mulan 2 is included or not, that it will be a new disc with the remake's trailer on it.
Mmm.... Seriously who cares? If you want to watch the crappy sequel just buy the Blu-ray. If you want to watch the remake's trailer just watch it on YouTube. This is not what this release is about.

Last edited by farerb; 03-12-2020 at 06:26 PM.
Thanks given by:
jFug (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 08:51 PM   #64
Special Member

Jul 2018

I'm almost certain this is coming, but we'll probably have new bland artwork as per the other Disney UHDs instead of that fan mock cover using poster art passed as an official source.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:46 PM   #65

Jun 2019

Mulan may not have done great at box office, but it's a film that developed a following in the years after. Same with Hunchback, Hercules and Atlantis. The generation that grew up with these late (or maybe post?) renaissance era films have fond memories, even if they weren't as well regarded as Lion King, Aladdin, etc...

Granted, this may just be anecdotal, but the amount of people in my age group (late 20s-early 30s) that know every word to "Make a Man Out of You," may be surprising to some.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies