Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Aladdin (Blu-ray)
$18.00
9 hrs ago
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Angel Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$30.25
20 hrs ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

John Wick / John Wick 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.27
17 hrs ago
Werewolf in a Girls' Dormitory (Blu-ray)
$23.49
9 hrs ago
Hereditary (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Dracula Untold 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.22

The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.99

Patlabor the Mobile Police: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$48.99

Back to the Future: The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray)
$21.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM   #18241
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Well, I watched Lucky Logan (and started Howard Hawks El Dorado) on Prime last night and thought both looked pretty good all things considered. Iíve been too preoccupied with the new job to actually sit down and watch anything longer than Match Game or a 30 minute show. So I took advantage of my wife being out of town and the house being quiet thanks to a Star Wars DVD marathon my sonís been on.
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #18242
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Well, I watched Lucky Logan (and started Howard Hawks El Dorado) on Prime last night and thought both looked pretty good all things considered. Iíve been too preoccupied with the new job to actually sit down and watch anything longer than Match Game or a 30 minute show. So I took advantage of my wife being out of town and the house being quiet thanks to a Star Wars DVD marathon my sonís been on.
I canít do the prequels anymore. They are just so badly made and poorly acted I struggle to get through them.

I like the current films though and obviously the Ďclassicí three.
Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM   #18243
Power Member

Sep 2006
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
A poster on another thread reckons Vudu force motion smoothing in their 4K transfers.
Not likely. That would require a higher frame rate which means a larger file size. Streaming providers want smaller, not larger, file sizes.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM   #18244
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
Not likely. That would require a higher frame rate which means a larger file size. Streaming providers want smaller, not larger, file sizes.
That’s what I thought. I’m not sure he is talking about HFR though. I get the impression he meant that the Vudu transfers have a motion smoothing effect similar to what some TVs have (before it is switched off lol)
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #18245
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
A poster on another thread reckons Vudu force motion smoothing in their 4K transfers. I call bollocks. Anyone confirm either way? I didnít even think motion smoothing COULD be forced unless itís on the hardware side. Iím confused.
I think he is mixing stuff up. And what he is talking about is filtering (smoothing) (-grain reduction.....) that help make the movie easier to compress.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #18246
Power Member

Sep 2006
North Carolina

Quote:
Thatís what I thought. Iím not sure he is talking about HFR though. I get the impression he meant that the Vudu transfers have a motion smoothing effect similar to what some TVs have (before it is switched off lol)
Higher frame rates (interpolated) is how motion smoothing is accomplished, some info here. Be sure and click the link in the 24 Hz video section.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #18247
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
Higher frame rates (interpolated) is how motion smoothing is accomplished, some info here. Be sure and click the link in the 24 Hz video section.
Iím hoping I never have to watch it in the home environment. Once at the cinema was enough for me.
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #18248
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
I think he is mixing stuff up. And what he is talking about is filtering (smoothing) (-grain reduction.....) that help make the movie easier to compress.
Oh yeah, I know that!

The way he phrased it was very confusing though.
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM   #18249
Expert Member

Dec 2014
Dublin, Ireland

It appears from WB Digital Support that the transfer of people's digital libraries from Flixster Video to Google Play has not gone smoothly. WB Digital Support have been sending support ticket replies to people to say that there was regret in not having titles which remain unavailable for migration from Flixster Video to Google Play in which they said is down to a 'technical problem'.

If you are hearing or reading this reply from them; you would probably agree with my own thinking on it that it is a official stock reply coming out from the people who run the service in WB. The good news from WB's point of view is that it won't mean people's titles would disappear for good or eventually get taken away from this migration process. WB have said that they will rectify this 'technical problem' by way of an email which is sent to people's email addresses linked with Flixster Video. That email would outline the titles available to you for migration to Google Play once the issue is completely fixed.

Here's that stock reply from someone that I copied off Disqus which had outlined this technical issue.

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

We regret that some titles in your Flixster Video collection are not available for migration to Google Play.

We have had some technical problems with some titles listed below in your collection that are listed as unavailable, and we are currently working on making these titles available for migration to Google Play and fixing any related technical issues. We will provide you a notice by E-mail when these additional titles become available for migration, so that you can return to your collection and migrate them to Google Play. Please stay tuned.

Thank you.
I got a smaller stock reply from WB Digital Support 8 days ago in which they said they are researching the issue, about my two Flixster Video titles not porting over to Google Play, that I had reported through my support ticket to them. They said they will contact me soon with further support with a thank you note attached.

What do you think of this reply from them. Will all of that work be doable by December 18th?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology