Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Westworld: Season Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Westworld: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Emmanuelle 3 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
13 hrs ago
Steven Seagal 4-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$8.99
18 hrs ago
Princess Principal: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Frame Arms Girl: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$15.99

A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Triple Threat (Blu-ray)
$22.27
20 hrs ago
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$23.78
10 hrs ago
The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot (Blu-ray)
$15.41

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 12-31-2009, 11:29 PM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdvader View Post
Ive been using the player and its been great.

The only issue I see seams to be with gracenote and not the player.

1. Harry Potter titles came up in spanish. Easy to correct.
2. Toy story 2 comes up as Dark water. You cant change the picture so I stuck with Dark Water as the Jacket.
3. Lethal weapon 1,2 and 4 come up but it cant locate 3. Easy to fix.

Out of 400 movies 1% about 4 disc had to be fixed.

I find I am watching movies I would never have because I dont have to go get or look through my books. This is great.

Are you saying Toy Story 2 DVD? The Blu isn't out in the US so that's why I ask.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:23 AM   #22
Special Member

Jan 2009
4th Planet from the Sun

Pictures of CX960 added to my gallery.

CX960 Works great and very simple to use. Had no problems adding player to my Harmony One Remote.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #23

Oct 2007
NY
Default Toy Story 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennedyZL View Post
Are you saying Toy Story 2 DVD? The Blu isn't out in the US so that's why I ask.
Yes I have both bluray and regular DVD's in the player. Toy Story 2 The regulard DVD comes up as Dark Water.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdvader View Post
Yes I have both bluray and regular DVD's in the player. Toy Story 2 The regulard DVD comes up as Dark Water.

Oh alright, excuse my heart attack, I didn't think anyone not in Pixar or Disney would have the BD.
phew...
Old 02-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #25
Power Member

Sep 2007
Twin Cities
Send a message via Yahoo to mr.hidef

wow.....all this talk and still no pic's?
Old 02-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #26

Jan 2010
new york

hello all, a few days ago i jumped on board with the sony bdp-cx690. and so far, i absolutely love it! my question to the other owners or someone who knows about it is the soud output...

ok, here goes! before i was using(well, still am) an lg bd390, and i loved it but didnt think the sound was right, so i posted a thread here on the thread and of course every one here helped me so much! members explained to me what was wrong, i went into the audio setup menu, set everything to what i was told, and it was then absolutely amazing! (literally, night and day) before i was listening to the SAME sound out of every single speaker, afterwards i had tre surround sound. my receiver was set to auto and whatever the film was it would come up on my receiver display such as dolby, dts, 7.1 with them highlighted in red... i thank everyone for helping me with that issue...

So, my concern now is its happening again. the sound is MUCH better then it was with my Lg before it was worked out, but not AS good as after i changed the audio settings, and let my receiver handle the decoding.
plus the display on my receiver only ever says 5.1 and 7.1 now, and no longer is there anything in red on the receiver...

so, long story short, my question is what do i put the settings to in the audio setup menu??? does this player do the same thing and allow my receiver to handle the sound decoding??? i changed the settings around a few times, and had no changes...if anyone has the answer or any suggestions, i will love you! thanks in advance, Ed
Old 03-01-2010, 12:54 AM   #27

Mar 2010
Default wifi solution?

Is there a way to get a usb wifi solution on the bdp-cx960? It's the only thing missing that bothers me.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:13 AM   #28
Power Member

Oct 2007
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul9870 View Post
Is there a way to get a usb wifi solution on the bdp-cx960? It's the only thing missing that bothers me.
I would be very surprised; my understanding is that the USB port is only used by the player as external BD Live memory, end of story, full stop.

On the control side of the house, there was talk of a possible firmware update to control the unit through the Ethernet connection, making the ES modelís RS-232 unnecessary for most users, but nothing has materialized yet.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #29

Jan 2008
Chattanooga, TN

I have a long list of suggestions for improvements to this changer. Most of which could be addressed with software updates. Is there an official place to suggest such things and see a list of others needs and solutions?

For example I would like to put a movie in multiple genres. Too many end up in Action alone because it comes first alphabetically in movies that list themselves as multiple genres.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #30

Nov 2008
USA This player started a domino effect for me

I picked one of these few weeks ago off Amazon,I love it the girl friend and I are both movie watchers and do that 70s show marathons its great not having to get up to change discs.
The domino effect came into play when it was to large for our entertainment center so I was able to talk her into letting me buy a new one which will hold a 60" tv and of that course made our 40" lcd look so small ended up having to buy a 50" plasma to keep all things in proportion.
it only missed titled 2 discs which was no trouble to fix.all in all its a solid player definatly worth the price I paid.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:33 PM   #31

Jan 2008
Texas
Default Love this Beast!

I love, love, love this unit. For me, it bitstreams DTS-HD and Dolby True HD. You just have to put the audio settings to direct and allow for decoding of Dolby and DTS. I love it so much, I want another!!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #32

Feb 2007
-
Question Mega changer Features

Does anyone know if they will add Netflix, Youtube, Pandora, etc. to this unit -or if they will come out with a new version this year that has those options?

It would also be nice to stream music/photos from a PC on a local network.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #33
Power Member

Feb 2007

Alright I got a couple questions about this player, someone help me with the answers:

1. Is the load time that slow when you have over 200+ discs in it?
2. Are there any known issues of scratched discs?
3. Will this read the UK and Canada imports that I can currently view on my PS3?
4. What if the player doesn't find the info for a specific title, is there a way to add your own to the site that it gets its information from, or just add it to the player's memory itself?
5. If I got this, I wouldn't have an extra HDMI port to add it. So is there any way to connect it through the PS3, or connecting the PS3 through this machine first?

Last edited by djluis2k6; 05-27-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #34

Jan 2008
Chattanooga, TN

1. The only extra load time is it spinning the tray to get to the correct disc which is still faster than me digging through my collection and loading the disc manually.

2. I have not seen any disc damage and have taken some out after months of use.

3. I have the Canadian Pixar steelbook discs loaded and they all play perfectly.

4. You can type in whatever title/genre you want if you prefer. I do not know about updating the Gracenote database.

5. I have a little box with 3 HDMI ports that has my changer and PS3 plugged into it so I just push the button of which I want to see on the screen. I can still run them both at the same time such as when downloading.

FYI, I currently have 387 discs loaded with no hardware issues.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:14 AM   #35
Power Member

Feb 2007

Sounds great, might have to go ahead and pick this up then.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #36

Jun 2010
Default UK Options

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere - I really want one of these but Im in the UK - does anyone know if they sell in the UK or of an alternative to this for the UK.

Is the player locked to Region A or will it accept others?

TIA,

Sam
Old 06-27-2010, 02:30 AM   #37
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Arrow Sony BDP-CX7000ES Blu-ray Mega Changer Review.

Elevated Standard from Sony. Latest released review on the BDP-CX7000ES.
Check it out (unfortunately it does not play SACDs! ):

@ http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/blu-r...er-review.html

P.S. Sorry Sam but I'm just not sure; check the UK Sony web site.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #38
Banned

May 2007
Irvine, CA

My collection is growing faster than my 8yr girl. Ill probably pick one of these soon. Ill sell my iphone and older model DVD 400 DVD sony changer and just pay $100 of the difference.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #39

Feb 2007
-

Will this player ever get an update that will allow the ability for internet streaming from Netflix, Pandora, PC (DLNA) etc?
-This seems to be the one missing link on this player.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #40

Jan 2008
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan007 View Post
Will this player ever get an update that will allow the ability for internet streaming from Netflix, Pandora, PC (DLNA) etc?
-This seems to be the one missing link on this player.

Being it already has the menu system it should be more possible than an average player. And with it being Sony they already know what they are doing. Maybe they will just wire up the two together instead.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders