Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.99

The Mask of Zorro 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
6 hrs ago
Top Gun 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Thir13en Ghosts (Blu-ray)
$24.96
18 hrs ago
Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Come and See (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Father of the Bride / Father of the Bride Part II (Blu-ray)
$12.96
13 hrs ago
The Barbara Stanwyck Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Bloodshot (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Bloodshot 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Friday Night Lights: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$35.08
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old Today, 11:37 AM   #33641
Expert Member

Jan 2014
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacenoid1 View Post
Don't know where you're getting that quote from, just made it up? It'll be as limited as the rest of their releases I. E. Not very.
Quote:
This special limited edition 3D Lenticular (front) and Holographic (back) slipcover (designed by Earl Kess and based on the iconic original poster artwork) is strictly limited and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com! We will not be repressing this release in any format once it sells out.
It's literally in the second paragraph of the product listing on the VS site.

Last edited by defile959; Today at 11:44 AM.
Thanks given by:
grrrarg (Today)
Old Today, 11:57 AM   #33642

Oct 2012

Quote:
"We will not be repressing this release in any format once it sells out." So I guess this means the movie is never going to get a wide release?! Wow. Brutal for the people who miss it on the Vinegar Syndrome site!!
Is it a rights issue ? I do not understand why VS would not exploit the apparent popularity of the movie...
Old Today, 11:59 AM   #33643
Expert Member

Jan 2014
Austin, TX

It's most likely part of their agreement with the rights holder who, if I'm remembering correctly, has already discussed plans for theatrical engagements and a digital release. I know that one of the VS insiders mentioned here that their agreement stipulated that the release had to be a 4K combo. It's possible they had some other requirements to adhere to on this release.
Old Today, 12:25 PM   #33644

Jun 2018

L. E. of 10,000?
Old Today, 12:25 PM   #33645
Expert Member

Dec 2017
Mausoleum

I've never seen RAD so no nostalgia associated with it, but I still want to check it out since everyone is raving about it and looks like something I would enjoy... also want to do the secret pre-order since I will probably end up buying those titles anyways.. and maybe grab the forgotten gialli set while I'm at it.

Still debating if I pull the trigger now or wait. Any word on if we will have any VSAs during the halfway sale?
Old Today, 12:31 PM   #33646
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsalou View Post
Still debating if I pull the trigger now or wait. Any word on if we will have any VSAs during the halfway sale?
I'd be surprised if we didn't. Going by history, all VSA releases have premiered during big sales: Halfway to Black Friday, Black Friday, and most recently the Valentine's Day sale.
Thanks given by:
barsalou (Today)
Old Today, 12:32 PM   #33647
Expert Member

Jan 2014
Austin, TX

Quote:
L. E. of 10,000?
It's likely bigger than most editions - especially considering that the limitation number isn't mentioned on the listing.

I'm having a hard time understanding the amount of complaining and negativity I've seen regarding this title (I'm not directing this at you specifically, or even these forums - just in general).

I've never seen the movie before, so I have no real connection to it. I'm a subscriber, so I'm used to getting a good number of titles I'm not familiar with. But it seems like a lot of people are excited for the release, and once again Vinegar Syndrome has been able to release a film that has been unavailable for a long time, and that other labels have been unable to put out.

I hope this is a huge seller for them. Titles like this may not be top-tier for horror and exploitation fans like me, or for those more interested in classic adult titles - but this will help them do more work on the smaller, more obscure titles that many of us do want.

To me that seems like a win-win, even if Rad (or any other title) isn't someone's bread and butter.
Old Today, 12:34 PM   #33648
Expert Member

Dec 2010
Suburban Minneapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worship.my.wreck View Post
Just finished watching my copy of Malabimba and wow. I enjoyed this one quite a bit. Very weird and sleazy. Definitely doesn't disappoint.
The movie and the cast can only be described as incredible. The VS team worked some real magic on this title. It looks beautiful!
Old Today, 12:34 PM   #33649
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2008

Quote:
Don't know where you're getting that quote from, just made it up? It'll be as limited as the rest of their releases I. E. Not very.
Yes I made it up!

So are you saying Rad will definitely be as available as The Young Like it Hot / Sweet Young Foxes Blu-ray, The Executioner 2 Blu-ray, Crypt of the Living Dead Blu-ray, and the 5 Films 5 Years Blu-rays?

I might as well not even bother pre-ordering. Thank you for the advice
Old Today, 01:46 PM   #33650
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrarg View Post
Yes I made it up!

So are you saying Rad will definitely be as available as The Young Like it Hot / Sweet Young Foxes Blu-ray, The Executioner 2 Blu-ray, Crypt of the Living Dead Blu-ray, and the 5 Films 5 Years Blu-rays?

I might as well not even bother pre-ordering. Thank you for the advice
Donít forget about that Runaway Nightmare Blu-ray (apparently) available at every five and dime across the country!
Old Today, 01:56 PM   #33651

Mar 2020
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
I've seen lots of negative reviews throughout this thread about Xtro 3, but I quite enjoyed it. Basically, they put 'Predator' and 'Alien' in a blender with a dash of 'Starship Troopers,' and no budget, all within the shadow of 'The X-Files' which was at its peak of popularity at the time of this movie's release. Tons of character and plenty of cheese, about as "cult movie" as it gets. And I've got to say, the effects are not bad considering the budget and straight to video status. At the begining of the movie, look out for a young Martin Starr who you may know from 'Freaks and Geeks' and HBO's 'Silicon Valley.'
Agreed. It's pure mid-90s DTV cheese, so knowing that going in sets expectations. I enjoyed it for what it was, and the PQ and audio are stellar. In addition to the zeitgeist X-Files vibe, they also reference the B&W alien autopsy "footage" that Fox aired on TV around that time.
Old Today, 02:04 PM   #33652
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
Boulder City, Nevada

How about Creature 1985? i mean MGM owns it
Thanks given by:
Old Today, 02:12 PM   #33653

Jan 2020

Creature has been out there for quite awhile and no one has picked it up yet. Could be possible MGM wants too much for it? In any case, I'm such a fan of it I would buy 2 copies on general principal alone lol.
Thanks given by:
Old Today, 02:16 PM   #33654
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenOfEarth View Post
How about Creature 1985? i mean MGM owns it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Blu View Post
Creature has been out there for quite awhile and no one has picked it up yet. Could be possible MGM wants too much for it? In any case, I'm such a fan of it I would buy 2 copies on general principal alone lol.
Creature is a title I've been hoping would get a release for ages now. I remember watching the VHS back in the mid-90s and absolutely loving! Some insane gore, gratuitous nudity and just overall a really fun sci-fi/horror film.
Thanks given by:
Savage_Blu (Today)
Old Today, 02:18 PM   #33655
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Ontario, Canada

John Lyons,
Are we ever gonna see that edited-on-tape horror film you mentioned late last year?
Old Today, 02:46 PM   #33656
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsalou View Post
I've never seen RAD so no nostalgia associated with it, but I still want to check it out since everyone is raving about it and looks like something I would enjoy... also want to do the secret pre-order since I will probably end up buying those titles anyways.. and maybe grab the forgotten gialli set while I'm at it.

IMO I'd buy now can't you add onto order later? I got 2 copies lined up already , even with a large run it may sell out fast
Old Today, 02:55 PM   #33657

Jan 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarewelltotheFlesh View Post
Creature is a title I've been hoping would get a release for ages now. I remember watching the VHS back in the mid-90s and absolutely loving! Some insane gore, gratuitous nudity and just overall a really fun sci-fi/horror film.
First watched Creature in the theater during its initial release. Scared the crap out of me then....thanks dad! LoL. You're right, the movie has some great gore...and Klaus Kinski! It's currently on the free streaming app tubi. Not a bad option for a quick fix.
Thanks given by:
FarewelltotheFlesh (Today), lilboyblu (Today)
Old Today, 03:38 PM   #33658
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Blu View Post
First watched Creature in the theater during its initial release. Scared the crap out of me then....thanks dad! LoL. You're right, the movie has some great gore...and Klaus Kinski! It's currently on the free streaming app tubi. Not a bad option for a quick fix.
I love stories about movie watching experiences from back in the day. I literally kept every ticket stub from theatres starting in grade 8 (which would have been 97/98 for me). In times like these, those memories of video stores, movie theatres and sleepovers with a group of friends watching cheesy movies get me through. Thanks for the info! I want to revisit the title.
Old Today, 03:44 PM   #33659
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

On Scorpion's Facebook page a while back someone requested Creature and Walt liked the post, which may or may not mean it's part of his MGM deal. We'll have to wait and see.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors