Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
15 hrs ago
Gretel & Hansel (Blu-ray)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$13.36
22 hrs ago
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Bloodshot 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96
20 hrs ago
Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99
5 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.00

Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.00

Jonny Quest: The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray)
$21.25
15 hrs ago
Fantasy Island (Blu-ray)
$19.95
7 hrs ago
Parasite (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions

Old 12-11-2019, 06:40 AM   #1

May 2019
The Epicenter of the Universe
Send a message via Skype™ to FourEyes
Default Poll: white Collar Limited Edition Preorder

As I'm sure many of you know, only the first season of White Collar was released on Blu-Ray. For a number of reasons, I think this would be a good time for a Blu-Ray release.

But suppose the content owner, 20th Century Fox, were to have a tentative preorder for a White Collar Blu-Ray set. Suppose they had a set time limit of, say, 6 months during which they needed x number of orders to be able to justify production. Maybe they even had discount tiers where if sales reached a certain number, the price of the set went down by a certain percentage.

1. How much would you be willing to pay? At the high end? Low end?
2. How would you like the the seasons to be cased up? Single season or multi-season cases?
3. What kind of case would you want? Flipper or overlap?
4. What color would you like for the cases? Traditional blue? Or white or even clear?
5. Would you be willing to pay a higher price if the set included special features or would you prefer a lower price for a set which has little to no special features? Or somewhere in between?

I would ask about episodes per disc, but I don't think it's really necessary since we all likely know about the requisite compression and quality loss involved.

Last edited by FourEyes; 12-15-2019 at 03:39 AM. Reason: added link
Old 12-15-2019, 03:49 AM   #2

May 2019
The Epicenter of the Universe
Send a message via Skype™ to FourEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourEyes View Post
As I'm sure many of you know, only the first season of White Collar was released on Blu-Ray. For a number of reasons, I think this would be a good time for a Blu-Ray release.

But suppose the content owner, 20th Century Fox, were to have a tentative preorder for a White Collar Blu-Ray set. Suppose they had a set time limit of, say, 6 months during which they needed x number of orders to be able to justify production. Maybe they even had discount tiers where if sales reached a certain number, the price of the set went down by a certain percentage.

1. How much would you be willing to pay? At the high end? Low end?
2. How would you like the the seasons to be cased up? Single season or multi-season cases?
3. What kind of case would you want? Flipper or overlap?
4. What color would you like for the cases? Traditional blue? Or white or even clear?
5. Would you be willing to pay a higher price if the set included special features or would you prefer a lower price for a set which has little to no special features? Or somewhere in between?

I would ask about episodes per disc, but I don't think it's really necessary since we all likely know about the requisite compression and quality loss involved.
I'll get the ball rolling.

1. $60 at the low end and $120 at the high end. Maybe $150, but I'd really have to think about it.
2. I'd prefer multi-season cases, ideally cases which can each hold three seasons and where each tray holds 2-4 discs. This way, it's not too compact, but it's compact enough to save a good amount of shelf space. Plus, by reducing the amount of material needed for the cases, the cost of the set might be able to be reduced at least a tiny bit.
3. I'd prefer a flipper case because it could be more compact. I love optical media and the emotional connection I have with it, but frankly, I'm running out of shelf space, so I appreciate space-saving packaging.
4. Traditional blue is good, especially translucent blue, but I think translucent white would be somewhat appropriate for this show.
5. I'm not really big into special features, so I'd rather have a lower price than having a lot of special features.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions

Tags
poll, preorder