Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Mirror's Edge (PS3)
$19.99

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland (PS3)
$29.99

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (PS3)
$29.97

Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.99

Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
$18.95

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (PS3)
$19.99

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$25.09

XBlaze Lost: Memories (PS3)
$20.78

Persona 5 (PS3)
$24.27

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection, The (PS3)
$19.99

Bulletstorm (PS3)
$59.95

Brutal Legend (PS3)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 07-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California
Default Soul Calibur II HD Online Coming to PSN Store with Tekken's Heihachi again

Quote:
Soulcalibur 2 is coming to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 as an HD Remaster. Titled Soulcalibur 2 HD Online, the game is slated for release this fall on Xbox Live and PSN.

During Namco Bandai’s panel at Comic-Con, where they announced the game, Namco also showed that Heihachi from Tekken will be in the game.

Originally, Heihachi was only in the PlayStation 2 version of SoulCalibur 2, while the Gamecube got Link from The Legend of Zelda and the Xbox got Todd McFarlane’s Spawn.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/19...x-360-and-ps3/
Old 07-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Awesome news. Maybe this can wash some of the stink off of the SC series that came with Soul Calibur V. :-(

Now they need to bring SC III and that'll be more awesome.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008
Wrestling in Ireland. PSNetwork: Nerdkiller316PSN Nerds beaten up: Loads

Makes sense why Heihachi would be the sole guest character (No WiiU version, no Link, and Spawn would require relicencing the character to use). Plus, It might be the perfect opportunity to get started on the series.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

I wish there was a Wii U version coming with Link in it. That was my favorite guest character. I bought the Gamecube version right away back when SCII first came out, then later bought the Xbox version to play as Spawn after it dropped to $20. I never even bothered with the PS2 version as Heihachi just seemed like a boring guest character to me (no offense to anyone who liked him and favored the PS2 version).
Old 07-21-2013, 03:10 AM   #5
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
I wish there was a Wii U version coming with Link in it. That was my favorite guest character. I bought the Gamecube version right away back when SCII first came out, then later bought the Xbox version to play as Spawn after it dropped to $20. I never even bothered with the PS2 version as Heihachi just seemed like a boring guest character to me (no offense to anyone who liked him and favored the PS2 version).
Well Soul Calibur always(or at least for quite some time) has had Yoshimitsu who is a Tekken character.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
I don't think any of the three guest characters were all that good, to be quite honest.

SC2 still has some of the best gameplay in the series. SC5 has tighter combat but a weak roster missing many of the series favorites. SC4's customizability is great fun, but the actual combat is pretty bad. SC3 had horrendous load times and awful character designs.

Hopefully Namco doesn't screw up this HD version.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemage View Post
I don't think any of the three guest characters were all that good, to be quite honest.

SC2 still has some of the best gameplay in the series. SC5 has tighter combat but a weak roster missing many of the series favorites. SC4's customizability is great fun, but the actual combat is pretty bad. SC3 had horrendous load times and awful character designs.

Hopefully Namco doesn't screw up this HD version.
Well Soul Calibur V is set quite a few years after IV. Ivy hasn't changed too much, but can tell that if there's a Soul Calibur game set some years after V, she will lose most of her looks.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
BC, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Well Soul Calibur V is set quite a few years after IV. Ivy hasn't changed too much, but can tell that if there's a Soul Calibur game set some years after V, she will lose most of her looks.
And gravity will have set in.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

IMO, the best game was Soul Calibur 1
Old 07-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

Quote:
Well Soul Calibur always(or at least for quite some time) has had Yoshimitsu who is a Tekken character.
I've honestly just have never been much of a Tekken fan. It played it a few times and it never really appealed to me. The only Tekken related games that I have in my overall gaming collection is Tekken Tag Tournament for PS2 and Street Fighter X Tekken for PS3 (the latter of which ended up ticking me off with all of Capcom's botching of how they handle DLC). I've never been a big fan of Tekken's play style, but I did enjoy some of the unique features in the Tag Tournament game. I am somewhat tempted to get the Wii U version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 sometime at a cheap price both for those unique features from the original Tag game as well as the exclusive Nintendo-related content that was added in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemage View Post
I actually liked Link's gameplay a lot and used him quite a bit (though not exclusively) in SC2. He was really great to play as. I didn't find Spawn's gameplay to be nearly as good. I'm still tempted to download the game when it comes out just to play it in HD. And I guess this way I'll finally have all 3 versions with all 3 guest characters (I still have the Gamecube and Xbox versions from when it first came out).
Old 07-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Link was the most enjoyable guess character. That would be the only HD remaster I'd want from the series.

Soul Calibur on the DC holds a spot for me as it has the best Lizardmand style.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #12
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
I've honestly just have never been much of a Tekken fan. It played it a few times and it never really appealed to me. The only Tekken related games that I have in my overall gaming collection is Tekken Tag Tournament for PS2 and Street Fighter X Tekken for PS3 (the latter of which ended up ticking me off with all of Capcom's botching of how they handle DLC). I've never been a big fan of Tekken's play style, but I did enjoy some of the unique features in the Tag Tournament game. I am somewhat tempted to get the Wii U version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 sometime at a cheap price both for those unique features from the original Tag game as well as the exclusive Nintendo-related content that was added in.

I actually liked Link's gameplay a lot and used him quite a bit (though not exclusively) in SC2. He was really great to play as. I didn't find Spawn's gameplay to be nearly as good. I'm still tempted to download the game when it comes out just to play it in HD. And I guess this way I'll finally have all 3 versions with all 3 guest characters (I still have the Gamecube and Xbox versions from when it first came out).
You can get the Tekken Hybrid which includes Tekken Tag 1, Tekken Tag 2 Prologue and a Tekken CGI Anime movie.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Yoshi is different though. Soul Calibur is a weapon based fighter and Yoshi fights with a weapon. Heichachi has nothing but his fist and as such felt very out of place
Old 07-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #14
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Yoshi is different though. Soul Calibur is a weapon based fighter and Yoshi fights with a weapon. Heichachi has nothing but his fist and as such felt very out of place
True enough. But how about Soul Calibur V using Devil Jin's style?
Old 07-24-2013, 02:01 AM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
VA

I remember buying the Japanese Gamecube version months before it came out and digging Link, then eventually buying the US PS2 version and finding Heihachi entirely meh.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #16
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

My favorite character of the series is Kilik but Soul Calibur III had this dude named Olcadan who was part Owl Part man and dude was badass.

That was the only version of the game that had him, I believe.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Tags
calibur, heihachi, online, soul, tekken