Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.60
22 hrs ago
The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.80
21 hrs ago
Godzilla vs. Kong 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Pina 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
The Smurfs 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.69
 
Trolls World Tour 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.49
 
Rampage 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99
 
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.09
 
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.31
 
Bait 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.69
 
Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2021, 05:39 PM   #161
Deciazulado Deciazulado is offline
Site Manager
 
Deciazulado's Avatar
 
Aug 2006
USiberia
6
644
4051
3023
Default and now a deci update



Royole Moon

That batch of about a month ago sold out, but seems it's going back in stock in a week, for now it showing again at $299 with the clip-on coupon.


I got one. Came with the software version at 2.33, just charged it, plugged the HDMI to the 3-D Blu-ray player and it worked.

Had to fuss with the physical adjustments to get it adjusted just right (the optical lenses coulda been a little bit bigger to leave a wider, a more airy.. "space" around the screen) and of course it's a headset with headphones, so it's like wearing double headphones (and so you forego your 5-11.1 system)
.
But after that, I don't have to worry about the 65" C6 biting the dust and not having OLED goodness in 3D anymore.
For 300 Ds is a great deal compared to a bigger OLED, as a -you have it or you don't- replacement, and is portable too.
For a beginner that lusts after OLED image quality and/or perfect 3D, can be an option to get that, if you don't mind the "headsetedness".

For Academy and Standard Widescreen movies the size is good at least bigger than most people watch their 16:9 TVs which is about at 3-4 picture heights distance, this looks to be close to 2PHs* tho I didn't "measure" it. I just got sucked into watching some redheads singing, looked OLED good like a cigarette should and 3-D without dimming crosstalk flicker or ghost is a thing to enjoy and forget .
If people saw 3D this good from the start...

1080p x 1920 OLED per eye, about 48 horizontal field of view* Real 3D w/ 2.3 update. Integrated headphone.
* specs say
" 800" @ 20m " (66') which would be about
120" @ 10'/3m
100" @ 8.3'/2.5m
80" @ 6.7'/2m
60" @ 5'/1.5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciazulado View Post
which is about this from the middle of the theater:

or about 2PH for Academy/16:9 Widescreen movies.
Having tasted this morsel, I look forward to the promised CinemaScope sized Cinera too, and hopefully at some point headphone-less and lighter, etc. iterations; with more common on HDTVs features or controls.

Think Brainstorm headsets evolution.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
kurtos (04-10-2021), revgen (03-14-2021)
Old 03-17-2021, 11:53 PM   #162
tripletopper tripletopper is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2017
1
Default

By the way, there is a difference between having 3d when you want to watch in hardcore mode. And 2d in casual mode, but the reason for the fall 2011 3d hatred was REQUURING 3d in order to watch the 2012 Super Bowl. If you didn't have a 3D TV, you were locked out (unless you want American Football linemen with E Honda like proportions appear like NBA Centers, or Sagat like proportions and are not distracted by 2 such images. In other words, undecoded side-by-side half).

3D hatred was a stance against REQUIRING 3D, therefore requiring glasses for something as banal as the 6 O clock news.

No one complains about Dolby Digital because it is 2 track compatible. Nobody complains that. Closed captions exist (except people REQUURED to broadcast with them if unable to make them easily) and from 1955 to 1965 no one even heard of color at large, but it was there if you had a compatible TV. But you were not locked out if you had a B/W TV, you just got it in B/W.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:08 AM   #163
BLMN BLMN is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Feb 2011
Southern NH
86
509
37
8
Default

i dont know why you keep insisting that the 2012 super bowl was in 3D, what provider that offered that ? if i remember correctly that SB was broadcasted by NBC in 2D only everywhere and as far as i know NFL only tried 1 or 2 pre season games exclusive on verizon fios and that was it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:24 AM   #164
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
i dont know why you keep insisting that the 2012 super bowl was in 3D, what provider that offered that ? if i remember correctly that SB was broadcasted by NBC in 2D only everywhere and as far as i know NFL only tried 1 or 2 pre season games exclusive on verizon fios and that was it.
He refuses to acknowledge the FACT that there were never any plans to have the 2012 Super Bowl shown in 3D. You're wasting key strokes trying to convince him. Like trying to nail JELL-O to the wall.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:54 PM   #165
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavanut View Post

You may also profit from Google Cardboard or other variants of VR. Getting the films from disc into a usable format will mean some online research and a little bit of work, but I can say in my case it has been very well worth it. I have the assurance that I will be able to watch my existing collection anytime I want for the rest of my days, regardless what the manufacturers may do.
Is there a successful way to convert Blu-ray 3D frame-pack titles into side-by-side image versions?

Lately I have been watching VUDU's HDX 3D titles, comparing them to the Blu-ray 3D counterparts. The 3D seems to always resolve better (more-defined layers viewing side-by-side), even though resolution may be less. .

I'm thinking that both L&R images are digitally complete, and not requiring additional cpu logarithmic calculations with errors.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:37 PM   #166
ryanmcv ryanmcv is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ryanmcv's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Phoenix, AZ
228
562
945
122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Is there a successful way to convert Blu-ray 3D frame-pack titles into side-by-side image versions?
Yes. I won't get into it here since it would likely violate the site's rules on discussion of piracy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:29 PM   #167
film11 film11 is offline
Power Member
 
Mar 2010
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciazulado View Post


Royole Moon

That batch of about a month ago sold out, but seems it's going back in stock in a week, for now it showing again at $299 with the clip-on coupon.


I got one. Came with the software version at 2.33, just charged it, plugged the HDMI to the 3-D Blu-ray player and it worked.

Had to fuss with the physical adjustments to get it adjusted just right (the optical lenses coulda been a little bit bigger to leave a wider, a more airy.. "space" around the screen) and of course it's a headset with headphones, so it's like wearing double headphones (and so you forego your 5-11.1 system)
.
But after that, I don't have to worry about the 65" C6 biting the dust and not having OLED goodness in 3D anymore.
For 300 Ds is a great deal compared to a bigger OLED, as a -you have it or you don't- replacement, and is portable too.
For a beginner that lusts after OLED image quality and/or perfect 3D, can be an option to get that, if you don't mind the "headsetedness".

For Academy and Standard Widescreen movies the size is good at least bigger than most people watch their 16:9 TVs which is about at 3-4 picture heights distance, this looks to be close to 2PHs* tho I didn't "measure" it. I just got sucked into watching some redheads singing, looked OLED good like a cigarette should and 3-D without dimming crosstalk flicker or ghost is a thing to enjoy and forget .
If people saw 3D this good from the start...

1080p x 1920 OLED per eye, about 48 horizontal field of view* Real 3D w/ 2.3 update. Integrated headphone.
* specs say
" 800" @ 20m " (66') which would be about
120" @ 10'/3m
100" @ 8.3'/2.5m
80" @ 6.7'/2m
60" @ 5'/1.5m



Having tasted this morsel, I look forward to the promised CinemaScope sized Cinera too, and hopefully at some point headphone-less and lighter, etc. iterations; with more common on HDTVs features or controls.

Think Brainstorm headsets evolution.
Apparently no longer available
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:30 PM   #168
jmcecil jmcecil is offline
Active Member
 
jmcecil's Avatar
 
May 2019
Northern Idaho
192
663
138
136
2
Default

What did you do with your intellivision games?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:08 PM   #169
doctor_who doctor_who is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
doctor_who's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
T.A.R.D.I.S.
78
251
2232
1467
1
1107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
He refuses to acknowledge the FACT that there were never any plans to have the 2012 Super Bowl shown in 3D. You're wasting key strokes trying to convince him. Like trying to nail JELL-O to the wall.
triptop is the 3DQAnon shaman of 3D insanity! Nothing makes sense or lives in reality!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:01 PM   #170
LordoftheRings LordoftheRings is offline
Special Member
 
LordoftheRings's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Default

Funny thread; it's like what we're supposed to do with our VHS movie tapes.
Keep them in case the trend comes back...or, Salvation Army stores.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:04 PM   #171
LordoftheRings LordoftheRings is offline
Special Member
 
LordoftheRings's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Default

3D Blus, ...Convert them to 8K HDR?

* Godzilla vs. Kong ... 3D BR or 4K BR?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:09 PM   #172
LordoftheRings LordoftheRings is offline
Special Member
 
LordoftheRings's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Default

Some VHS movie tapes I keep: 'Star Wars' trilogy and 'The Keep' (Michael Mann).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Ray O. Blu (06-18-2021)
Old 06-15-2021, 10:33 PM   #173
8traxrule 8traxrule is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2009
Default

New TVs can still display VHS tapes just fine, as well as Intellivision games. If they ever stop including analog tuners you can just use a VCR for your old game systems.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:12 AM   #174
LordoftheRings LordoftheRings is offline
Special Member
 
LordoftheRings's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Default

True that.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:13 AM.