Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.47

The LEGO Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.53
1 day ago
The Diamond Wizard 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.41

Paranormal Activity: The Ultimate Chills Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

Monster Hunt (Blu-ray)
$15.23

Sharks 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.74

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Trolls World Tour 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.73

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Smurfs 2 in 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.61

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 11-27-2022, 10:31 PM   #2921

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Thanks for the details. I didn't know Panasonic made you send in your receipt just to be able to get the Avatar blu ray 3D bundled with the 3DTV. That stinks but it's good they finally got to you.
I was expecting the blu ray 3D was already included within the box, which would've been cool as it would let you watch it right away to enjoy the 3DTV, versus waiting for it to arrive. That was Panasonic's fault there, in addition to securing an exclusive on that film and hindering the entire 3DTV market's biggest reason (Avatar 3D) to have a 3DTV because of it.
I was able to afford a Panasonic 3D Blu-ray unfortunately after the Avatar rebate. I bought the 3D Panasonic Promo of it from a filmaker for $100.
Old 11-28-2022, 01:10 AM   #2922
Special Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post
That's bad. How were they stolen?
I trusted the wrong person when I was in the hospital for two weeks (pulmonary embolism and other fun things).
Old 11-28-2022, 09:45 PM   #2923
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post
I was able to afford a Panasonic 3D Blu-ray unfortunately after the Avatar rebate. I bought the 3D Panasonic Promo of it from a filmaker for $100.
Yes, that's expensive for 1 movie, but understandable back then since it's still a lot cheaper than buying that $1000+ 3DTV. But good to hear some who bought the TV, say it's still going without issues. I heard Plasma has a shorter lifespan if true than regular type TVs.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:08 PM   #2924
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2021

Quote:
Yes, that's expensive for 1 movie, but understandable back then since it's still a lot cheaper than buying that $1000+ 3DTV. But good to hear some who bought the TV, say it's still going without issues. I heard Plasma has a shorter lifespan if true than regular type TVs.
I'm still torn on this as LCD TVs were pretty terrible then, so I can see why JCam might not have been opposed to the Panasonic deal. Though I'd say the bluray should have been in the box, buying a primo 3D and not having the 3D hype movie to immediately watch on it...what were they thinking?

While it wasn't a 3D plasma, I did see a contemporary Panasonic plasma for sale and the review I read of it (to confirm it isn't 3D) pointed out that its blacks brightened up quickly after a year of use.

Plasma/OLED do seem to have a much more limited life than LED, but since folks here have plasma that are still operational maybe the lifespan isn't so bad as I've been led to believe.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:58 PM   #2925
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Discovered_3D View Post
I'm still torn on this as LCD TVs were pretty terrible then, so I can see why JCam might not have been opposed to the Panasonic deal. Though I'd say the bluray should have been in the box, buying a primo 3D and not having the 3D hype movie to immediately watch on it...what were they thinking?

While it wasn't a 3D plasma, I did see a contemporary Panasonic plasma for sale and the review I read of it (to confirm it isn't 3D) pointed out that its blacks brightened up quickly after a year of use.

Plasma/OLED do seem to have a much more limited life than LED, but since folks here have plasma that are still operational maybe the lifespan isn't so bad as I've been led to believe.
Thanks. Yes, I heard there is the concern of burn in of still images that become permanently burned onto the screen as a faint image for some TVs. That is terrible to have to worry about that kind of stuff. Like if watching a Football or sports game, the Icons and scores on the screen, or in video games with the HUD icons always stable in the same spot, plus the concern of a shorter life span overall. But I guess it depends on the brand too.
Old 11-29-2022, 11:32 PM   #2926
Special Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Thanks. Yes, I heard there is the concern of burn in of still images that become permanently burned onto the screen as a faint image for some TVs. That is terrible to have to worry about that kind of stuff. Like if watching a Football or sports game, the Icons and scores on the screen, or in video games with the HUD icons always stable in the same spot, plus the concern of a shorter life span overall. But I guess it depends on the brand too.
My Panasonic plasma sometimes has a short term image retention, 1/2 hour later it's gone. Don't even notice it anymore, but it did cause a lot of anxiety until I realized it wasn't permanent.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:17 PM   #2927

Dec 2014
SE Mass, USA, Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaugone View Post
My Panasonic plasma sometimes has a short term image retention, 1/2 hour later it's gone. Don't even notice it anymore, but it did cause a lot of anxiety until I realized it wasn't permanent.
Years ago, there was a user on one of the HDTV boards named DNice. He posted all kinds of really great info like calibration numbers for specific TVs to try as a starting point, etc. One thing he posted was a file set of images, just solid colors, and he recommended putting them on a thumb drive and setting your plasma tv to cycle through them all for some number of hours. I cannot recall exactly what the claimed benefit was, but it supposedly helped with burn in and other things. I may still have the file set somewhere.
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 02:58 AM   #2928
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

Dnice did my Panasonic Plasma calibration.
Thanks given by:
Emoto (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 03:20 PM   #2929
Special Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Years ago, there was a user on one of the HDTV boards named DNice. He posted all kinds of really great info like calibration numbers for specific TVs to try as a starting point, etc. One thing he posted was a file set of images, just solid colors, and he recommended putting them on a thumb drive and setting your plasma tv to cycle through them all for some number of hours. I cannot recall exactly what the claimed benefit was, but it supposedly helped with burn in and other things. I may still have the file set somewhere.
I have the Disney WOW disc, it has the anti retention thing (still on my first cuppa) that cycles all the pixels through all the colors and brightness. It looks like static or digital snow when running.
Thanks given by:
Emoto (12-02-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 09:16 PM   #2930
Special Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Nobody has reported on the Dual Pack specifically, but the individual releases were both recorded as region free so not much reason to believe Fox repressed the discs and locked them after the fact.

23+ sounds like a seriously good deal and shipped direct from Amazon .
Found it on Amazon US for $27 total, I think the shipping on the UK edition would have made the total price even higher. And it only takes three days to get here.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:10 AM   #2931
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaugone View Post
Found it on Amazon US for $27 total, I think the shipping on the UK edition would have made the total price even higher. And it only takes three days to get here.
Yes, that's what the post was talking about a few days ago except the Dual Avatar/Titanic 3D was 23 then and Amazon.com

Not the $18 deal it was a few years ago, but when the Avatar only has been 30-50 shipped from US or UK over the last year or so, it's still a great deal for anyone that needs both (or even one)
Old 12-04-2022, 06:41 PM   #2932
Special Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Yes, that's what the post was talking about a few days ago except the Dual Avatar/Titanic 3D was 23 then and Amazon.com

Not the $18 deal it was a few years ago, but when the Avatar only has been 30-50 shipped from US or UK over the last year or so, it's still a great deal for anyone that needs both (or even one)
That's me, days late and dollars short.
Thanks given by:
Blu-Ray 3D President (12-04-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 04:29 PM   #2933

Mar 2013
Gloucester, England, UK

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1670392803

Unconfirmed Avatar and Abyss 4k release in 2023.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:49 PM   #2934

Apr 2020
Kerala, India

Long shot, but I wish the remastered 3D version gets released on 3D Blu-ray in 2023D.
Thanks given by:
Darryl2727 (12-11-2022), Jlardonio (12-08-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 06:39 PM   #2935
Power Member

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitwikKN2002 View Post
Long shot, but I wish the remastered 3D version gets released on 3D Blu-ray in 2023D.
That I can live without. The 3D extended cut needs priority.
Thanks given by:
AaronWilson (12-11-2022), Darryl2727 (12-11-2022), Jlardonio (12-08-2022), morphinapg (12-13-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 02:29 AM   #2936
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelkhan999 View Post
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1670392803

Unconfirmed Avatar and Abyss 4k release in 2023.
Bernardette: " It's like I was excited for a present and got socks."
Old 12-08-2022, 05:11 PM   #2937

Dec 2022

Recently went to watch my 3D blu of Avatar for the first time on my LG TV and player and when the 'turn on your glasses now' message came up it lost the 3D signal and ejected. Bought a second copy and it does the same. I have the LG passive glasses.

Does anyone know what's going on here?
Old 12-08-2022, 06:19 PM   #2938
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainf View Post
Recently went to watch my 3D blu of Avatar for the first time on my LG TV and player and when the 'turn on your glasses now' message came up it lost the 3D signal and ejected. Bought a second copy and it does the same. I have the LG passive glasses.

Check firmware versions if they're all updated. Possible that the player might need to have its firmware updated.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:27 PM   #2939

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainf View Post

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. You say it says turn on your glasses now but you have a passive TV and glasses? How do you turn on passive glasses?
Old 12-08-2022, 08:38 PM   #2940
Special Member

Jul 2009

Several Fox discs say “Turn on your 3D glasses”, possibly because that’s what Panasonic used?
Thanks given by:
Smaugone (12-17-2022)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies