Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
 
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$76.99
20 hrs ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$62.99
10 hrs ago
Betty Blue (Blu-ray)
$29.49
9 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99
 
50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
All About Eve (Blu-ray)
$29.49
9 hrs ago
Now, Voyager (Blu-ray)
$27.37
9 hrs ago
The Daytrippers (Blu-ray)
$27.37
9 hrs ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.74
 
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.37
5 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 12:59 AM   #1
Big Daddy Big Daddy is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Big Daddy's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Southern California
79
122
1
Default The Official Mirage Speakers Thread

Please discuss your Mirage speakers in this thread. You can include pictures, reviews, or any other comments regarding your speakers.

Manufacturer’s Website: http://www.miragespeakers.com/na-en/
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
talstarone talstarone is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
talstarone's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Clayton, North Carolina
88
363
3
54
Default

No Mirage owners?
I had actually been looking into these due to the diffuse soundfield and lack of one sweet spot.
But perhaps I better put that idea on hold since there arent many(or actually any)Mirage owners willing to share their experiences.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
Big Daddy Big Daddy is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Big Daddy's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Southern California
79
122
1
Default

Ozzman owns Mirage speakers and he really likes them, but he hasn't been very visible lately.

He owns two Mirage M-5si (FRONT) and one Mirage OMD-C2 (CENTER ).
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
talstarone talstarone is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
talstarone's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Clayton, North Carolina
88
363
3
54
Default

Thanks Big Daddy,Maybe I can get some feedback from him when he has the time...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
muddyduck muddyduck is offline
Member
 
Sep 2008
Default Mirage speakers

I have the "Prestige" speakers for a 7.1 surround sound, and a New Sony receiver. All from Crutchfield. I like the rich detailed sound.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
aramis109 aramis109 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
aramis109's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI
10
360
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talstarone View Post
Thanks Big Daddy,Maybe I can get some feedback from him when he has the time...
I know he really loves his Mirage speakers. I would put them and Definitive Technology's BP series on your short list to listen to if you're looking for a diffuse, open sound.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
FreakyFraser FreakyFraser is offline
Active Member
 
FreakyFraser's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
24
1
163
Default

A friend of mine has Omnisats in his 5.1 set up (10' projection screen) and I really like the sound and diffused soundfield.

I'm now considering Nanosat's for my speaker upgrade.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:34 AM   #8
mreilly611 mreilly611 is offline
Special Member
 
mreilly611's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
4th Planet from the Sun
37
154
Default

I have the Mirage Omnisat V2 speaker system and it is amazing. see gallery for pictures. I just updated the center channel V2 today for the Mirage OMDCC1 From Vanns. I have 12 foot ceilings and no back wall so the voice gets lost in some action films so I updated to better center. What's great about the mirage speakers I can sit anywhere in the room and still get great sound. I don't need to find the sweet spot to watch a film. The whole room is the sweet spot.
I just listed my mirage Omnisat V2 CC center channel on eBay for 125.00
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:35 AM   #9
RISE23_BLU RISE23_BLU is offline
Active Member
 
RISE23_BLU's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Northeast
24
40
390
Thumbs up I have the Mirage V2's in a 7.2 setup

I love my speakers...As mentioned above, I like how the entire room is the sweet spot. I can sit anywhere in my familly room and have great room filling sound. I think i may upgrade my center speaker to the OMD model because the voices can get lost in some loud action sequences. Other than that these speakers are awsome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:37 PM   #10
ozzman ozzman is offline
Power Member
 
ozzman's Avatar
 
May 2008
St. Catharines ONT
37
Default

Iam in love with my Mirage Speakers.There in a class of there own if you ask me.

My front stage is exactly what i always wanted when i was younger.
i`ve had many chances of changing my front speakers(with different brands) and the truth is the only way i would ever give them up is if someone through a pair of M-3si`s or M-1si`s in my lap.

It`s was told to me when i was younger Mirage speakers are the best speakers that you will NEVER hear.I really didn`t understand what this meant.

Today i know.

Last edited by ozzman; 05-31-2009 at 03:01 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #11
SammyG SammyG is offline
Special Member
 
SammyG's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Douglassville, PA
1034
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
Iam in love with my Mirage Speakers.There in a class of there own if you ask me.

My front stage is exactly what i always wanted when i was younger.
i`ve had many chances of changing my front speakers(with different brands) and the truth the only way i would ever give them up is if someone through a pair of M-3si`s or M-1si`s in my lap.

It`s was told to me when i was younger Mirage speakers are the best speaker that you will NEVER hear.I really didn`t understand what this meant.

Today i know.
I really love your Mirage center, I've never seen that one before.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #12
ozzman ozzman is offline
Power Member
 
ozzman's Avatar
 
May 2008
St. Catharines ONT
37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis109 View Post
I know he really loves his Mirage speakers. I would put them and Definitive Technology's BP series on your short list to listen to if you're looking for a diffuse, open sound.

I agree my friend.
Many people on this forum have told me That Def -tech`s are very close to Mirage.

Never heard them But i would love to hear their High End Products

There very Popular in the states ,hard to find them here in Southern Ontario
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #13
ozzman ozzman is offline
Power Member
 
ozzman's Avatar
 
May 2008
St. Catharines ONT
37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyG View Post
I really love your Mirage center, I've never seen that one before.
Thank you

When i got her,I honesty shed a tear.
Sounds beautiful with my older fronts

There`s a couple of members here that could tell you how hard it was for me to finally get a worthy center in my system.

I got her for $450 Canadian.(brand new).It was a Steal.
I think that was one of the best deals i ever found for my system so far.

I find Timing is everything when your on a budget.
I always get what i want ,but never when i want it.(which is alright by me)

Last edited by ozzman; 05-31-2009 at 02:58 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:06 AM   #14
ozzman ozzman is offline
Power Member
 
ozzman's Avatar
 
May 2008
St. Catharines ONT
37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreilly611 View Post
I have the Mirage Omnisat V2 speaker system and it is amazing. see gallery for pictures. I just updated the center channel V2 today for the Mirage OMDCC1 From Vanns. I have 12 foot ceilings and no back wall so the voice gets lost in some action films so I updated to better center. What's great about the mirage speakers I can sit anywhere in the room and still get great sound. I don't need to find the sweet spot to watch a film. The whole room is the sweet spot.
I just listed my mirage Omnisat V2 CC center channel on eBay for 125.00
Iam very intrested to hear a setup like yours.you must be very happy with them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #15
mreilly611 mreilly611 is offline
Special Member
 
mreilly611's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
4th Planet from the Sun
37
154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
Iam very intrested to hear a setup like yours.you must be very happy with them.
Just received my omdc1 center today and the sound of my system went from a 8 to a 10. I could not be more happy with sound quality of system. I am glad that my system is now complete and I can sit back and enjoy. I was on the fence about buying the Mirage speakers and now it is one of the best purchases I have ever made.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #16
ozzman ozzman is offline
Power Member
 
ozzman's Avatar
 
May 2008
St. Catharines ONT
37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreilly611 View Post
Just received my omdc1 center today and the sound of my system went from a 8 to a 10. I could not be more happy with sound quality of system. I am glad that my system is now complete and I can sit back and enjoy. I was on the fence about buying the Mirage speakers and now it is one of the best purchases I have ever made.
I am happy to hear your enjoying your system and your Mirage speakers
One thing that made me laugh a little is when you said :

`My system is now complete``

You Wouldn'T believe how many times i said that.But i`ll tell you i just looked at your system and looks Awesome.
I know i would really enjoy watching a movie at your house

Last edited by ozzman; 06-03-2009 at 08:45 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:32 AM   #17
mreilly611 mreilly611 is offline
Special Member
 
mreilly611's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
4th Planet from the Sun
37
154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
I am happy to hear your enjoying your system and your Mirage speakers
One thing that made me laugh a little is when you said :

`My system is now complete``

You Wouldn'T believe how many times i said that.But i`ll tell you i just looked at your system and looks Awesome.
I know i would really enjoy watching a movie at your house
Just updated pictures in Gallery to show new OMDC-1 Center and moved my Original Mirage center V2 Omnisat to rear as a 6.1 setup. Now my whole speaker system are Mirage's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #18
ozzman ozzman is offline
Power Member
 
ozzman's Avatar
 
May 2008
St. Catharines ONT
37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreilly611 View Post
Just updated pictures in Gallery to show new OMDC-1 Center and moved my Original Mirage center V2 Omnisat to rear as a 6.1 setup. Now my whole speaker system are Mirage's.
Looks Beautiful.I also like the look of that center.
Very Nice Job !
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #19
mreilly611 mreilly611 is offline
Special Member
 
mreilly611's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
4th Planet from the Sun
37
154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
Looks Beautiful.I also like the look of that center.
Very Nice Job !
Thanks Ozzman, I am done with my soundstage and next I am going to upgrade to a Projector and retractable screen some time next year. With my 10 foot ceilings it is going to be a project but I have soom good ideas of how to get it done. So I will use the screen for Blu-Ray and HD-Dvd movies and still have my wall mounted 52 inch sony for cable, dvd's and Laser disc's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #20
ozzman ozzman is offline
Power Member
 
ozzman's Avatar
 
May 2008
St. Catharines ONT
37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreilly611 View Post
Thanks Ozzman, I am done with my soundstage and next I am going to upgrade to a Projector and retractable screen some time next year. With my 10 foot ceilings it is going to be a project but I have soom good ideas of how to get it done. So I will use the screen for Blu-Ray and HD-Dvd movies and still have my wall mounted 52 inch sony for cable, dvd's and Laser disc's.
Make sure you give us Pic's when your done
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Official Klipsch Speakers Thread Speakers prerich 2547 08-11-2019 09:15 PM
The Official Axiom Speakers Thread Speakers Johk 2310 12-12-2018 05:29 PM
The Official Energy Speakers Thread Speakers callas01 6701 12-05-2018 07:45 PM
The Official B&W Speakers Thread Speakers allstar780 2040 11-07-2018 03:49 AM
The Official Sony Speakers Thread Speakers MrRoy 2 08-02-2010 10:44 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:02 PM.