Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00
8 hrs ago
Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
$36.68
8 hrs ago
Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96

Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96
20 hrs ago
Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions (Blu-ray)
$12.74

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Django + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$36.68
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia

Old 05-17-2018, 01:16 PM   #421
Special Member

May 2008

Does anyone here collect autographed horror masks?
Old 05-17-2018, 05:07 PM   #422

Jun 2017
Central Fl

Has anyone met Jeff Goldblum? He will be at a show im going to next week and im curious how he is w fans.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:22 AM   #423
Power Member

Jun 2011
Little Chute, WI

I'm trying to run through the various celebrities I've met and reflect on their demeanor.

Tom Savini - one of the worst attitudes I've come across. It was my first ever convention and it was light on attendance so I would walk around and say a quick thank you to those I knew. He was very clearly just about a financial transaction and upset about the attendance.

Bruce Campbell - possibly the best, I had his VIP at Wizard World and when I said he and Raimi were a big inspiration to me he started asking me questions about my filmmaking and gave me advice. I reflect on his words a lot

William Shatner - quick and mechanical, but responded to me

Stan Lee - same as Shatner, I really wanted him to inscribe on my comic but I don't think he heard me and then it was too late, at least showed some appreciation

Jason David Frank - gracious with time and personable but I went back for another later in the con but he closed up early

The Miz - quick chat which I was surprised by under the circumstances

Dean Ambrose - kinda awkward but not rude

Seth Rollins - he tried to make conversation but I screwed it up

Bella Twins - Nikki was shockingly awesome and Brie just kinda stood there

Becky Lynch - very personable

Roman Reigns - he made some quips and was trying very hard to sign as much as possible since the line was massive and many people would be going away empty handed

George Wendt - pretty cold experience

Fred Dekker - great interaction

Deborah Foreman - She attempted conversation but I was too awkward

John Carpenter - very quick, venue staff seemed to be more of the issue

Ernie Hudson - gave me a dirty look when I snapped a picture from afar

Tony Todd - was engaging with fans and talking about upcoming projects

Jeff Fahey - he tried to make conversation but I was nervous

Vincent Gustaferro - best conversation I had at the con, loved talking about his experiences

Danielle Harris - engaging

Miko Hughes - willing to talk but I asked a dumb question

Alex Vincent - seemed nice

Ed Gale - chatted about Howard the Duck

Rob Liefeld - showed up very late
Old 05-18-2018, 07:04 AM   #424
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011

Two worst for me were Adam West and Gil Gerard. I got Gerard at a Slanted Fedora con in the early 2000s. All three stars sat together at one table. I got Erin Gray first with just her signature, then realized I should ask for the character name so I asked Felix Silva who added his character name and then my photo got to Gerard who I asked to write Buck Rodgers and he looked up with an annoyed expression and said ‘no’ and then he looked back down and signed it and left the photo making me reach over and take it. He’s the only one to ever say no to a character inscription.

Adam West was at Chiller Theater in the mid 2000s. I asked the same thing, to write Batman. He looked up and stared at me for about ten seconds before looking back down to sign the photo with just his name. He did put my name but that was back when I had personalizations on non cast photos. Now I always just get quotes and things to make photos unique.

Stan Lee was at NYCC a few years ago. I got the normal cold experience but I get it’s his age catching up to him.

Eddie McClintock is one of the best. He talks to everyone in front of his table and hugs you at the end. He also only charges $10 for a photo at the table.

Matt Smith has been great both times I saw him. I always ask him to draw himself as the doctor which he does. I got different versions each time.

Hayley Atwell was great. I really want to get her again. She wrote the best inscription on a photo, the line about nobody else’s opinion really mattering from Agent Carter. She was very talkative and asked how the con was going and just seemed nice,

Sumer Glau was another great one. She was so talkative that after I got ,y two signed items and a photo with her and turned to walk away she ok, bye, have a good rest of the time at the convention, and I just smiled and it felt like she wanted to have a conversation with each person.

Peter Capaldi was great at last year’s NYCC. He added an unannounced signing with less than an hour to go in the con even though he had to rush out just so he could sign people’s photo op photos from his last photo op. I mean after you paid, of course. Rather than the normal $125 for a bring your own photo to get signed he decided to charge the $95 amount which is what he charges for his photos. There were only about a dozen of us were there since we were getting Pearl Mackie at a scheduled signing to sign photo op photos. He stood behind the table like he was getting ready to leave but he smiled, joked around and in no way made anyone feel like he was rushing to leave. Other than standing it was the same experience I had earlier in the day at a scheduled signing.

Got Shatner in 2004 with Nimoy at the big Slanted Fedora con with three captains. They said don’t talk to either because it slows the line down. I still told both I was a big fan. Nimoy at least looked up and smiled and handed me the photo but Shatner didn’t say anything and looked up as if to say, you’re still here? The person helping hm told me later when she was with someone else to be happy because he usually doesn’t move the signed items and keeps his hand down and has a tendency to smear items. Also got Avery Brooks. Of the three captains I’ve met, Shatner, Brooks and Mulgrew, he was the best. Told each person ‘thanks for coming’ with a big smile on his face and he used both hands to pick each person’s photo up and hand it to them.

Jonathan Smith was great. I saw him at Chiller Theater many years ago. He sounded like his character, cracking one liners with that same tone of voice, almost like he was his character.

Of Trek people Michael Dorn was my least favorite. There was a reunion con in Philly in the late 2000s. Everyone but Stewart from the cast was there. I was last in his line and he was standing next to the table after sitting for others, signed my photo, never looked up and acted like I wasn’t even there.

From a non con, Anna Kendrick was great on her book tour. It was just a meet and greet with a presigned book but she talked to everyone, smiled, everyone got a hug from her which they took a photo of for you and you go a regular side by side photo with her. I wouldn’t call it a greatest thing ever experience but I’ll definitely remember it.

Last edited by worldchmps; 05-18-2018 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:00 PM   #425

Dec 2011

I've read that Shatner can be a bit of a knob , yes.

West *did* add Batman in the late 90s when I bought from his site.

Somewhat bad encounters : Hedison (cranky) , Dolph L (not rude but seemed a bit on auto pilot) , Famke (she seemed in a bad mood at LFCC) , Inosanto (rushed past me but was kind enough to sign my items)

Most celebs have been nice (Angela Mao doesn't speak english but nice)

Last edited by Aloha from Hawaii 73; 05-21-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:42 PM   #426
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011

One of the nicest celebrities I have met is Joe Pilato (Captain Rhodes from Day of The Dead). I met at Monsterpalooza and that show my wife Julie was unable to go, she had to stay in bed. When I met Mr. Pilato I got my picture and as I was getting my wife's I explained she could not go. He asked me to call her up and spoke with her for a few minutes and wished her the best and to take care. He was just the sweetest guy and I will always appreciate what he did. He even put one of his most quotable lines on her pic.

A class act all the way.
Thanks given by:
buck135 (05-22-2018), Dragon Ranger (07-27-2018), Michael24 (06-20-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 04:12 PM   #427
Special Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldchmps View Post
Of Trek people Michael Dorn was my least favorite. There was a reunion con in Philly in the late 2000s. Everyone but Stewart from the cast was there. I was last in his line and he was standing next to the table after sitting for others, signed my photo, never looked up and acted like I wasn’t even there.
See I keep hearing that from people about Dorn (here and just chatting with fellow con attendees) but I did the same thing I did with Shatner and Dorn was cool with me. Many people may not know this but Michael Dorn played the therapist on Castle for Stana Katic's Beckett. So when I went up to meet him while I got a Worf Photo signed I told him it was cool seeing him pop up on Castle. He talked about that role a lil bit, signed my photo, smiled then told me to enjoy rest of my day.

Have some time today think I'll post up my other experiences and collection
I need more shelves and wall space....or I could just stop buying movies & memorabilia *HAHAHAHAHA*
Old 06-16-2018, 02:15 PM   #428
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2015
Columbia, SC

I've got a question for you guys. So my father-in-law's wife owns a salon that Stephen King goes to down in Florida where they live. He's been telling me he can get something signed for me but I'm having trouble deciding what. I don't own any of his books so obviously I was thinking one if his movies. Unfortunately I don't have that many, I have the new IT, Shawshank, Dark Tower and Green Mile steelbooks. Which one of those should I ask to be signed? Should he sign it opened or on the plastic? I've never gotten an autograph before so appreciate the advice.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #429
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwilson_11 View Post
I've got a question for you guys. So my father-in-law's wife owns a salon that Stephen King goes to down in Florida where they live. He's been telling me he can get something signed for me but I'm having trouble deciding what. I don't own any of his books so obviously I was thinking one if his movies. Unfortunately I don't have that many, I have the new IT, Shawshank, Dark Tower and Green Mile steelbooks. Which one of those should I ask to be signed? Should he sign it opened or on the plastic? I've never gotten an autograph before so appreciate the advice.
Don't have it signed on the plastic, remove it from the steelbook and send down the film you like the most. Have him sign the front, perhaps send down a Sharpie pen that would look best based on the color of the steelbook you send. Silver or gold Sharpie pen's look the best. If it was me, I would send down Shawshank as that is one of my favorite films, but again, that is what I would do if it was me sending something. Maybe send two of your favorites down, perhaps he will sign both for your collection, doesn't hurt to try.
K5
Old 06-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #430

Nov 2015

wow that is really cool.
BD Wish list: 1) What about Bob? 2) Bad News Bears 3) Half Baked 4)Cheech and Chong Nice Dreams 5) Dumb and Dumber Theatrical Cut 6) Revenge of the Nerds 2-- 7)Outside Providence 8) Brainscan 9) P.C.U. 10) Major League 2
Old 06-20-2018, 04:15 AM   #431
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Central California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich65 View Post
One of the nicest celebrities I have met is Joe Pilato (Captain Rhodes from Day of The Dead). I met at Monsterpalooza and that show my wife Julie was unable to go, she had to stay in bed. When I met Mr. Pilato I got my picture and as I was getting my wife's I explained she could not go. He asked me to call her up and spoke with her for a few minutes and wished her the best and to take care. He was just the sweetest guy and I will always appreciate what he did. He even put one of his most quotable lines on her pic.

A class act all the way.
Haha! Damn, that's pretty cool.
My Pop! Vinyl Collection | Favorites Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars, Jaws, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Lethal Weapon, Aliens, Jurassic Park, Blade Runner, Halloween, The Mummy (1999) | 4K ShmoreK
Thanks given by:
Rich65 (06-21-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 11:41 PM   #432
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Western Kentucky

I don't have pictures of all my autographs at the moment, but I can at least post the photos I do have at the moment.

Movies:
Kevin Smith (and Michael Rooker on the Mallrats DVD):

Brandon Routh:

John Barrowman:

Matt Smith, Karen Gillian and Arthur Darvill:

Fred Dekker and Ashley Bank:

Keith Gordon and John Carpenter:

Eric Freeman:

Music:
Goblin:

Alt-J/The Breeders:

Ghost:

Clutch:

The Sword:

Megadeth:

The Shrine:

Morricone Youth:
#1 WEE MAN FAN
Movie Collection (FilmAf) | Music Collection (Discogs; still in progress) | Facebook
1000 Blu-Rays as of 11/09/13: John Cassavetes: Five Films: Criterion Collection
2000 Blu-Rays as of 1/28/16: Deep Red: Arrow Films 3-Disc Limited Edition
Thanks given by:
Charlie1185 (06-29-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 11:58 AM   #433
Special Member

Dec 2008
Greenville, SC USA

I just got back from the Fan Boy Expo Comic Con down in Knoxville, TN. I will post pictures later, but here's the rundown.

1. Charisma Carpenter - Nice and engaging, but rather prissy. I paid to have her Playboy Magazine signed and a DVD cover art and a table photo. With the table photos, they have to be selfies and she has to take the photo. We took about 4 different photos before she found one that she liked. I guess she doesn't want bad photos out there. Other than that, she was really nice and welcoming.

Tom Berenger - Very talkative and friendly. I had the DVD cover art for the movie Sniper and he stated that no one else approached him with something from that movie. Everything was from Major League or Platoon. He was a real class act and I wish more celebrities at cons were like him.

Lou Diamond Phillips - He was my wife's choice of celebrities. Given that she's a true Native American, she became a huge fan of his with him playing Henry Standing Bear on the TV show Longmire. LDP literally stole the show. Gave my wife a warm hug and me a respectful handshake. My wife began to tell him about growing up on a reservation and how accurate that show depicted that. She also complimented him on his portrayal as well. He signed her photo, took a warm table photo and proceeded to thank US for being fans. As we were leaving, he made the comment "without you guys, I wouldn't be here." That showed humility in my eyes and that he respects his fans.

The worst?

Selma Blair - She was pissy. She didn't even show up for one signing and on Sunday, she was almost 2 hours late. A very bad attitude and came across hating the experience. I wasn't alone in that sentiment either. I talked to a few other patrons and they got the same vibe.

65 inch LG 65UJ6540
Sony STR-DH740 7.2 receiver
Sony X800 4K UHD Blu-ray Player
Infinity & Polk Audio Speakers

The Last Jedi: A Cinematic Abortion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ECwhB21Pnk
Thanks given by:
Charlie1185 (07-02-2018), Michael24 (07-05-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #434
Power Member

Aug 2014
London, UK

Signed by Kim Jee-woon

Signed by Jung Woo-sung

Lee Je-hoon autographed this

Old 07-04-2018, 07:36 AM   #435

Dec 2011

Chuck Norris fears nothing

(well except thunder storms as he no showed Stuttgart con)
Old 07-04-2018, 07:51 AM   #436
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-ray Neo View Post
I just got back from the Fan Boy Expo Comic Con down in Knoxville, TN. I will post pictures later, but here's the rundown.

1. Charisma Carpenter - Nice and engaging, but rather prissy. I paid to have her Playboy Magazine signed and a DVD cover art and a table photo. With the table photos, they have to be selfies and she has to take the photo. We took about 4 different photos before she found one that she liked. I guess she doesn't want bad photos out there. Other than that, she was really nice and welcoming.

Tom Berenger - Very talkative and friendly. I had the DVD cover art for the movie Sniper and he stated that no one else approached him with something from that movie. Everything was from Major League or Platoon. He was a real class act and I wish more celebrities at cons were like him.

Lou Diamond Phillips - He was my wife's choice of celebrities. Given that she's a true Native American, she became a huge fan of his with him playing Henry Standing Bear on the TV show Longmire. LDP literally stole the show. Gave my wife a warm hug and me a respectful handshake. My wife began to tell him about growing up on a reservation and how accurate that show depicted that. She also complimented him on his portrayal as well. He signed her photo, took a warm table photo and proceeded to thank US for being fans. As we were leaving, he made the comment "without you guys, I wouldn't be here." That showed humility in my eyes and that he respects his fans.

The worst?

Selma Blair - She was pissy. She didn't even show up for one signing and on Sunday, she was almost 2 hours late. A very bad attitude and came across hating the experience. I wasn't alone in that sentiment either. I talked to a few other patrons and they got the same vibe.
Awesome to hear that about Tom Berenger. My Brother in Law met him at a social event a few years ago and he said he was nice and down to earth. Hopefully my wife and I will get to meet him someday.
Thanks given by:
Blu-ray Neo (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 05:40 AM   #437
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011

These are a couple of my favorites in my music collection:
Slayer

The Man Himself Alice Cooper
Old 07-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #438

Nov 2009
near Schaffhausen, Switzerland

It Looks like to most collecting "Horror"-movie based autographs.

Myself personally I'm happy having met and got autographs by:

Carla Laemmle (woman on the beginning of "Dracula" 1931, Ballerina in "Phantom of The Opera" 1925) - niece of Universal Studios Founder Carl Laemmle
Dick Van Dyke (Mary Poppins)
Joan Collins (Dynasty)
Shirley Jones (Carousel, Oklahoma, Patridge Family)
Barbara Eden
Adam West ("Batman" of course. A few weeks before he passed away)
Terry Moore ("Mighty Joe Young", "Peyton Place"
Ann Robinson (1953 "War of the Worlds")
Tobe Hooper ("Poltergeist", a few weeks before he passed away)
Donnie Dunagan (Peter Frankenstein in "Frankensteins Ghost", young "Bambi" 1942)
Kent McCord ("Adam-12")
Larry Hagman, Linda Gray, Patrick Duffy ("Dallas") and more
Stefanie Powers (Hart To Hart, McLintock)
Julie Newmar (the Catwoman in "Batman", several MGM Musicals "Seven Brides for seven Brothers"),
Terence Stamp ("Superman - The Movie", "Superman 2", "Billy Budd")
Old 07-06-2018, 10:26 PM   #439
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissangel4616 View Post
It Looks like to most collecting "Horror"-movie based autographs.

Myself personally I'm happy having met and got autographs by:

Carla Laemmle (woman on the beginning of "Dracula" 1931, Ballerina in "Phantom of The Opera" 1925) - niece of Universal Studios Founder Carl Laemmle
Dick Van Dyke (Mary Poppins)
Joan Collins (Dynasty)
Shirley Jones (Carousel, Oklahoma, Patridge Family)
Barbara Eden
Adam West ("Batman" of course. A few weeks before he passed away)
Terry Moore ("Mighty Joe Young", "Peyton Place"
Ann Robinson (1953 "War of the Worlds")
Tobe Hooper ("Poltergeist", a few weeks before he passed away)
Donnie Dunagan (Peter Frankenstein in "Frankensteins Ghost", young "Bambi" 1942)
Kent McCord ("Adam-12")
Larry Hagman, Linda Gray, Patrick Duffy ("Dallas") and more
Stefanie Powers (Hart To Hart, McLintock)
Julie Newmar (the Catwoman in "Batman", several MGM Musicals "Seven Brides for seven Brothers"),
Terence Stamp ("Superman - The Movie", "Superman 2", "Billy Budd")
Awesome you got to meet Carla, my wife and I met her 3 times and she was the sweetest lady. My horror autographs are only a part of my collection.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:52 PM   #440
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011

My wife and I just got back from Comic Con and here are some of the signed pics and a poster we got.
Helen Slater

Khary Payton

Fear The Walking Dead Cast

Jason O'Mara

Alexa Davalos

Dan Fogler

Joe Manganiello

Eric Singer

Tommy Thayer
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia

Tags
autograph, autographed, autographs, memorabilia, signed