Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Hannibal 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.42

No Game, No Life Zero (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Vampire Hunter D (Blu-ray)
$7.99
7 hrs ago
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.99
52 min ago
Samurai Champloo: Anime Classics Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$15.99
52 min ago
If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Wolf Children (Blu-ray)
$11.99
52 min ago
Justice League vs the Fatal Five (Blu-ray)
$18.99
12 hrs ago
Aura Battler Dunbine: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.99
13 hrs ago
Steven Seagal 4-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Princess Principal: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 02-14-2015, 12:47 PM   #21

Jul 2010

The Odessa File on Image works with the Top Menu fix . Really nice transfer.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:36 PM   #22
Special Member

Jun 2010
Derby UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by marblearch View Post
The Odessa File on Image works with the Top Menu fix . Really nice transfer.
Cool, another entry on my wish list
Old 02-23-2015, 08:26 PM   #23
Special Member

Jun 2010
Derby UK

Finally got the MGM region A locked BD of Road House to work! On the wring region screen press functions which takes you back to the Panasonic screen but with the functions menu up. All I did then was press 1 with the menu still up and hey presto it worked. A new method to try on all the others that didn't work.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:28 PM   #24

Jul 2010

it's not the best movie... but Hush (1998) on Image works with Top Menu fix
Old 02-23-2015, 11:05 PM   #25
Special Member

Jun 2010
Derby UK

Quote:
it's not the best movie... but Hush (1998) on Image works with Top Menu fix
Probably more work if your willing to fiddle about abit. I was all for selling this Road House BD as neither the top menu or stop then press 1 fix worked. The one that did work was abit different though but more fiddly. I tried it again after watching the film and it didnt work but on a second attempt it did. I found pressing function before the wrong region screen pops up then as soon as the funtion menu appears on the Panasonic screen press 1 and it loads. Re-tried the method and it worked again. Maybe try some of your non working BDs with this fix. You never know.

Last edited by eddyw78; 02-23-2015 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Missed words
Old 02-23-2015, 11:16 PM   #26

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyw78 View Post
Probably more work if your willing to fiddle about abit. I was all for selling this Road House BD as neither the top menu or stop then press 1 fix worked. The one that did work abit different though but more fiddly. I tried it again after watching the film and it didnt work but on a second attempt it did. I found pressing function before the wrong region screen pops up then as soon as the funtion menu appears on the Panasonic screen press on and it loads. Re-tried the method and it worked again. Maybe try some of your non working BDs with this fix. You never know.
I only own 2 discs that don't work - i'll try this out later to see if it works on them.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:26 PM   #27
Special Member

Jun 2010
Derby UK

Quote:
I only own 2 discs that don't work - i'll try this out later to see if it works on them.
Yes, when the disc is loading just before it flicks onto the wrong region screen press funtions then as soon as the screen appears the player reverts back to the Panasonic screen without you having to press anything else with the functions menu up. Then just press 1. No 'ok', 'play' or 'top menu , just '1' and the disc loads to the start of the film. Hope I have found another working method. Good luck
*****Tried this again last night and after pressing '1' after the functions menu I then had to press 'ok' as '1' started to flash in the corner of the screen instead of loading the film. Still worked fine though.*******

Last edited by eddyw78; 02-26-2015 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Change of button pressing sequence added.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #28

Feb 2015

hi everyone,my first post ,but been a longtime lurker.i have two titles that play on my panasonic bd30,ironclad-alliance and the robe(1953)-20th century fox.this by using stop then top menu.

Last edited by blakey55; 02-25-2015 at 10:23 AM. Reason: pressed wrong button
Old 02-26-2015, 06:38 AM   #29
Special Member

Jun 2010
Derby UK

I have ordered some more region A locked titles last night so I'll post any new findings here as soon as they arrive. Anyone else with anymore definates please post them.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #30

Jul 2010

Quote:
Yes, when the disc is loading just before it flicks onto the wrong region screen press funtions then as soon as the screen appears the player reverts back to the Panasonic screen without you having to press anything else with the functions menu up. Then just press 1. No 'ok', 'play' or 'top menu , just '1' and the disc loads to the start of the film. Hope I have found another working method. Good luck
*****Tried this again last night and after pressing '1' after the functions menu I then had to press 'ok' as '1' started to flash in the corner of the screen instead of loading the film. Still worked fine though.*******
Couldn't get them to work - I had tried a lot of different combinations previously -

Still waiting on a few Kino titles to arrive - hopefully all will work.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:23 PM   #31
Special Member

Jun 2010
Derby UK

Quote:
Couldn't get them to work - I had tried a lot of different combinations previously -

Still waiting on a few Kino titles to arrive - hopefully all will work.
Sorry you couldnt get them to work. The last remote trick does seem abit hit and miss and not as obvious as the top menu version. Yes I have my eye on a few Kino titles and have already ordered The Emerald Forest so i'm hoping that one plays as ot was far more expensive than the others. Up to now its three out of three for me with working titles so fingers crossed!!!
Old 03-05-2015, 06:12 PM   #32
Special Member

Jun 2010
Derby UK

Just received The Emerald Forest region A locked on the Kino label and it works with the 'functions' then pressing '1' and 'ok' method. Nice looking print with plenty of detail but oddly the sound is mono apart from the MGM logo at the start. Very strange as my old DVD version was stereo and the film was recorded in Dolby Stereo. I did also order a Shout BD knowing there was a good chance it wouldn't work and it didn't but as I can't find a copy of The Rats aka Deady Eyes anywhere and I can play region 1 DVD i'm not too fussed about this one although i did spend some time trying but to no avail. Tried every method i could think of.Oh well.Looks fine on DVD and has the same extras as the BD.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:06 AM   #33

Jul 2010

Kino titles Foxes, 52 Pick Up and Breakheart Pass can be unlocked with Top Menu as can Fox/MGM Escape From New York ( this disc will possibly be made redundant by the upcoming Shout release).

Fox/MGM disc Mr Brooks cannot be unlocked - the main menu screen reverts back to the region a coding screen when accessed via Top Menu
Old 03-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #34
Special Member

Jun 2010
Derby UK

Quote:
Kino titles Foxes, 52 Pick Up and Breakheart Pass can be unlocked with Top Menu as can Fox/MGM Escape From New York ( this disc will possibly be made redundant by the upcoming Shout release).

Fox/MGM disc Mr Brooks cannot be unlocked - the main menu screen reverts back to the region a coding screen when accessed via Top Menu
Breakheart Pass is another title on my wishlist. Again no logic to titles that work with an MGM release not working for you but all the others working fine. I also bought Sands Of The Kalahari from Olive to find it was region free anyway. I'm seriously considering modding my Panasonic. The upgrade is readily available on Ebay and I have a mate who is handy with a soldering iron who has offered to do it although I am reluctant to do it incase anything is damaged.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:28 AM   #35

Jul 2010

Quote:
Breakheart Pass is another title on my wishlist. Again no logic to titles that work with an MGM release not working for you but all the others working fine. I also bought Sands Of The Kalahari from Olive to find it was region free anyway. I'm seriously considering modding my Panasonic. The upgrade is readily available on Ebay and I have a mate who is handy with a soldering iron who has offered to do it although I am reluctant to do it incase anything is damaged.
With Fox it appears that the region A locked back catalogue titles will play but contemporary releases which they lock will not.
Being fully region free of course is the sensible option - which i will do myself at some stage.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #36
Special Member

Jun 2010
Derby UK

Quote:
With Fox it appears that the region A locked back catalogue titles will play but contemporary releases which they lock will not.
Being fully region free of course is the sensible option - which i will do myself at some stage.
Absolutely although looking at the modification for the BD80 I'm a little apprehensive to get my friend to do it despite him saying it isnt a problem and he has dealt in circuit boards for years. There are lots of warnings that go with the mod saying if you do this wrong your player will be damaged. May pluck up the courage next month.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:02 PM   #37
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

It's a very fiddly little mod, I ruined a BD35 trying to do it myself a few years ago.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:55 PM   #38
Special Member

Jun 2010
Derby UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
It's a very fiddly little mod, I ruined a BD35 trying to do it myself a few years ago.
Thats not helping my confidence in it Have you experience in this sort of thing? My friend is confident he can do it but as you say its a very fiddly mod to fit. Did you know that you had ruined it whilst you were performing the mod or was it when you tried it after? What actually happened? Did it just refuse to work?
Old 03-15-2015, 06:39 PM   #39
Special Member

Jun 2010
Derby UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Have any otber members any experience with this mods and their difficulty in fitting. Just want a general idea of success rates before I take the plunge and get my friend to fit it (something he says looks pretty easy to do). The last thing I want is a ruined Panny.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:16 PM   #40
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

I'm not saying I'm an expert with a soldering iron, I managed to add 50/60Hz switches to my Mega Drive and Saturn but that's the limit, the Panny mod was far too fiddly for me. I couldn't get all the legs soldered, and even after I took it out the machine didn't turn on so I'd ****ed it completely. I remember that the dude I bought the mod from on ebay actually refunded me the cost of the chip. Which was nice.

Look, if your mate says he can do it you'll just have to trust him as you know him better than I do.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders