Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (Switch)
$29.99
5 hrs ago
NBA 2K23 (Switch)
$19.99
1 day ago
Death's Door (Switch)
$19.99

Pokemon Violet (Switch)
$54.93

Lego Brawls (Switch)
$19.99

Chaos;Head Noah / Chaos;Child Double Pack (Switch)
$42.99
1 day ago
Streets of Rage 4 (Switch)
$24.89

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion (Switch)
$47.99

Airoheart (Switch)
$34.15

Redout 2 (Switch)
$39.99

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R (Switch)
$29.99

Final Vendetta (Switch)
$40.69
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 11-30-2022, 11:09 AM   #461
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyG View Post
Nice! But the soundtrack bundle is a rip-off.
It may be multiple CDs.
We will see.
They charged $20 more for the soundtrack + stickers in case of Astro Aqua Kitty, so I assume it's multiple CDs.
If only Limited Run would do a proper job and list details like Strictly Limited does, sigh.

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm stupid. They only charge $15 for this soundtrack, so seems to be 1 disc, but $15 is a fair price. It's what they always charge. To my knowledge there has never been a soundtrack release for this.

Quote:
I never played any of these games growing up (I grew up with The Learning Company, Edmark, and MECC games, along with the UK-based magazine + floppy disk series PC Genius). But I'll keep an eye out for my nephew/niece.
They use the same engine as classic LucasArts adventure games like Indiana Jones, Day of the Tentacle or Sam'n Max.
(Where are these on Switch, Disney?)

What's sad is that there were tons more games, but those weren't ported (yet?) to Switch, so not the fault of this collection.

https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/H...tainment/Games
There were 8 Freddy Fish games.
7 Pajama Sam games.
11 Putt-Putt games.
and 5 Spy Fox games.
(only counting SCUMM ones)

Last edited by jimidini; 11-30-2022 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:01 PM   #462
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post
It's greed.
And yes, it's disgusting.
For other games I'm glad that Japan releases some of them on just one cart.
For example Blaster Master Zero. All 3 games on one cart only.
And I got it cheaper than one single game on cart from LRG.

It's one thing when you do something like Strictly Limited with their Wonder Boy collection, which has actually fantastic value. But this here is pure rip off. To be fair Strictly Limited pulled something like this with their Turrican collection, which was also split into two.

Atari is also not some poor indie label. This should not only be on one cart, but it should be a regular release.
Yeah, I was interested in them until I saw the price. 70 bucks for the set is insane.

I used to buy so much from LRG, but I've really gotten sour to them by their increasing need for greed and incredible run times. Over a year for some stuff is starting to get a bit much. I used order a few titles a month, yet now, the last game I purchased from them was Contra Collection.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:06 PM   #463
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolverOcelScott View Post
Yeah, I was interested in them until I saw the price. 70 bucks for the set is insane.
It's 60 bucks for just the cart, and 75 bucks for the cart + soundtrack.

The 6 games included are not mini-games but full-size games.
I don't have a problem with 60 bucks. And the games are 15 bucks EACH digitally. On sale 10 bucks.
In other cases they split trilogies up into 3 releases, which were then 3x 35 = 105 bucks. Now that's insane.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:31 PM   #464
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2020

Quote:
It's 60 bucks for just the cart, and 75 bucks for the cart + soundtrack.

The 6 games included are not mini-games but full-size games.
I don't have a problem with 60 bucks. And the games are 15 bucks EACH digitally. On sale 10 bucks.
In other cases they split trilogies up into 3 releases, which were then 3x 35 = 105 bucks. Now that's insane.
I'm talking about the Atari set, sorry for the mixup.
Thanks given by:
jimidini (11-30-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 12:32 PM   #465
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolverOcelScott View Post
I'm talking about the Atari set, sorry for the mixup.
Oh, yeah that's a major rip off. Agreed
Was my fault. I was busy buying Fox'n Forests, finally found it for a good price (physically, OOP, Strictly Limited).
Thanks given by:
RevolverOcelScott (11-30-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 02:33 AM   #466
Power Member

Dec 2009
Canada

Old 12-04-2022, 11:13 AM   #467
Expert Member

Aug 2019
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean H View Post
[Show spoiler]
Before I had even seen the Atari logo, I said to myself, don't tell me Atari are issuing a SINGLE game on a cartridge this time.

And lo and behold...

Like they weren't taking the piss enough with their stingy 2-in-1 releases.

And I wish they'd hurry up with the retro A Boy and His Blob collection as I'd want to play that before the Wii port.
Thanks given by:
jimidini (12-04-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 01:06 PM   #468
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyG View Post
Before I had even seen the Atari logo, I said to myself, don't tell me Atari are issuing a SINGLE game on a cartridge this time.

And lo and behold...

Like they weren't taking the piss enough with their stingy 2-in-1 releases.

And I wish they'd hurry up with the retro A Boy and His Blob collection as I'd want to play that before the Wii port.
At the very least it should be the same price or slightly higher than the digital version (an extra $5 at most). It's $19.99 digitally normally. A 100% physical tax when you include shipping is pure greed. When Ducktales, Shovel Knight, Minecraft or Star wars two pack reached brick-and-mortar stores the price was the same.
Thanks given by:
jimidini (12-04-2022)
Old 12-17-2022, 06:54 PM   #469
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Anyone else think LRG is in a bit of a glut of late? There hasn't been a lot of especially appealing Switch titles for me in many months. The only recent titles I've ordered are NeoGeo Pocket Collection Vol 2, Star Wars: KOTOR, and Radiant Silvergun.
Old 12-21-2022, 04:52 AM   #470
Expert Member

Aug 2019
Sydney, Australia

I'm still holding out for A Boy and His Blob: Retro Collection, which I would rather play before the port of the Wii game (which LRG had previously taken pre-orders for).

I'm also hoping for a standalone release of the DOOM Eternal expansion missions. I strongly suspect that LRG's release of the base game will be a tailor-made build on a 16GB cart, while Bethesda will probably also produce a standalone build of the expansions that will similarly be housed in a 16GB cart.
Old 12-22-2022, 04:13 PM   #471
Power Member

Dec 2009
Canada

Old 12-22-2022, 11:20 PM   #472
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Banger of a soundtrack on this one.
Thanks given by:
emailking (12-23-2022)
Old 01-02-2023, 05:31 PM   #473
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Big blow out event happening at LRG today started at Noon EST. Limited quantities of leftover items for items previously sold out. If you feel lucky, you can grab blind boxes.

https://limitedrungames.com/

The event lasts 24 hours, but a lot of the most sought after, limited items are already gone. I was able to snag a few Switch games I wanted, but previously missed out on.

Star Wars Episode I: Racer
Shantae
Shantae: Risky's Revenge

A little disappointed I had Shantae and the Seven Sirens and Grandia HD Collection in my cart, but they were sold out before my number in line was called.
Old 01-02-2023, 05:41 PM   #474
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
A little disappointed I had Shantae and the Seven Sirens and Grandia HD Collection in my cart, but they were sold out before my number in line was called.
I really had it with LRG.

First of all they lock the whole website down for hours, which is fine if I could at least login in advance. I can't. And of course login wastes time with a captcha on top.

I had 3 items in my cart.
The Missing CE
Forgotton Anne CE
and Fata Morgana CE.

Now I get put in a queue for 5 minutes, and after that Fata Morgana is sold out.

Okay, fine.try to checkout.

What happens?
Your address is longer than 50 characters.
NO, IT ****ING ISN'T
Try another address

Remove the Missing from the cart.
Maybe the overall dimensions are too large?
SOMEHOW it's fine now and I can finally checkout. With massive postages costs, but whatever.

Now I think what's going on, place a second order with Atooi CE for 3DS as well as 3 Blind boxes. That goes through as well.

I'm going WTF.

Now I finally try to order "The Missing" and that fails.
And fails.
And fails.

I write to the support that I'm getting silly error messages that make no sense and that they should fix it.

Out of curiosity I try again after another 10 minutes and The Missing CE was still listed as available.

NOW SOMEHOW IT FINDS POSTAGE, which was even pretty cheap $11.
But then BLAMO sold out.

**** THEM, REALLY **** THEM. What the **** is wrong with these idiots, how hard is it to make ordering work? Why not have actual proper error messages instead of complaining about things that aren't true. And why the **** not lock these items to the customer WHEN YOU ALREADY GOT A STUPID QUEUE GOING ON.

So now I'm paying around $46 postage, because of these hacks, and I wasn't able to get 2 Collector's Editions, which I wanted to get. And at least 1 of them is entirely their fault.

EDIT: Bonus - just got a reply from support. "we are so sorry, but we fixed it now". Yeah, I know. Your message was 15-20 minutes too late. WHAT THE ****. They fix it because of my email and can't contact me right immediately or even right before fixing it, so that I can get my order in? Nope. Just fix it and send a reply 5 or 10 minutes later. That'll do.

Last edited by jimidini; 01-02-2023 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:12 PM   #475
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Grabbed a few more.

PixelJunk Eden 2
One Switch Blind Box (Regular Edition)
Mega Man: The Wily Wars (Genesis)

Obviously, the last one isn't for the Switch, but the edition looked amazing and I always loved Mega Man.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:15 PM   #476
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
I really had it with LRG.

First of all they lock the whole website down for hours, which is fine if I could at least login in advance. I can't. And of course login wastes time with a captcha on top.

I had 3 items in my cart.
The Missing CE
Forgotton Anne CE
and Fata Morgana CE.

Now I get put in a queue for 5 minutes, and after that Fata Morgana is sold out.

Okay, fine.try to checkout.

What happens?
NO, IT ****ING ISN'T
Try another address

Remove the Missing from the cart.
Maybe the overall dimensions are too large?
SOMEHOW it's fine now and I can finally checkout. With massive postages costs, but whatever.

Now I think what's going on, place a second order with Atooi CE for 3DS as well as 3 Blind boxes. That goes through as well.

I'm going WTF.

Now I finally try to order "The Missing" and that fails.
And fails.
And fails.

I write to the support that I'm getting silly error messages that make no sense and that they should fix it.

Out of curiosity I try again after another 10 minutes and The Missing CE was still listed as available.

NOW SOMEHOW IT FINDS POSTAGE, which was even pretty cheap $11.
But then BLAMO sold out.

**** THEM, REALLY **** THEM. What the **** is wrong with these idiots, how hard is it to make ordering work? Why not have actual proper error messages instead of complaining about things that aren't true. And why the **** not lock these items to the customer WHEN YOU ALREADY GOT A STUPID QUEUE GOING ON.

So now I'm paying around $46 postage, because of these hacks, and I wasn't able to get 2 Collector's Editions, which I wanted to get. And at least 1 of them is entirely their fault.

EDIT: Bonus - just got a reply from support. "we are so sorry, but we fixed it now". Yeah, I know. Your message was 15-20 minutes too late. WHAT THE ****. They fix it because of my email and can't contact me right immediately or even right before fixing it, so that I can get my order in? Nope. Just fix it and send a reply 5 or 10 minutes later. That'll do.
Yeah, the first half hour was a sh*t show. I literally missed out on Grandia HD because of their stupid checkout issues.
Old 01-02-2023, 07:16 PM   #477
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Really wanted the shock box Metal Slug Collection on PS4. Had it and Infernax in my cart and had the shipping address issue. By the time it resolved, no more Metal Slug. Got some other stuff but wasn’t happy. Also didn’t like how the cart kept bugging out so I had to make three orders and pay for shipping three times because I couldn’t put it all in one. They’re getting on my last nerve.

Last edited by dyne; 01-02-2023 at 07:32 PM.
Thanks given by:
ChadFL (01-02-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 06:05 AM   #478
Power Member

Dec 2009
Canada

Old 01-12-2023, 09:33 PM   #479
Power Member

Dec 2009
Canada

Old 01-12-2023, 09:39 PM   #480
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Very nice, Return to Monkey Island is the first newly announced LRG game in awhile I'm interested in. Solid looking collector's edition, but not something I can justify $90 for. Probably getting the regular edition.
Thanks given by:
jimidini (01-14-2023)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch