Best PS5 Games Deals

Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Callisto Protocol (PS5)
$49.99

Marvel's Midnight Suns (PS5)
$49.99

Forspoken (PS5)
$69.88
4 hrs ago
Fallen Legion (PS5)
$39.99

Syberia: The World Before (PS5)
$29.99

Tactics Ogre: Reborn (PS5)
$34.99

New Tales from the Borderlands Deluxe Edition (PS5)
$19.99

Arcadegeddon (PS5)
$19.99

JoJoís Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R (PS5)
$29.99

Greedfall (PS5)
$14.38

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (PS5)
$29.92

Among Us (PS5)
$14.38

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 12-03-2022, 08:53 PM   #461
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
San Antonio, TX

Just finished up my platinum. I played through the PS4 version of the game because I got a great deal on it. Now I'll wait till they update the game with NG+ and photo mode before I start my PS5 replay.

Overall I had a blast with the game. I like the way they updated the combat. Great use of the controller. I mean something as simple as pressing up to switch between arrows and the arrows having different abilities was nice.

As a dad, I really enjoyed the father and son moments.

Cleanup wasn't all that bad because the map shows your stats. I did have a piece of lore in the Plains that I had to use a guide on. I was walking right around that piece for lore for like 20 minutes before I gave up.

I did switch to easy to finish up the King and Queen. I'm fine with that.
Old 12-03-2022, 09:30 PM   #462

Oct 2012
-
-
-

Have a code ps5 of this game for sale. Came with my ps5 and i dont do digital.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:34 AM   #463
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Anyone else think it was stupid of the creators to make us go hunt that mask and after we get the pieces we don’t get to see what it actually does?
Thanks given by:
3dblurayofsunshine (12-08-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 05:21 PM   #464
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratandjmt View Post
Cleanup wasn't all that bad because the map shows your stats. I did have a piece of lore in the Plains that I had to use a guide on. I was walking right around that piece for lore for like 20 minutes before I gave up.
I did all the side stuff before finishing the main story, but I did have to look up one thing. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what dragon I was missing.
[Show spoiler]It was the one on DRAGON Beach that had been turned to stone. Yeah, I felt dumb after looking that one up.

Quote:
I did switch to easy to finish up the King and Queen. I'm fine with that.
I didn't even think about doing that. I've only tried fighting each of them once, so after I try a few more times I might have to do that too.
Old 12-05-2022, 12:10 AM   #465
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
San Antonio, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwoArms View Post

I didn't even think about doing that. I've only tried fighting each of them once, so after I try a few more times I might have to do that too.
After a few tries, I just said screw it.
Old 12-05-2022, 02:02 AM   #466
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratandjmt View Post
After a few tries, I just said screw it.
I did the same thing, man. I just don’t have the time or patience to master those fights. They were the only fights between both of the new God of War games that felt cheap to me. Anyway, just wrapped up the platinum. I’m not usually a trophy hunter but with a game like this I enjoy doing everything.
Thanks given by:
ratandjmt (12-06-2022)
Old 12-05-2022, 08:25 PM   #467
Special Member

Sep 2016

Photo mode added today https://blog.playstation.com/2022/12...-war-ragnarok/

And some fixes https://support.sms.playstation.com/...11124686902925
Old 12-06-2022, 09:11 PM   #468
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Send a message via AIM to QuasidodoJr

Finally got around to playing this. First game I’ve played on Playstation in a while, so it’s felt weird getting used to a PS controller again. The game is really, really good! I’ve been enjoying the story and combat a lot. It obviously looks fantastic on my LG OLED panel at 60 fps. My only complaint with the game is too many puzzles. I’m not a puzzle guy, so I don’t mind a few puzzles here and there. But this game is literally a new puzzle every 10 steps. I’m contemplating using a spoiler-free walkthrough, just to get past the constant puzzling.
Old 12-06-2022, 09:22 PM   #469
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasidodoJr View Post
Finally got around to playing this. First game Iíve played on Playstation in a while, so itís felt weird getting used to a PS controller again. The game is really, really good! Iíve been enjoying the story and combat a lot. It obviously looks fantastic on my LG OLED panel at 60 fps. My only complaint with the game is too many puzzles. Iím not a puzzle guy, so I donít mind a few puzzles here and there. But this game is literally a new puzzle every 10 steps. Iím contemplating using a spoiler-free walkthrough, just to get past the constant puzzling.
I plowed through the game so itís all a bit of a blur but IIRC the early hours are stacked with a lot of puzzles, particularly the dwarf realm. I feel like there were less puzzles as you progress.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:03 AM   #470
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Send a message via AIM to QuasidodoJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnoyes View Post
I plowed through the game so itís all a bit of a blur but IIRC the early hours are stacked with a lot of puzzles, particularly the dwarf realm. I feel like there were less puzzles as you progress.
Just finished Alfheim, seems to still be puzzles every thirty paces. The rest of the game is outstanding. The incessant switch puzzles are majorly dragging down my enjoyment, though. Not sure why they felt the need to make it such a prominent feature in the game.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:34 AM   #471
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasidodoJr View Post
Just finished Alfheim, seems to still be puzzles every thirty paces. The rest of the game is outstanding. The incessant switch puzzles are majorly dragging down my enjoyment, though. Not sure why they felt the need to make it such a prominent feature in the game.
Oh yeah I did forget about Alfheim (the game is so big there are entire realms I forgot about). There were a lot of those glowing vine puzzles there too.

My main gripe about this game would be the janky pacing and the puzzles do contribute to that.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:39 AM   #472
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2008

I liked the story and the game just fine...however, I will admit this...
[Show spoiler]that three-on-one absolute smackdown of the one-eyed elderly skinny ol' Odin...
. Reminded me of the Saturday Night Live lost ending of It's a Wonderful Life.

Last edited by Ernest Rister; 12-07-2022 at 06:38 AM.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:34 PM   #473
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwoArms View Post
I did all the side stuff before finishing the main story, but I did have to look up one thing. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what dragon I was missing.
[Show spoiler]It was the one on DRAGON Beach that had been turned to stone. Yeah, I felt dumb after looking that one up.

That one isnít required for the trophy so I didn't fight that one. Thankfully I still have my 100% save so Iíll have to pay that dragon a visit some time.

Currently am mid-way through my 3rd play through. Game is Good. Story is even better than the first. I played the first before Ragnarok. Second game is more complex story wise. Which is a good thing, otherwise I donít think Iíd be interested in even a second play through otherwise.
Old 12-08-2022, 12:23 AM   #474
Expert Member

Feb 2022

My favourite part of this game (and 2018) is finding a big area with loads of side quest objectives and hacking my way through the new enemies, exploring the new areas, seeing how it all connects. Following a dog for what I thought would be a tedious side quest in Vanaheim and seeing it open up a HUGE new area of that map that I didn't realise existed was mind blowing and really cool. I wish the whole game captured that spirit because it's fantastic.

What I really didn't like about this game was all the very last gen jank, like how only a tenth of objects that should be destructible are, or how animals you kill die in a puff of game boy pixels, or how side areas that are locked until later look like impassable doors until suddenly they aren't, and the only way to find them is to walk right up to something that looked forever closed that was forever closed up until that point.

I've always hated the God of War fast travel system, so the fact they only improved it slightly for this game was really a let down. Not to mention exploration and travel, while they are fun as can be when they are going right, can be the most miserable things in the entire game. The maps are mostly useless for knowing where to go, so you have to follow a semi broken compass that is supposed to show you were to go step by step, but in practicality doesn't always work that way. Sometimes you can spend 30 minutes grabbing a collectible you missed in one area of the map, and that quickly makes a game that has flashes of pure, incredible fun feel like the least fun thing in the world. This is also compounded by all the areas where they have 'last gen makeup' over loading areas that should not be needed on PS5, like crevices, boat crevices, cracks, crevices, holes, CREVICES, they're fine on your first play but if you backtrack to grab something and go through the wrong crevice you'll feel the pain as it takes a minute+ to go back and forth over an area that you could jog past in two seconds, on a console that could easily have it just be a jog.

I think that's probably my biggest issue with this game, is that they kept it on last gen and didn't do any extra work to make it so that current gen players weren't punished for that decision. It does feel irksome that this is designed for the PS4 first. There's no reason they couldn't have had those areas have a tiny crevice that takes 1 second to slip through, and then just had the game pause and had a 'loading' screen appear there. I'm sure PS4 players would have taken that over not being able to play it at all. Whereas it does feel really annoying to have my precious gaming hours spent watching Kratos feeling up EVERY INCH OF A CREVICE knowing full well it is a thing that does not need to exist on the PS5 version at all.

It's why this game is excellent, but a hair off a true masterpiece as far as an iterative sequel. I'd love to see a PS5 or PS6 sequel or spin off that gets rid of all that jank, it could be pure perfection. Although they'd have to make Atreus's abilities a lot more interesting if he was to become a protagonist, as his bowplay was fairly mediocre.
Old 12-08-2022, 01:17 AM   #475
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2016

You might not ever get rid of that jank. If this was a current-gen exclusive they would have just made the game more demanding in other ways that might have resulted in even worse performance. I was thinking a lot about that while playing Callisto Protocol. There's a true current-gen exclusive that is filled with even more last-gen (if not last-last-gen) jank than anything I've played in years. Minus the pretty graphics that game could have been on the PS2.

I feel like we still haven't seen any PS5/Series X exclusives that actually use the systems' power to push things forward in interesting ways. It's mostly just superficial, visual bells-and-whistles stuff that isn't worth the trade-off for worse performance. I love the quick loading in Returnal and the dimensional stuff in Rift Apart is neat, but I don't think we've seen anything that really pushes areas like level design, AI, or world building and I'm starting to wonder if it's going to happen at all.
Old 12-08-2022, 01:36 AM   #476
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
U.S.G. Ishimura

Quote:
You might not ever get rid of that jank. If this was a current-gen exclusive they would have just made the game more demanding in other ways that might have resulted in even worse performance. I was thinking a lot about that while playing Callisto Protocol. There's a true current-gen exclusive that is filled with even more last-gen (if not last-last-gen) jank than anything I've played in years. Minus the pretty graphics that game could have been on the PS2.

I feel like we still haven't seen any PS5/Series X exclusives that actually use the systems' power to push things forward in interesting ways. It's mostly just superficial, visual bells-and-whistles stuff that isn't worth the trade-off for worse performance. I love the quick loading in Returnal and the dimensional stuff in Rift Apart is neat, but I don't think we've seen anything that really pushes areas like level design, AI, or world building and I'm starting to wonder if it's going to happen at all.
Callisto is also on xbox one and ps4. And as you said, may as well be on ps2 with its level design, lol.
Thanks given by:
bradnoyes (12-08-2022)
Old 12-08-2022, 02:40 AM   #477
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
Callisto is also on xbox one and ps4. And as you said, may as well be on ps2 with its level design, lol.
For some reason I thought it was current-gen only. Maybe I got in confused with the Dead Space remake? Is that one current-gen only?
Old 12-08-2022, 06:58 AM   #478
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
For some reason I thought it was current-gen only. Maybe I got in confused with the Dead Space remake? Is that one current-gen only?
Dead Space will only be on current gen
Old 12-09-2022, 12:23 AM   #479
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2015

Still plowing through a month later now lol.
[Show spoiler]Just killed Heimdall.
So I'll just say I love how the game is self aware and makes fun of how Kratos just goes off and explores areas off the beaten path, because that's just what he does sometimes lol.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:11 AM   #480
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2011
Hunter's Dream

Christopher Judge wins for Best Performer award.
Thanks given by:
Bodyslide (12-09-2022)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5