Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Resident Evil: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99
1 day ago
The Flintstones: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.98
11 hrs ago
Gamera: The Showa Era (Blu-ray)
$72.99
4 hrs ago
War of the Worlds 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 day ago
Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.96
1 day ago
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$39.98
8 hrs ago
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
Gremlins 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 day ago
The Shining 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 day ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
Mission: Impossible - 6 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old Today, 03:38 AM   #13661
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
There's also -
Did you wear it properly, pretty sure a disturbing percentage of the population do not.
If you wear disposables, do you switch them frequently enough?
If you wear reusables, do you wash them every time you use them?
Circling back around to the first one because even in the workplace so many people use them incorrectly multiple times in a shift.
Are you wearing gaiters or bandanas, which I'm pretty sure don't actually protect anyone.
Also slightly related, are you still socially distancing as much as possible?
These are the things the people want to know.
There were articles a while back that showed that gaiters do indeed offer some protection, roughly equivalent to homemade masks, depending on materials. Those early bogus reports that claimed gaiters were useless was unfortunate because any protection people wear is better than nothing. Discouraging people from wearing something is a bad idea. But lots of knee-jerk reactions to those earlier articles meant many stores banning them.
Thanks given by:
bruceames (Today)
Old Today, 03:56 AM   #13662
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2008
The Swan Station aDdIcTeD 2 LOST PSN:U5MC51473
Send a message via AIM to sfmarine Send a message via MSN to sfmarine Send a message via Skype™ to sfmarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
There were articles a while back that showed that gaiters do indeed offer some protection, roughly equivalent to homemade masks, depending on materials. Those early bogus reports that claimed gaiters were useless was unfortunate because any protection people wear is better than nothing. Discouraging people from wearing something is a bad idea. But lots of knee-jerk reactions to those earlier articles meant many stores banning them.
I wear a gaiter which I prefer because it's more comfortable and I can always have it around my neck. Only place I was not permitted was the Apple store of all places. They do not allow gaiters. Disney World banned them as well. My guess is because they can fall down. Mine never fall down and that article you referenced did prove that they are effective so I'll continue to wear them.
Old Today, 04:26 AM   #13663
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2016

Quote:
Maybe if they'd stop posting fake stories, it wouldn't become a self-prophesy.

I saw another article about the "upcoming shortage" again today - the image they posted of bare shelves was originally posted by the New York Times back in April - I did a reverse image search which proved it! Yup, they just copied over a photo from an article back in April, with the intention to mislead us to thinking that is a fresh photo taken recently. Scummy reporting.
It's not a fake story here. Every Costco in the area has supply limits and is out of toilet paper, paper towels, bottled water, and disinfectant wipes. Grocery stores like Ralph's are like that too. You can google for Los Angeles grocery shortages and see other sources.

Also, they're just reporting on what's happened already - Costco and Ralph's were out of toilet paper about a week before the OC Register article.

Last edited by ctujackbauer; Today at 04:31 AM.
Old Today, 05:59 AM   #13664
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Bakersfield, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctujackbauer View Post
It's not a fake story here. Every Costco in the area has supply limits and is out of toilet paper, paper towels, bottled water, and disinfectant wipes. Grocery stores like Ralph's are like that too. You can google for Los Angeles grocery shortages and see other sources.

Also, they're just reporting on what's happened already - Costco and Ralph's were out of toilet paper about a week before the OC Register article.
Was in our Costco store on Friday, yes TP was all gone again!
What's up with bottled water. Saw people with 2 - 6 36 paks in their carts?
Nothing is wrong with most peoples' tap water. Right?
Thanks given by:
ctujackbauer (Today)
Old Today, 08:54 AM   #13665
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctujackbauer View Post

It may indeed be happening in some places again, but them using a photo from April is misleading.
Old Today, 12:06 PM   #13666
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2016

Quote:
It may indeed be happening in some places again, but them using a photo from April is misleading.
You might be talking about a different article you read (mentioned in your post) because all of the photos in the article I linked were from Nov 17.
Old Today, 02:52 PM   #13667
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2015

Quote:
The problem is wearing poor protection really can be worse then wearing no protection. When they told people masks helped I saw most people I know cut the distance they social distance by about 33%. Itís been near 8 months now we really should be requiring higher quality masks at this point. The longer this goes the more reluctant people are to social distance and quarantine so we need to people to start using better gear at a minimum to maintain even the same level of safety.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat