Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Puppet Master: The Blu-ray Col… $19.95 (86% claimed)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.42
20 hrs ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
11 hrs ago
Steven Seagal 4-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$8.99
 
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Justice League vs The Fatal Five 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26
3 hrs ago
Princess Principal: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
First Man (Blu-ray)
$17.00
22 hrs ago
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Casablanca (Blu-ray)
$5.99
22 hrs ago
Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
14 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2015, 08:14 PM   #21
MacinMan MacinMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL
26
Send a message via AIM to MacinMan Send a message via MSN to MacinMan Send a message via Yahoo to MacinMan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post
y2jman thanks for all your help in trying to get the Gracenote issue thing resolved. I called Sony myself just yesterday and they are aware of the issue and are trying to get it fixed......yea what year? My little 5500 is an ass kicker of a player and the only fricken issue is Gracenote and Sony dont seem to be too much in a rush to fix it.

This question is a little unrelated, but having the 5500 i figured you could answer it. Did the complete 5x series get the updated and modern Netflix interface? or does it still have the old one? I know the 6500 I got has the new interface e.g. the same interface Roku uses and others. Was just curious. I was aiming for the 5500, and bought the 6500 by accident, so I got extra features without knowing it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:47 PM   #22
ilovenola2 ilovenola2 is offline
Senior Member
 
ilovenola2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Mid-west Florida USA
6
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
This question is a little unrelated, but having the 5500 i figured you could answer it. Did the complete 5x series get the updated and modern Netflix interface? or does it still have the old one? I know the 6500 I got has the new interface e.g. the same interface Roku uses and others. Was just curious. I was aiming for the 5500, and bought the 6500 by accident, so I got extra features without knowing it.
My 6500 also has the "new" interface on Netflix-- which I loathe even more than the previous slog through everything you've seen or sampled and cannot delete. I'm looking at Hulu Plus which I've never used. We'll see.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:54 PM   #23
MacinMan MacinMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL
26
Send a message via AIM to MacinMan Send a message via MSN to MacinMan Send a message via Yahoo to MacinMan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovenola2 View Post
My 6500 also has the "new" interface on Netflix-- which I loathe even more than the previous slog through everything you've seen or sampled and cannot delete. I'm looking at Hulu Plus which I've never used. We'll see.
I think the netflix UI has gone down in quality as far as programming and design goes. I've used Netflix several years, with and without a Disc plan. I am starting to find how they license stuff frustrating as I am finding new stuff that i enjoy watching less and less as far as the classic shows and movies I like.

I still have a few things i like but mainly i just end up watching a handful of stuff over and over again. I've serious considered going with services like VUDU, Amazon Video, and Google play, as well as optical media to get more unique stuff, and make sure I can keep it without having it randomly disappear after a period of time. I have google play on the Roku.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:17 PM   #24
CrowBluman CrowBluman is offline
Member
 
CrowBluman's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Montana
Default

Gracenote is still down on my end as of July 15th.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #25
steve1971 steve1971 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
steve1971's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.
270
119
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
This question is a little unrelated, but having the 5500 i figured you could answer it. Did the complete 5x series get the updated and modern Netflix interface? or does it still have the old one? I know the 6500 I got has the new interface e.g. the same interface Roku uses and others. Was just curious. I was aiming for the 5500, and bought the 6500 by accident, so I got extra features without knowing it.

MacinMan to answer your question yes it has the updated Netflix interface but the damn Gracenote issue has still yet to be resolved. I'm starting to wonder if its Sony or Gracenote thats causeing the mess.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:47 PM   #26
MacinMan MacinMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL
26
Send a message via AIM to MacinMan Send a message via MSN to MacinMan Send a message via Yahoo to MacinMan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post
MacinMan to answer your question yes it has the updated Netflix interface but the damn Gracenote issue has still yet to be resolved. I'm starting to wonder if its Sony or Gracenote thats causeing the mess.

@ steve1971,

From my experience owning Sony players I've seen different features break and get fixed several times. Doesn't seem to matter which model it is.

For instance, the last player i owned before this was the BDP-s3100, and the last major issue was the Revision 3 app was broken for a few months, before it finally got fixed. As far as Gracenote, I only discovered that when I played a disc. I seem to do that less as I stream more now.

I hope they get it resolved soon.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
steve1971 (07-17-2015)
Old 07-18-2015, 09:51 PM   #27
MacinMan MacinMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL
26
Send a message via AIM to MacinMan Send a message via MSN to MacinMan Send a message via Yahoo to MacinMan
Default

I wanted to confirm the Gracenote issue isn't limited to the x500 series. I just tested with my old 3100 and Graceone is also not working on that either. Seems to be all sony players.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ilovenola2 (07-18-2015)
Old 07-19-2015, 01:08 AM   #28
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
1028
1033
33
Default

i need to try to get in touch gracenote again via twitter but i dread it

i bet gracenote will never get fixed this month on sony bluray players maybe next or never
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:41 AM   #29
AKORIS AKORIS is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
AKORIS's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest
2469
19
Default

yeah, I haven't seen it working for a long time either... (own a Sony player)
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:54 AM   #30
MacinMan MacinMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL
26
Send a message via AIM to MacinMan Send a message via MSN to MacinMan Send a message via Yahoo to MacinMan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jman View Post
i need to try to get in touch gracenote again via twitter but i dread it

i bet gracenote will never get fixed this month on sony bluray players maybe next or never
I wouldn't go that far, Things have broken before of different degrees and they've always been fixed in the end. Just be thankful what broke, isn't something that really matters such as the playability of content. Even though we can't get the media info right now, we still can enjoy the content which is the most important.

As long as i've owned Sony players, I've seen Gracenote functionality come and go a few times.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
steve1971 (07-20-2015)
Old 07-20-2015, 03:49 PM   #31
steve1971 steve1971 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
steve1971's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.
270
119
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
I wouldn't go that far, Things have broken before of different degrees and they've always been fixed in the end. Just be thankful what broke, isn't something that really matters such as the playability of content. Even though we can't get the media info right now, we still can enjoy the content which is the most important.

As long as i've owned Sony players, I've seen Gracenote functionality come and go a few times.

I have to agree. I wasnt happy about Gracenote not working but honestly it isnt a big deal. As long as it plays my Blu and dvd's and streams great I have no issues with my 5500. If gets fixed it gets fixed and if it dont then it dont. All I care about again is how it plays my movies and steaming which I have zero issues with.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:34 AM   #32
CrowBluman CrowBluman is offline
Member
 
CrowBluman's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Montana
Default

Gracenote is still busted as of Jully 20th.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:42 PM   #33
MacinMan MacinMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL
26
Send a message via AIM to MacinMan Send a message via MSN to MacinMan Send a message via Yahoo to MacinMan
Default

Grace note seems to work today on my players, but question, while the older BDP-S3100 shows the cover art in the Cross media interface, the new 6500 still only shows the generic disc icon for the play disc option, but when doing video search it got the info. Is the new interface not supposed to show the cover art when a disc is loaded? I'm just getting used to the new layout, i'm used to the cross media interface.

Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:10 AM   #34
CrowBluman CrowBluman is offline
Member
 
CrowBluman's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Montana
Default

Gracenote is back up on my end.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ilovenola2 (07-24-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 05:12 AM   #35
mikesncc1701 mikesncc1701 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
mikesncc1701's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Jacksonville, FL
15
1438
707
572
1
22
Default

Popped in my Zodiac disc to check out a scene last night and yep, gracenote is working for me as well.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ilovenola2 (07-24-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #36
ilovenola2 ilovenola2 is offline
Senior Member
 
ilovenola2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Mid-west Florida USA
6
26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowBluman View Post
Gracenote is back up on my end.
Me, too!! Glad its back.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:04 AM   #37
y2jman y2jman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2014
tennessee
1028
1033
33
Default

yep i just fire up beauty and the beast bluray fast forward a few scenes stop it work
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ilovenola2 (07-25-2015)
Old 07-25-2015, 01:23 AM   #38
juan1006 juan1006 is offline
Member
 
juan1006's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
BRENTWOOD CA
1002
493
Default

Likewise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:26 AM   #39
Abominus Abominus is offline
Member
 
Abominus's Avatar
 
Mar 2015
Detroit, MI
714
244
Default

I own both the Sony BDP-CX7000ES and the Sony BDP-CX960. Sony no longer supports Gracenotes on either of them. Due to the fact that they are both 400 disc blu-ray changers, I now have to type in the information for each disc I add manually. It's been a few years since Sony has pushed any firmware updates to these players. Why Sony would discontinue Gracenotes or any support for these blu-ray changers is beyond me but I think that it was a very poor decision on their part. They are both great players and it would be great if Sony reconsidered support for these players. For those of you that had to do with out Gracenotes for a short period of time, consider yourselves fortunate.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:49 AM   #40
the_Inspector_069 the_Inspector_069 is offline
New Member
 
Feb 2018
Belleville, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to the_Inspector_069 Send a message via Skype™ to the_Inspector_069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abominus View Post
I own both the Sony BDP-CX7000ES and the Sony BDP-CX960. Sony no longer supports Gracenotes on either of them. Due to the fact that they are both 400 disc blu-ray changers, I now have to type in the information for each disc I add manually. It's been a few years since Sony has pushed any firmware updates to these players. Why Sony would discontinue Gracenotes or any support for these blu-ray changers is beyond me but I think that it was a very poor decision on their part. They are both great players and it would be great if Sony reconsidered support for these players. For those of you that had to do with out Gracenotes for a short period of time, consider yourselves fortunate.
My heart goes out to everyone that has this Sony 400 Disc Mega Changer.
Let's clarify a few things. Sony has nothing to do with the Gracenotes issue. As of May of 2017, the player will only pull up text, but no graphics. This is documented on the Sony website. This is due to Gracenotes changing how information is accessed. Even before this change, I have had always issues with obtaining DVD Cover Art. Blurays weren't as big of an issue. It does disgust me that after spending the money that we all did, Sony released only two firmware updates. The last one in 2011. This will be the last time that I ever spend that much on a Sony product.

It would be nice if savy programmer would create a virtual Gracenotes database, where you're able to input your Cover Art, and information, connect your computer to the player directly, and it would pull up the graphics as well as the information and save it in the players' memory.

Last edited by the_Inspector_069; 11-22-2018 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Adding an additional thought.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:11 PM.