Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
20 hrs ago
Hannibal 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.42
 
Vampire Hunter D (Blu-ray)
$7.99
2 hrs ago
Justice League vs the Fatal Five (Blu-ray)
$18.99
8 hrs ago
If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Steven Seagal 4-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$8.99
 
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
33 min ago
Dragon Ball Super: Broly (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Aura Battler Dunbine: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.99
8 hrs ago
First Man (Blu-ray)
$17.00
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2015, 01:17 AM   #1
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
1028
1033
33
Question is gracenote on sony Blu-ray players not working right now

i don't understand this gracenote was working this past sunday on my sony bluray player

however, now when i stop a movie its doesn't show pic of what movie i'm watching nor actors,actress who's in it.

for an example watch bluray beauty and the beast stop when it connects to gracenote it should show title of the movie it doesn't anymore was a working last week btw

i'm just a wondering if this is doing same thing other sony bluray players and yes i do have gracenote settings to auto btw

Last edited by y2jman; 07-02-2015 at 01:43 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:44 AM   #2
Number 6 Number 6 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Number 6's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
In the Village.
Default

Experiencing same issue tonight with my Sony Blu-ray player.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:37 AM   #3
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
1028
1033
33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
Experiencing same issue tonight with my Sony Blu-ray player.
hmm well i hope the gracenote will work normal tomorrow,otherwise i'm calling them seeing what happen and i hope give me timeframe onto when everything be good again meh
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:23 PM   #4
ilovenola2 ilovenola2 is offline
Senior Member
 
ilovenola2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Mid-west Florida USA
6
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jman View Post
i don't understand this gracenote was working this past sunday on my sony bluray player

however, now when i stop a movie its doesn't show pic of what movie i'm watching nor actors,actress who's in it.

for an example watch bluray beauty and the beast stop when it connects to gracenote it should show title of the movie it doesn't anymore was a working last week btw

i'm just a wondering if this is doing same thing other sony bluray players and yes i do have gracenote settings to auto btw
I have a new Sony BDP-S6500 (great!) and the Gracenote has worked until now. I last checked it two nights ago and it was fine. Today it won't recognize blu-rays or my classical cds--- and I tried ones it recognized before.
So the problem seems to be with Gracenote and not specific machines.
Thanks for the heads-up. I would probably not have noticed the problem right away.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:21 PM   #5
steve1971 steve1971 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
steve1971's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.
270
119
1
Default

Mine worked fine when I got it set up on 6/28. Checked it today and now it dont work. What the hell?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:27 AM   #6
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
1028
1033
33
Default

i have pm some folks but it seems gracenote servers are now down

sony will not help you at all all they want to do just reset bluray player factory and delete personal data.

you have to have it on auto mode because if its on manual gracenote will not try to connect to a server which i think we all know this.

i have chatted with sony awhile ago telling them gracenote servers are mess up since weds and need to get fixed asap.

the guy said well this is a 1st i'll notify our sony team and then said maybe it will work very soon.

my advice for folks who are affected by gracenote like me rally together at least somebody try to get ahold of gracenote 1 day next week and just give an update on situation 1 (800) 833-9581

i cannot tell you if there will be an actually person or get a voicemail from somebody i have tried calling a few times yesterday that was all i got.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:15 AM   #7
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
1028
1033
33
Default

so a representive has email me and admits gracenote is currently unavailable

higher ups in technically deperartment are going to look into what's the matter with gracenote server

i have gave representive phone number gracenote but i doubt they will call them

so the burning question is now that sony knows gracenote has been mess up on bluray players since weds

when will gracenote obtain infomation again? that i don't know perhaps this coming week, week after next month or never meh
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:03 AM   #8
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
1028
1033
33
Default

for time being last update a representive from sony I'm sorry to inform you that there is a server issue from our end so that you are experiencing this issue. Our engineers are working on this to fix as soon as possible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:23 AM   #9
mattob mattob is offline
Senior Member
 
mattob's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Nashville, TN
926
1
5
1
3
Default

Sony always has problems on holidays.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #10
ilovenola2 ilovenola2 is offline
Senior Member
 
ilovenola2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Mid-west Florida USA
6
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jman View Post
for time being last update a representive from sony I'm sorry to inform you that there is a server issue from our end so that you are experiencing this issue. Our engineers are working on this to fix as soon as possible.
Sunday night about 9 PM Central Daylight Time, I was looking at my Fantasia 2000 blu-ray and, lo and behold, Gracenote opened the listing, displayed the cover and retained the entry. I put in the set's companion disc, the original Fantasia, and once again Gracenote would not display. Maybe the "work" being done actually fixed it -- for a couple of minutes.
Whatever--- it seems to show that it IS being worked on. Let's hope it's fixed soon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:06 PM   #11
steve1971 steve1971 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
steve1971's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.
270
119
1
Default

Played some Blu's over the holiday weekend and Gracenote still wasnt working. Sure hope Sony fixes the issue because its the only issue my little 5500 has! Otherwise its a flawless player.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:37 PM   #12
ilovenola2 ilovenola2 is offline
Senior Member
 
ilovenola2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Mid-west Florida USA
6
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post
Played some Blu's over the holiday weekend and Gracenote still wasnt working. Sure hope Sony fixes the issue because its the only issue my little 5500 has! Otherwise its a flawless player.
Gracenote was still not working last night. Hope they get it fixed soon because, Steve1971, I agree about the "flawlessness" of the 5500. I'm delighted with mine and a friend just ordered one yesterday on my recommendation.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
steve1971 (07-15-2015)
Old 07-09-2015, 01:00 AM   #13
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
1028
1033
33
Default

you guys think gracenote will be a working sometime before end of the month or not
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 04:53 AM   #14
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
1028
1033
33
Default

ok i'm no longer going to contact sony folks now last few days and awhile ago i have also been in contact with gracenote via twitter

i told them sony got problems since the 1st trying to get it fixed well gracenote is also going to look into this and get back to me

so folks god as my witness i hope gracenote will work next week or this

gracenote know now tonight i will not say nothing else for a good while btw
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:41 PM   #15
MacinMan MacinMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL
26
Send a message via AIM to MacinMan Send a message via MSN to MacinMan Send a message via Yahoo to MacinMan
Default

I just bought this player today as an upgrade from a BDP-s3100, two things don't seem to work for me, grace note, and recommendations. Everything else works including online services, firmware updates etc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #16
ilovenola2 ilovenola2 is offline
Senior Member
 
ilovenola2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Mid-west Florida USA
6
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
I just bought this player today as an upgrade from a BDP-s3100, two things don't seem to work for me, grace note, and recommendations. Everything else works including online services, firmware updates etc.
The Gracenote simply ceased working recently. I obtained my player about three weeks ago and Gracenote worked fine until just before the 4th of July holiday weekend. Y2jman has been in contact with both companies (see his posts above). We can only hope that the Gracenote situation will be resolved soon. As to "recommendations," I didn't even know about that feature but I am not a person who wants millennial recommendations anyway. LOL.
On the whole, I love the player and look forward to the restoration of Gracenote. And thanks again to Y2jman for his efforts to find out what's going on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:28 PM   #17
MacinMan MacinMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL
26
Send a message via AIM to MacinMan Send a message via MSN to MacinMan Send a message via Yahoo to MacinMan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenola2 View Post
The Gracenote simply ceased working recently. I obtained my player about three weeks ago and Gracenote worked fine until just before the 4th of July holiday weekend. Y2jman has been in contact with both companies (see his posts above). We can only hope that the Gracenote situation will be resolved soon. As to "recommendations," I didn't even know about that feature but I am not a person who wants millennial recommendations anyway. LOL.
On the whole, I love the player and look forward to the restoration of Gracenote. And thanks again to Y2jman for his efforts to find out what's going on.
By the way, I didn't realize it but i actually bought the 6500 instead of the 5500 as far as Gracenote i didn't even know there was an issue until i came here after seeing it not work on the new player. It had been working on my 3100 all along unless I didn't notice it as the info for the blu-ray had already been downloaded.

Anyway the player has been great.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ilovenola2 (07-12-2015)
Old 07-13-2015, 04:33 AM   #18
CrowBluman CrowBluman is offline
Member
 
CrowBluman's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Montana
Default

Gracenote is still down on my Sony 7200.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:42 AM   #19
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
1028
1033
33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowBluman View Post
Gracenote is still down on my Sony 7200.
i'll prob asked gracenote twitter sometime this week chat sony today they won't tell me when gracenote will be working again it been 2 weeks

top engine's team working on it but can't give any info out actually day when it will be working sorry sorry sony

at least just say will be working 1 day this week the next or week after instead of leaving folks out in the darkness so to speak meh
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:10 PM   #20
steve1971 steve1971 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
steve1971's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.
270
119
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jman View Post
i'll prob asked gracenote twitter sometime this week chat sony today they won't tell me when gracenote will be working again it been 2 weeks

top engine's team working on it but can't give any info out actually day when it will be working sorry sorry sony

at least just say will be working 1 day this week the next or week after instead of leaving folks out in the darkness so to speak meh

y2jman thanks for all your help in trying to get the Gracenote issue thing resolved. I called Sony myself just yesterday and they are aware of the issue and are trying to get it fixed......yea what year? My little 5500 is an ass kicker of a player and the only fricken issue is Gracenote and Sony dont seem to be too much in a rush to fix it.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:35 AM.