Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Westworld: Season Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Westworld: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Steven Seagal 4-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$8.99
20 hrs ago
Emmanuelle 3 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
15 hrs ago
Princess Principal: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Frame Arms Girl: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot (Blu-ray)
$15.41
 
Triple Threat (Blu-ray)
$22.27
22 hrs ago
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$23.78
12 hrs ago
If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #41
demoni demoni is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
demoni's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post
nope, HDMA 5.1 (plus DD 5.1), too bad 50i and lack of english subs makes it kind of useless for most parts of the world =(
I wonder why Pan Vision limited their market by doing all of their Blu-ray's in 50i...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #42
28BlusLater 28BlusLater is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
28BlusLater's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
28
341
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoni View Post
Let's hope (for you guys outside Europe) that this will be region free, and not like the UK Martyrs.
I have a region free player and have Martyrs import from the UK. So playing other regions isn't a problem. The problem is that there are no English subtitles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #43
TheOneWithThePrize TheOneWithThePrize is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
TheOneWithThePrize's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoni View Post
I wonder why Pan Vision limited their market by doing all of their Blu-ray's in 50i...
They're being cheap, often using whatever easily available broadcast master they can find instead of any proper 1080p/24 ones. The fact that they rarely, if ever, have subtitles other than those of the Nordic countries further negates any desire to acquire sales from markets outside of their intended area.

The prevalent use of 1080i/50 by them and otjher similar independant companies is unfortunate as it really puts their name in a bad light but then their output during the DVD era wasn't all that stellar either. I have cursed several times when they've gotten distribution rights for Swedish titles where they tend to f**k up in one way or another.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #44
demoni demoni is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
demoni's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneWithThePrize View Post
They're being cheap, often using whatever easily available broadcast master they can find instead of any proper 1080p/24 ones. The fact that they rarely, if ever, have subtitles other than those of the Nordic countries further negates any desire to acquire sales from markets outside of their intended area.

The prevalent use of 1080i/50 by them and otjher similar independant companies is unfortunate as it really puts their name in a bad light but then their output during the DVD era wasn't all that stellar either. I have cursed several times when they've gotten distribution rights for Swedish titles where they tend to f**k up in one way or another.
Well said! +1
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #45
Blu-Ray HD Blu-Ray HD is offline
Expert Member
 
Blu-Ray HD's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Tucson,Arizona
2450
1
2390
15
415
Default

Hello can you please tell me if the blu ray of inside is uncut? I have the noble(Swedish ) version. ...thank you
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:51 AM   #46
Blu-Ray HD Blu-Ray HD is offline
Expert Member
 
Blu-Ray HD's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Tucson,Arizona
2450
1
2390
15
415
Default

Is this blu ray the uncut version?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:49 AM   #47
Omen2002 Omen2002 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Omen2002's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
PA
712
733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewSoberg View Post
Hello can you please tell me if the blu ray of inside is uncut? I have the noble(Swedish ) version. ...thank you
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Inside-Blu-ray/12367/

says uncut, but with the run time listed vs what it says on the back cover, I would wonder also. Check the list of people who have it listed in their collection and try and PM one to see if they can help. It's what I would do/have done before. https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Insid...7/#Collections
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #48
RickWJ324 RickWJ324 is offline
Special Member
 
RickWJ324's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Richmond, VA
14
Default

Sorry for posting in an old forum, but I would really like to know if there was ever a review for the Taiwanese release of this film? Was it an upconvert? Any links to a place to order it from? I'd like a blu-ray version that is non-50i, and has English subs.

thanks, Rick

UPDATE: Shortly after posting this I managed to track down a copy of the Taiwan release. I'm hoping it's a decent release and not some half-a$$ed upconvert. I'll post details once I have it in hand.

Last edited by RickWJ324; 11-02-2014 at 11:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #49
Walter Kovacs Walter Kovacs is offline
Junior Member
 
Walter Kovacs's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewSoberg View Post
Is this blu ray the uncut version?
Late reply, but this is the uncut version
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #50
RickWJ324 RickWJ324 is offline
Special Member
 
RickWJ324's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Richmond, VA
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
Sorry for posting in an old forum, but I would really like to know if there was ever a review for the Taiwanese release of this film? Was it an upconvert? Any links to a place to order it from? I'd like a blu-ray version that is non-50i, and has English subs.

thanks, Rick

UPDATE: Shortly after posting this I managed to track down a copy of the Taiwan release. I'm hoping it's a decent release and not some half-a$$ed upconvert. I'll post details once I have it in hand.

Well, I received the Tawain version. Although I haven't watched it on my tv yet, I did pop it into my pc when it arrived and have to say the picture looked pretty bad...I'm guessing it is indeed an upconvert. I don't have any other copies to compare it to, but it's not good quality.

It is nice to have a copy of this with English subs however. I will watch it soon and post details here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:21 PM   #51
Armakuni Armakuni is offline
Active Member
 
Armakuni's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
Default

Managed to find a copy of the OOP Swedish BD last week, so grateful for being able to see it in HD. However, does anyone know if it was shot digitally? The bright scenes looked very good, while the darker scenes were murky in a way I'm not at all used to.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:13 PM   #52
King Arthur King Arthur is offline
Active Member
 
King Arthur's Avatar
 
May 2017
Mexico City
69
Default

I'm still waiting for the launch of this side of the continent
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Inside └ l'intÚrieur French Horror Blu????? Blu-ray Movies - North America horrorfanatic321 4 09-10-2018 10:32 PM
Is └ l'intÚrieur (Inside) released on blu-ray anywhere?? Blu-ray Movies - North America Blurred 25 09-10-2018 03:10 AM
Is the Swedish release of Die Hard 4.0 the U.S. unrated or the U.S. PG-13 version? Blu-ray Movies - International Astrakan 3 07-13-2009 05:23 PM
Erin Brockovich (Universal on US) Sony Blu-ray for Spain Feb 27, Gandhi Feb 6 Blu-ray Movies - North America Deciazulado 1 01-03-2007 10:12 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:37 PM.