Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
$36.68
2 hrs ago
Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00
2 hrs ago
Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96
14 hrs ago
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions (Blu-ray)
$12.74

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Outer Limits: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$46.25

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia

Old 09-03-2015, 06:57 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Nashville
Default Star Wars Force Friday Sept. 4th

Though we would have a thread for everything Force Friday, feel free to post any news, pictures, etc. and I will keep the main post updated.

Most store will list products at 12 PT but be sure to check 12 your local time tonight as well. The store names are links to the stores product page.

Amazon Force Friday Store

Amazon.com is celebrating Force Friday by offering customers access to a variety of new Star Wars products, as well as deals on select Star Wars items. Customers can visit Amazon’s Star Wars Store to find a wide selection of new toys and games, including Amazon exclusives, deals, and much more.

Disney Store

In ALL Disney Store locations throughout North America, doors will open for business on Force Friday with Star Wars-themed opening ceremonies, offering a galactic twist on the traditional “Unlocking Imagination” ritual. Other activities taking place at Disney Store locations (excluding Disney Store Outlets) on Force Friday include:
•A free commemorative Star Wars: The Force Awakens pin for the first 100 guests who make a purchase on Force Friday
•Numerous Star Wars events taking place, including: ◦R2-D2 craft activity
◦Ways of the Force
◦Star Wars Story Time
◦Art of Drawing: R2-D2
◦Free Topps vintage trading card giveaway upon completion of an in-store event and while supplies last

•Epic Star Wars theming that pays homage to both the dark side and the light

On DisneyStore.com, fans can enjoy special Limited Edition product, as well as free shipping on all Star Wars items from September 4 – 6.

Target

A total of 207 Target stores will open at midnight on September 4, with all the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens items available and more. Visit Target.com/starwars to locate a store near you. But that’s not all.

In honor of Force Friday, Target has also launched Share the Force: an interactive experience that allows you to join fans around the world and share your Star Wars memories. Visit sharetheforce.target.com to add your memories today, and stop by select Target shops for Share the Force Saturday on September 5. There will be photo ops, giveaways, and much more!

Toys R Us

Toys”R”Us: Toys”R”Us stores and ToysRUs.com have launched “Destination: Star Wars“ — a huge celebration and source for all things Star Wars on Force Friday! All Toys”R”Us stores will open at midnight, with special giveaways including a limited edition LEGO Star Wars Commemorative Brick and an exclusive Star Wars poster, while supplies last.

At Toys”R”Us Times Square in New York City, fans can join a Star Wars party that will rival any Ewok bash. Festivities begin on Thursday, September 3, when the store hosts Star Wars activities throughout the day, beginning at 9 a.m., including:
•A book signing and meet and greet with Steve Sansweet, chief executive officer and president of Rancho Obi-Wan, Inc., storied Star Wars author and former head of Fan Relations and director of content management at Lucasfilm Ltd.
•An art class and meet and greet with fan-favorite Star Wars and science fiction artist, Jeff Carlisle
•Star Wars product demonstrations and activations throughout the store, including Star Wars-themed 3D action figure creation with 3D Plus Me, video gaming on Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars kiosks and experiencing intergalactic sound on Star Wars-themed headphones powered by SMS Audio
•A LEGO Star Wars make and take for rebels looking to build their toy empire brick by brick
•A Lightsaber Academy with members of New York Jedi, a community of cosplayers, martial artists, and teachers who share practical stage combat techniques oriented toward lightsabers
•Photo opportunities with costumed characters, including Furbacca, a character versioned after the Hasbro toy that makes Wookiee sounds like Chewbacca
•Ice cream flavors inspired by the Star Wars saga from Scoops“R”Us, the flagship store’s in-house ice cream shop located on the Lower Level
•Star Wars-themed cookie decorating at a “Wookiee” Cookie Party on Level 1
•Special giveaways for the first fans in line, including a Collector’s Edition LEGO Star Wars Commemorative Brick, an exclusive, limited edition Star Wars poster, and a Star Wars Character Flashlight from JAKKS Pacific
•Star Wars trivia, a costume contest, and a galaxy of excitement and prizes, while supplies last
•A panel discussion with Steve Sansweet and Jeff Carlisle for select lucky fans, which will also be livestreamed via Periscope @Toysrus on Twitter
•The ultimate unveiling of the official Toys“R”Us Times Square Star Wars feature shop at 12:01 a.m. on Force Friday, September 4

Sphero

Credit to: Terp_fan99 for this

The BB-8 App Enabled Droid by Sphero will be available starting Force Friday in the US at:

Disney
Sphero.com
Apple
Brookstone
BedBath&Beyond
Best Buy
Marbles
Sprint
Amazon

http://www.sphero.com/starwars

Lego:

Hot Toys:

Disney:

Remote Controlled Millennium Falcon Quad:

Remote Control X-Wing Starfighter:

Last edited by snobird; 09-03-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Thanks given by:
JimboTHX1138 (09-03-2015), jimmy98 (09-05-2015), Lsalas76 (09-04-2015), movieben1138 (09-03-2015), rajeevalone (09-03-2015), sandman slim (09-04-2015), terp_fan99 (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #2
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Great thread idea Sno!

It's just an incredible feeling, for me, that SW merchandise still moves the meter like it does! I can't wait to show my two boys(4 and 1) all nice of these great films!
Thanks given by:
snobird (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 08:12 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Montana

Good thread. I've been drooling over the Hot Toys figures all morning.

I might have to stop at Best Buy to look for that BB-8.
Thanks given by:
snobird (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 08:17 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by terp_fan99 View Post
Good thread. I've been drooling over the Hot Toys figures all morning.

I might have to stop at Best Buy to look for that BB-8.
BB-8 will be online only and maybe at the Apple store is what they are saying, Ill update the post with the Hot Toys.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:27 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobird View Post
BB-8 will be online only and maybe at the Apple store is what they are saying, Ill update the post with the Hot Toys.
I just saw this on Rebelscum (they also had a photo someone took of them on the shelf at Best Buy):

Quote:
The BB-8 App Enabled Droid by Sphero will be available starting Force Friday in the US at:

Disney
Sphero.com
Apple
Brookstone
BedBath&Beyond
Best Buy
Marbles
Sprint
Amazon
Thanks given by:
snobird (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 08:33 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by terp_fan99 View Post
I just saw this on Rebelscum (they also had a photo someone took of them on the shelf at Best Buy):
Awesome, thanks for this. I have no clue how much I am going to spend tonight.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Long Island, NY, USA ; I enjoy watching 3D blu-rays; 41 Blufans steels so far

Wow! I am surprised that the fast food industry hasn't joined in on this amazing promotion.

I would totally eat Princess Leia's filet-o-fish, but I would have to pass on Darth Vadar's $5 dollar footlong. Anyone interested in a McWookie? Wash it down with a venti at Deathstarbucks.

BenQ HT1085ST 1080p 2D/3D DLP projector (135-inch 16:9 Silver Ticket screen)
EStar America ESG601 DLP Link 3D Glasses x 6
DarbeeVision DVP-5000 Darblet HDMI Video Processor
Sony BDP-S5200 Region Free 2D/3D Blu-Ray Player
Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Receiver
Polk TL250 five-speaker set (1 center / 4 surrounds) + 2x Polk TL2 / Sony SA-W2500 100W powered subwoofer
4x ButtKicker Advance + 4x Buttkicker BKA300 amps installed in 4 recliners. Blufans VIP.
Thanks given by:
jetjaguar4 (09-04-2015), snobird (09-03-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #8
Power Member

Oct 2009
Sweden

Don't know if this Star Wars-thread is a US only, if so MOD is free to remove this post, but Zavvi (UK) are going to join this day

Quote:
FORCE FRIDAY

Get ready for another huge Star Wars day and join Zavvi this week for Force Friday! On Friday the 4th of September, Lucasfilm will announce tons of new Star Wars toys to get us excited about the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in December. Think midnight craziness with a Disney livestream event to unveil the products and stores opening their doors at midnight to satisfy fans’ needs. We’ve been told we can expect Star Wars LEGO, toys, figures and T-shirts from quality brands such as Hasbro and Paladone with classic heroes returning and a whole new range of characters making their toy or T-shirt debut.

Join us from 00:01am on Friday when we will be unveiling the first products!
Link: http://www.zavvi.com/offers/star-wars.list
Old 09-03-2015, 09:43 PM   #9
Power Member

Oct 2009
Sweden
Default A 4h Toy-unboxing video

Thanks given by:
Lsalas76 (09-04-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 09:43 PM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

So does this mean we're going to see all the new stuff at 6pm EST on the UK websites??
Old 09-03-2015, 11:47 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Just ordered a Sphero BB-8 from Disney Store UK
Thanks given by:
terp_fan99 (09-04-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 12:50 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2013
TN

I'm really trying to save money, and then I saw the videos of that remote control BB-8. May just have to drop $150 tomorrow...
Old 09-04-2015, 12:57 AM   #13
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Seriously how the hell does that thing work?
I'm just calling it right now: sorcery!
There I said it!
Old 09-04-2015, 01:02 AM   #14

Nov 2009
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Seriously how the hell does that thing work?
I'm just calling it right now: sorcery!
There I said it!
It's controlled by The Force... Or sorcery. I believe that in Episode IV that one of the Imperials actually said "Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerers ways Lord Vader, your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes..."
Military General: "Mr Bay, those aren't ideas, those are special effects!"

Michael Bay: "I don't understand the difference."
Thanks given by:
rickah88 (09-04-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 01:07 AM   #15
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pksmith74 View Post
It's controlled by The Force... Or sorcery. I believe that in Episode IV that one of the Imperials actually said "Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerers ways Lord Vader, your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes..."
Good spot!! You nailed it!
Old 09-04-2015, 01:13 AM   #16
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

The Sphero website said this would be available on Amazon but I don't see a listing. Will it show up at midnight?
Old 09-04-2015, 02:32 AM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
The Sphero website said this would be available on Amazon but I don't see a listing. Will it show up at midnight?
Amazon I'd at 3 A.M. I think central time due to them starting at PT time. Are you getting one, I'm thinking I might get one too.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:59 AM   #18

Nov 2009
Melbourne, Australia

IGN guys playing with BB-8, looks like he'll be a lot of fun!

http://au.ign.com/videos/2015/09/04/...paign=Blogroll
Military General: "Mr Bay, those aren't ideas, those are special effects!"

Michael Bay: "I don't understand the difference."
Old 09-04-2015, 04:09 AM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
USA
Send a message via Skype™ to Kellz

Funko Pop Star Wars: Heavy Artillery First Order Stormtrooper Pop (Amazon Exclusive)
is available now
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013G0J7FO
$12.99
<<<< Female Blu Ray Collector (been called dude and bro a lot lately, so clarifying lol)

"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames."

Old 09-04-2015, 04:12 AM   #20
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobird View Post
Amazon I'd at 3 A.M. I think central time due to them starting at PT time. Are you getting one, I'm thinking I might get one too.
Just placed my order!
Christmas came early this year! WOOOHOOO!!!!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Movie Props, Replicas, Figures and Memorabilia