Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Harry Potter: 8 Film Dark Arts Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£117.12
1 day ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65
 
Reservoir Dogs 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.54
1 day ago
Paranormal Activity: The Ultimate Chills Collection (Blu-ray)
£39.96
1 day ago
House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£32.00
1 day ago
Rocky: The Knockout Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£50.99
1 day ago
Snowtown (Blu-ray)
£9.99
1 day ago
The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection Vol 2 4K (Blu-ray)
£43.21
1 day ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£46.75
1 day ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£41.57
1 day ago
The Godfather Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£50.99
1 day ago
Flash Gordon 4K (Blu-ray)
£38.55
22 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2022, 06:54 PM   #141
Teddy Westside Teddy Westside is offline
Active Member
 
Teddy Westside's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
UK
105
168
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -shadow- View Post
Meanwhile Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy... Good lord guys, it's out tomorrow :/
At least there is some sort of tracking on Amazon. All I have is a dispatch email from Rarewaves on November 30th - no parcel number in it or on the website, so I'm at the mercy of the Royal Mail strikes.

(Also still awaiting Star Trek VI 4K from HMV which was 'dispatched' on the 29th but Royal Mail tracking shows they are still awaiting it from HMV. Everything else I ordered at the same time has eventually arrived over the last few days, but this is the longest I've waited for one of their Tracked 48 deliveries).
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:11 PM   #142
ProfXtacy ProfXtacy is offline
Special Member
 
Aug 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -shadow- View Post
Meanwhile Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy... Good lord guys, it's out tomorrow :/
Itís been a complete shit show with this release and dispatch from companies.

HMV hadnít started to process my order on Friday afternoon so I cancelled and placed an order with Amazon thinking it would be delivered quicker than trusting to Royal Mail but then they just didnít do anything with the order.

Iím away for a few days at the end of the week and with the troubles Iíve had with Amazon deliveries over the year I donít trust their drivers if Iím not at home.

Ended up cancelling and ordering on eBay, at least it will be sent by Royal Mail and if it ends up being Friday or Saturday when Iím away it will be left at the post office for me to collect on the Monday.

Would have been nice to have it early this week as Iím off work from Wednesday and could have started to work my way through it but Iíve got plenty of other stuff to watch while Iím waiting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:27 PM   #143
SoundableObject SoundableObject is offline
Active Member
 
May 2013
Liverpool
94
786
370
6
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfXtacy View Post
Itís been a complete shit show with this release and dispatch from companies.

HMV hadnít started to process my order on Friday afternoon so I cancelled and placed an order with Amazon thinking it would be delivered quicker than trusting to Royal Mail but then they just didnít do anything with the order.
I did the exact same thing!

Still no Amazon movement and I'm off work all next week

My plan is to wait until midnight when it is out and try to re-order on Amazon. I have heard this can give a more definitive date and might see me get it Tuesday or Wednesday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 09:04 PM   #144
ProfXtacy ProfXtacy is offline
Special Member
 
Aug 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundableObject View Post
I did the exact same thing!

Still no Amazon movement and I'm off work all next week

My plan is to wait until midnight when it is out and try to re-order on Amazon. I have heard this can give a more definitive date and might see me get it Tuesday or Wednesday.
I placed an order with The Entertainmenr Store on eBay, as they are saying they post with Royal Mail 24, so Iím hoping it will be processed tomorrow and might be with me on Wednesday, but weíll see what happens.

Itís showing as sold out on HMV now which caused me a bit of alarm but everyone else still seems to have it for order so it makes me wonder if HMV had some supply issues. They havenít been selling out for quite some time now and the limited editions for season 22 and season 24 are still available so I would be surprised if there are stock shortages again this time around.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 09:26 PM   #145
SoundableObject SoundableObject is offline
Active Member
 
May 2013
Liverpool
94
786
370
6
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfXtacy View Post
I placed an order with The Entertainmenr Store on eBay, as they are saying they post with Royal Mail 24, so Iím hoping it will be processed tomorrow and might be with me on Wednesday, but weíll see what happens.

Itís showing as sold out on HMV now which caused me a bit of alarm but everyone else still seems to have it for order so it makes me wonder if HMV had some supply issues. They havenít been selling out for quite some time now and the limited editions for season 22 and season 24 are still available so I would be surprised if there are stock shortages again this time around.

Shops often show these sets as sold out around release. Amazon the most common one to do so. It just means they've sold the initial stock,I believe. I shouldn't think anybody will have trouble getting Season 2.

As you say, Season 22, 24 and 17 are all still available. Many now seem to be happy to wait for standard editions, and scalpers aren't really targetting these sets now (probably because they got burned with Season 14, 8 or 17).
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 09:30 PM   #146
ProfXtacy ProfXtacy is offline
Special Member
 
Aug 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundableObject View Post
Shops often show these sets as sold out around release. Amazon the most common one to do so. It just means they've sold the initial stock,I believe. I shouldn't think anybody will have trouble getting Season 2.

As you say, Season 22, 24 and 17 are all still available. Many now seem to be happy to wait for standard editions, and scalpers aren't really targetting these sets now (probably because they got burned with Season 14, 8 or 17).
I thought season 17 had started to sell out now.

I had delays getting season 22 and 24 too, and itís frustrating when we have a collection like this which youíve invested a lot of money in and you have that anxiety about adding each new set to your collection.

It will be nice when they have all been released and we can just sit back and enjoy them - I doubt there will ever be a need to buy Classic Who again after these.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 11:23 PM   #147
SoundableObject SoundableObject is offline
Active Member
 
May 2013
Liverpool
94
786
370
6
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfXtacy View Post
I thought season 17 had started to sell out now.

I had delays getting season 22 and 24 too, and itís frustrating when we have a collection like this which youíve invested a lot of money in and you have that anxiety about adding each new set to your collection.

It will be nice when they have all been released and we can just sit back and enjoy them - I doubt there will ever be a need to buy Classic Who again after these.
Ahh, didn't realise Season 17 is sold out now. I know Season 24 is getting quite low when I last checked on Amazon (by adding a big quantity to the basket, it tells you how many they have in stock).

Getting these sets can be stressful. Thankfully recently most have been fine. Season 23 was the bad one as that was lost in the post and I didn't end up getting it until a week and a half after release date when I broke down and ordered one from Amazon whilst I waited until Zoom would let me claim my money back. I ordered two things from Zoom which were both sent around the same time and both got lost in transit.

Amazon is showing temporarily out of stock for Season 2 but I check The Entertainment Store as per your suggestion and I can guarantee Wednesday and it is actually a few pence cheaper so not all too bad.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 02:13 AM   #148
McCrutchy McCrutchy is offline
Contributor
 
McCrutchy's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
East Coast, USA
2
720
5260
205
5
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -shadow- View Post
Meanwhile Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy... Good lord guys, it's out tomorrow :/
Of course, it's "Temporarily out of stock" and screwing up my order of 11 other items so that I can't get AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 07:31 AM   #149
ProfXtacy ProfXtacy is offline
Special Member
 
Aug 2021
Default

It’s showing as available to order again on the HMV website.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 08:22 AM   #150
CouncilSpectre CouncilSpectre is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
CouncilSpectre's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
United Kingdom
561
6101
1028
57
10
24
Default

Mine was despatched on Saturday. Got a message this morning saying it would be delivered by EVRI today. Yay, EVRI, can’t wait to see what state it turns up in…

Edit: Arrived





A cautionary note, mine seems to have been despatched in a cardboard/bag mailer, and it’s come via EVRI. That’s a dangerous combination! Luckily our EVRI chap is quite good so it’s arrived pristine but it wouldn’t surprise me if others aren’t so lucky.

Last edited by CouncilSpectre; 12-05-2022 at 09:31 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
BillSykes (12-05-2022), Mattmck99 (12-05-2022), Sifox211 (12-05-2022), Tablet (12-05-2022), TwinCitiesBluFan (12-05-2022)
Old 12-05-2022, 10:07 AM   #151
Tablet Tablet is offline
Active Member
 
Tablet's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
United Kingdom
66
1715
223
Default

Being 9 discs I'm assuming this is the thickest of the sets released so far? (Just getting a space on my bookcase ready for my set coming later in the week)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:38 AM   #152
Sifox211 Sifox211 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Sifox211's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
Aberdeen
110
1648
488
8
Default

Mine just arrived from HMV, in a cardboard mailer.

Tablet - 57mm deep.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
CouncilSpectre (12-05-2022), Tablet (12-05-2022)
Old 12-05-2022, 10:48 AM   #153
Tablet Tablet is offline
Active Member
 
Tablet's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
United Kingdom
66
1715
223
Default

Quote:
Tablet - 57mm deep.
Thank you muchly!

Last edited by Tablet; 12-05-2022 at 10:48 AM. Reason: fixing quote tag
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 11:09 AM   #154
Anthifisher Anthifisher is online now
Senior Member
 
Anthifisher's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
UK
229
737
272
Default

Mine arrived this morning thanks to Amazon. Now to speculate on the next set (which will mark the official half way point of classic who) and enjoy the beauty of this one. Lee has done another great job on this set as always.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 01:07 PM   #155
ProfXtacy ProfXtacy is offline
Special Member
 
Aug 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthifisher View Post
Mine arrived this morning thanks to Amazon. Now to speculate on the next set (which will mark the official half way point of classic who) and enjoy the beauty of this one. Lee has done another great job on this set as always.
Season 6, season 9 and season 20 are favourites to be released next year. But who knows?

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 01:28 PM   #156
Teddy Westside Teddy Westside is offline
Active Member
 
Teddy Westside's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
UK
105
168
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfXtacy View Post
But Who knows?
Or does he?
(Yes, I know, only Peter Cushing is "Dr Who" )

Still awaiting my Rarewaves order...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 02:05 PM   #157
BreakfastClub211 BreakfastClub211 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
BreakfastClub211's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
96
1281
Default

Mine arrived this morning. Very excited to get stuck in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 02:42 PM   #158
exidor exidor is online now
Active Member
 
exidor's Avatar
 
Jan 2020
8
1252
686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Westside View Post
(Yes, I know, only Peter Cushing is "Dr Who" )
Correct. The others are "Doctor Who".
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 03:26 PM   #159
Babu93 Babu93 is offline
Senior Member
 
Babu93's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
Scotland
135
740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tablet View Post
Being 9 discs I'm assuming this is the thickest of the sets released so far? (Just getting a space on my bookcase ready for my set coming later in the week)
I use the plastic protective boxes from Steelbook Central, so I guess they might need to bring out a larger size for the 60s sets.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 04:35 PM   #160
Sifox211 Sifox211 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Sifox211's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
Aberdeen
110
1648
488
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babu93 View Post
I use the plastic protective boxes from Steelbook Central, so I guess they might need to bring out a larger size for the 60s sets.
Seems to be the same width as season 18, which requires a DW2. I just tried it and it's too tight, but I haven't taken the set out of its shrink wrap yet. I suspect it might be OK if you don't include the J-card.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jono99 (12-10-2022)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 AM.