Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
20 hrs ago
Hannibal 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.42

Vampire Hunter D (Blu-ray)
$7.99
3 hrs ago
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
42 min ago
Justice League vs the Fatal Five (Blu-ray)
$18.99
8 hrs ago
If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99

A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Steven Seagal 4-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Dragon Ball Super: Broly (Blu-ray)
$22.99

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Aura Battler Dunbine: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.99
9 hrs ago
First Man (Blu-ray)
$17.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 09-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #1

Apr 2011
Maryland
Default Panasonic Blu-ray Player, Some play some dont

My Panasonic blu ray player SC-BTT195, I have had since December 2012, has worked great till recently, ANY paramount Blu-ray does not play just says "Disk not compatible" OR loads and when paramount logo comes up its really distorted/pixilated,
BUT if i put in a Warner bros or fox title they work Fine no issues, Universals some don't play, some do but with slight distortion in image, Firmware is up to date, I tried using a Blu ray player disk cleaner, and resetting the unit and nothing has worked, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

I'd search here but also the Owner thread(s) at AVSForum.com. Document as you have done somewhat in your post which studios' titles the player is having problems with and open a trouble ticket with Panasonic. I'd push hard for getting your player replaced by them.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
Special Member

Jan 2012

i own the panasonic bdt210 and have similar issues
the studios doesnt seem to make a difference but some days it wont play blus it played the day before
what i found that solves the problem is unplugging the power for at least 30 minutes
Old 09-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by halloween5309 View Post
i own the panasonic bdt210 and have similar issues
the studios doesnt seem to make a difference but some days it wont play blus it played the day before
what i found that solves the problem is unplugging the power for at least 30 minutes
Interesting. I've owned three Panny players and have never experienced this. It's perhaps significant to note, however, that all of my players are/were pre-2011 decks: the DMP-BD10, BD55 and BDT350. 2011 is IMO when the bottom fell out in the race to the bottom in BD player design and quality, especially for Sony and Panny.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
Special Member

Jan 2012

i forgot to mention turn off 24 fps and deep color
i own many blus that wont play correctly with 24fps turned on
really i dont like panasonic players the only reason i use mine is the dialogue enhancer and it is cinavia free
if it werent for those features i would replace it
also my panasonic and previous panasonics i have owned dont play many dvd-r and bd-r other machines play
Old 09-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
Banned

Jun 2012
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by halloween5309 View Post
i forgot to mention turn off 24 fps and deep color
i own many blus that wont play correctly with 24fps turned on
really i dont like panasonic players the only reason i use mine is the dialogue enhancer and it is cinavia free
if it werent for those features i would replace it
also my panasonic and previous panasonics i have owned dont play many dvd-r and bd-r other machines play
Can you be more specific as to what you mean by many blu's won't play correctly with 24p switched on?
Old 09-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
Special Member

Jan 2012

certain blus like kansas there's no place like home and ac/dc live at donnington when inserted sometimes they will play for like a few seconds and the player will stop playing
no matter how many times i try it the same thing happens, but if i turn off the 24 fps feature
the disc will play perfectly
other times when that feature is turned on the disc will play but is pixalated and unwatchable
i see you are in the u.k the feature may be called by a different name in your country but im sure your player has a similar feature on it
i hope this helps
Old 09-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
Special Member

Jan 2012

in the uk the feature you need to turn off is called 50 frames per second or 25 frames per second
also try unplugging the power from your player for at lest 15 minutes
Old 12-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #9

Dec 2013
Holland Restarting a movie

Hello,

First of all: I'm apologizing if this question is already asked in the past, but I couldn't find it in the search option.

I was wondering why some Blu-ray discs start all over when I stop the film and restart the movie on a later time-point.

Example 1: if I watch "Star Wars" for a bit, stop the movie and restart the movie it will continue where I stopped the movie. When I watch "King Kong", stop the film and restart it, it will start from the beginning.

Example 2: when I watch "Star Wars" for half an hour, stop the movie and restart the movie two weeks later (and watched 25 movies in the meantime), it will continue where I stopped it the last time.

I have a Panasonic SC-BTT270
Old 12-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Two View Post
Hello,

First of all: I'm apologizing if this question is already asked in the past, but I couldn't find it in the search option.

I was wondering why some Blu-ray discs start all over when I stop the film and restart the movie on a later time-point.

Example 1: if I watch "Star Wars" for a bit, stop the movie and restart the movie it will continue where I stopped the movie. When I watch "King Kong", stop the film and restart it, it will start from the beginning.

Example 2: when I watch "Star Wars" for half an hour, stop the movie and restart the movie two weeks later (and watched 25 movies in the meantime), it will continue where I stopped it the last time.

I have a Panasonic SC-BTT270
This is a Java issue. Unless a disc is authored using resume capability (you insert a disc you stopped in progress earlier and it prompts you whether you wish to "Resume Playback?"), if there are any Java-driven elements in the menu design, the disc will completely re-load/not re-start from where you left off with that disc previously. Java is the programming language behind most animation in BD menu screens--any movement, looping video, etc. If there is no such content/Java, then the disc will likely allow you to begin from where you last stopped that particular disc.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #11

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
This is a Java issue. Unless a disc is authored using resume capability (you insert a disc you stopped in progress earlier and it prompts you whether you wish to "Resume Playback?"), if there are any Java-driven elements in the menu design, the disc will completely re-load/not re-start from where you left off with that disc previously. Java is the programming language behind most animation in BD menu screens--any movement, looping video, etc. If there is no such content/Java, then the disc will likely allow you to begin from where you last stopped that particular disc.
In other words: there is nothing I can do about it?!?!
Old 12-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Two View Post
In other words: there is nothing I can do about it?!?!
In a word, yes. (But you wouldn't know that it's something to be "upset" about if it weren't for me telling you the difference so . . .)
Old 12-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #13

Dec 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBrown11 View Post
My Panasonic blu ray player SC-BTT195, I have had since December 2012, has worked great till recently, ANY paramount Blu-ray does not play just says "Disk not compatible" OR loads and when paramount logo comes up its really distorted/pixilated,
BUT if i put in a Warner bros or fox title they work Fine no issues, Universals some don't play, some do but with slight distortion in image, Firmware is up to date, I tried using a Blu ray player disk cleaner, and resetting the unit and nothing has worked, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
I too had this problem with a BTT490. Contacted Panasonic tech support and removed the 1gb SD card and replaced it with a 16gb SD and it worked fine after. Panasonic recommended at least 2GB SD card.

YMMV
Old 12-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Myself and my folks had the DMP-BDT210 Panasonic players, we liked them, no problems, still took a bit longer than expected for a film to start. Had bought them in April 2011, and got the four year warranties at Best Buy on each. At the time we paid $170 plus tax before the warranties. Only time I had playback issues was sometimes involving burned DVD discs but that was more of a disc media issue as I wasn't at the time using the proper blank media originally.

Decided to take the players in for cleaning, figure it would be nice to have a check-up on them (not even sure if that is required on players nowadays) and they told me they don't do that on the players anymore and they simply gave me a gift card for each for the price I paid so they handed me two gift cards, each with $185 roughly on them. I was quite surprised.

They have the DMP-BDT360 4K-upscaling players on sale for $109.99, Amazon has for $99.99 so I will probably pick those up, I figure with the price match and the new warranty, I will still have credit left over. I'd wait if the 2015 players were due out in a few weeks, but they probably won't be out until March or April of next year with CES next month.

Anyone own the BDT360 and have had any issues?
Old 12-08-2014, 04:21 AM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
Decided to take the players in for cleaning, figure it would be nice to have a check-up on them (not even sure if that is required on players nowadays) and they told me they don't do that on the players anymore and they simply gave me a gift card for each for the price I paid so they handed me two gift cards, each with $185 roughly on them. I was quite surprised.
On the one hand, your having purchased the warranties arguably compelled BB to accommodate you in some way. But on the other, it kinda points to how devalued the BD player market has become that they just gave you gift cards with those valuations. Sigh.

(Just got a DMP-BDT220 for myself after having purchased two in the past year or so for my parents. The newer GUI but with the older form factor; still has analog stereo out which I currently need.)
Old 12-08-2014, 06:30 AM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.R.S View Post
On the one hand, your having purchased the warranties arguably compelled BB to accommodate you in some way. But on the other, it kinda points to how devalued the BD player market has become that they just gave you gift cards with those valuations. Sigh.

(Just got a DMP-BDT220 for myself after having purchased two in the past year or so for my parents. The newer GUI but with the older form factor; still has analog stereo out which I currently need.)
I went in there not expecting anything than just a cleaning on the units, I didn't expect they would hand over a gift card, but they told me that Blu-ray player servicing has gotten to a point where its cheaper to simply give a gift card than to pay for any servicing. I ended up going back and buying two of the DMP-BDT360 units.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #17

Jun 2014
The Northern Plains

I've had a BD-75 for three years now and it remains my primary blu ray player. Only two trivial issues. Once in a while it will freeze. Unplug, replug, good to go. And early on it sometimes didn't like to play burned DVDs. All told, a good machine. I'd buy Panasonic again.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:05 AM   #18

Aug 2013
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmar View Post
I've had a BD-75 for three years now and it remains my primary blu ray player. Only two trivial issues. Once in a while it will freeze. Unplug, replug, good to go. And early on it sometimes didn't like to play burned DVDs. All told, a good machine. I'd buy Panasonic again.
I have a DMP-BDT230, had it about a year. Sometimes when I shut it off it freezes, little front display says "BYE" but it never shuts off all the way. It also has some minor issues with netflix, but, now I have an apple tv, so using that for netflix.

So, I've had to unplug, replug to reset the thing. One time the internet seemed to be slow in the house, found the BD player was stuck as describe above, unplug, replug, internet was better. Maybe they just aren't good internet machines. Quality picture with Blu-rays, though, reason I got it.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:22 AM   #19
Special Member

Jan 2012

i have the panasonic dmp-bdt 215 and i have all the same problems
sometimes have to unplug it
and i have to clean discs repeatedly
you clean the disc play it and 2 days later the same disc needs cleaned again to play
Old 01-19-2015, 06:32 AM   #20
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2013
The Ocean State
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmar View Post
I have a BD-65, the first player I bought. It functions flawlessly, I've never had an issue with any disc I've put in - and with no firmware updates. I'm not sure how the newer ones stack up in quality, but I'm very pleased as well.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders