Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.99

Top Gun 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Thir13en Ghosts (Blu-ray)
$24.96
12 hrs ago
Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Father of the Bride / Father of the Bride Part II (Blu-ray)
$12.96
7 hrs ago
The Barbara Stanwyck Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Come and See (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Bloodshot 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Friday Night Lights: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$35.08
2 hrs ago
The Mask of Zorro 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
28 min ago
Shutter Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.68
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 09-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #1

Jun 2011
India/Bollywood Mankatha - Ayngaran Blu-ray arriving xmas

Mankatha (Ayngaran Blu-Ray) is expected to be released before Xmas period.

Sadly, the Indian censor board will not grant us to release the uncut version - so the blu-ray will have the now famous line still bleeped out (as per the cinema release)

No special features have been confirmed, but we are researching if any deleted scenes have survived. If so, we can add them as bonus extra.

More details to follow

UPDATED - Inlay Cover (Alternative)

UPDATED - Inlay Cover (Front)

Last edited by Shahran Sunny Audit; 12-27-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #2

Dec 2009

another great release from ayngaran...hope it will be released too soon n
Old 09-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Harrow, United Kingdom
Send a message via AIM to nishomac Send a message via Skype™ to nishomac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahran Sunny Audit View Post
Mankatha (Ayngaran Blu-Ray) is expected to be released before Xmas period.

Sadly, the Indian censor board will not grant us to release the uncut version - so the blu-ray will have the now famous line still bleeped out (as per the cinema release)

No special features have been confirmed, but we are researching if any deleted scenes have survived. If so, we can add them as bonus extra.

More details to follow
Hi Sunny

When will ayngaran release the DVD ....

any news on that and will it be DTS ??
Old 09-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #4

Sep 2011
India

Wow what a great news!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #5

Feb 2008

I watched the movie last night and was quite disappointed. Way overhyped. Venkat Prabhu should stick to comedy. The first half was a bore, the second half picked up. If you still insist on going to the theater to watch the movie, go into the movie late (maybe about 30 minutes into the movie). Anyone know why they censored girls waists in this movie? That was something different.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Harrow, United Kingdom
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by slperson1 View Post
i watched the movie last night and was quite disappointed. Way overhyped. Venkat prabhu should stick to comedy. The first half was a bore, the second half picked up. If you still insist on going to the theater to watch the movie, go into the movie late (maybe about 30 minutes into the movie). Anyone know why they censored girls waists in this movie? That was something different.
bro its awsome !!!!!!! Its a massive hit all over the world and nobody can say anything, equal to enthiran opening.thala rocked and yuvan's bgm mind blowing i am waiting for the dvd and blu ray to hear it in dts....
Old 09-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #7

Feb 2008

You can't call it a hit off the opening weekend. Any name brand actor will have a huge opening. It is the weekends that follow opening weekend that matter. Baba had a big opening, that wasn't a hit lol
Old 09-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #8

Sep 2011
India

Actually thats the speciality of the movie,there is nothing called as story in this movie,its just the breezy slick screenply.Venkat prabhu makes you forget onething,thats called logic,its a movie for ajith's fans n ajith fans only....
Old 09-05-2011, 06:22 AM   #9

May 2009

I liked Venkat Prabhu's previous works and I sure hope that this one doesn't suck by being a mere star vehicle for Ajith. Plus I don't understand what the big deal is about Ajith dropping the F-bomb
Old 09-07-2011, 05:46 AM   #10

Aug 2010
Chennai, India
Send a message via MSN to raj1402 Send a message via Yahoo to raj1402 Send a message via Skype™ to raj1402

I was about to ask it on release date but thought it s too early to ask any info about bluray.
I saw in theatres not sure why di colourist ppl make it bit over saturated with yellowish tint just like sun tv. Hope its corrected in bluray.
Film is for ajith fans. I am sure director wanted to please ajith so dint have much thoughts about other characters in the movie.except the twist nothing is interesting including the looting.
I should say nice decision by ajith to choose negative role which is bit difficult and he did it perfect without over doing it.
Expecting uncensored version with extras making of movie as the movie got bloopers.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #11

Aug 2011

Great decision by Ayngaran to release the blu-ray early. Now they can test the Tamil blu-ray market by simultaneously releasing the Blu-ray & DVD.

@slperson1 - I saw the movie in Chennai in 3 different theatres. Girls' waist weren't censored. I believe its only in some foreign prints, its censored.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:19 AM   #12

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish k View Post
Great decision by Ayngaran to release the blu-ray early. Now they can test the Tamil blu-ray market by simultaneously releasing the Blu-ray & DVD.

@slperson1 - I saw the movie in Chennai in 3 different theatres. Girls' waist weren't censored. I believe its only in some foreign prints, its censored.
you saw this movie THREE times huh? is the movie THAT good or are you a HUGE Ajith fan?

that's a serious question btw.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:27 AM   #13

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentblood View Post
you saw this movie THREE times huh? is the movie THAT good or are you a HUGE Ajith fan?

that's a serious question btw.
Yeah big Thala fan. But that doesnt necessarily mean the movie is not good. I liked it.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #14
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Harrow, United Kingdom

Quote:

bro what do you mean by "Girls' waist weren't censored" ????
Old 09-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #15

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishomac View Post
bro what do you mean by "Girls' waist weren't censored" ????
Might sound silly. Showing a girls waist amounts to vulgarity & censor problems in some countries. In the song "Vilayadu Mankatha" there are many shots of girls showing their waists. In order to avoid censor issues that particular area in the screen will be blurred or masked.
This issue is only with certain overseas prints and not all.

If you remember in one of the songs in the movie Singam, Anushka's cleavage would have been masked in a similar way.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #16

Oct 2010
-

Yes me to noticed. I thought it as some sort of effects.. Iam also unhappy with Mankatha. Nothing good for Blu Ray. Only for Ajith fans to watch him on HD.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #17

Oct 2009

Quote:

If you remember in one of the songs in the movie Singam, Anushka's cleavage would have been masked in a similar way.
Could you tell us which country's print would have this un-masked so Anushka "fans" can relocate immediately

Last edited by DaemonAngel; 09-10-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:43 AM   #18

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonAngel View Post
Could you tell us which country's print would have this un-masked so Anushka "fans" can relocate immediately
watch ayn's bluray. i thk it wnt b censored btw in singapore,malayasia the prints must hv been censored by bluring the blood and belly button
Old 09-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #19

Sep 2011

Movie is Awesome wathched
Old 09-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #20
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Harrow, United Kingdom
Thumbs up

Quote:
Might sound silly. Showing a girls waist amounts to vulgarity & censor problems in some countries. In the song "Vilayadu Mankatha" there are many shots of girls showing their waists. In order to avoid censor issues that particular area in the screen will be blurred or masked.
This issue is only with certain overseas prints and not all.

ohh ok, i really don't take notice of those things. To me the print has to be good and the sound quality. I have singam ayngaran dvd, have they masked that scene you were talking about ??

I saw mankatha in UK and nothing was censored !! That's why BBFC gave it a 15 RATING only for people aged 15 and over and no kids !!

I HOPE AYNGARAN CAN GIVE US UNCUT VERSION OF MANKATHA WITH ALL THE SWEARING WORDS INIT !!!

Last edited by nishomac; 09-11-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India