Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.74
2 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.21

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 01-23-2020, 02:23 PM   #941

Sep 2009

I still think the interior should be the last shot of the movie.
[Show spoiler]Rey with BB-8 looking into the distance.
Thanks given by:
birdztudio (01-24-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 06:51 PM   #942
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Ooh, that must be the 3-hour director's cut that was confirmed in the news

Seriously though, that's a pretty nice steelbook. I think that's the one I'm going for.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:05 PM   #943
Power Member

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadache95 View Post
Ooh, that must be the 3-hour director's cut that was confirmed in the news

Seriously though, that's a pretty nice steelbook. I think that's the one I'm going for.
fwiw the rumor was that version was going to be released on Disney+ lolol
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (01-24-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 09:09 PM   #944

Apr 2014
United States

If we aren't getting an extended edition, I hope they give us plenty of deleted scenes so fanedits can make their own.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:26 AM   #945
Power Member

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHawK82 View Post
I still think the interior should be the last shot of the movie.
[Show spoiler]Rey with BB-8 looking into the distance.
i'd love that
Old 01-24-2020, 01:12 AM   #946

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeangreyforever View Post
If we aren't getting an extended edition, I hope they give us plenty of deleted scenes so fanedits can make their own.
Won't be surprised if they put time stamps on the deleted scenes and put them in lower quality in order to dissuade that, not that that will stop some folks from trying.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:07 AM   #947

Jul 2012

Like that Target one or the wallet-busting Best Buy 9 movie set. Would like to know what's in the BB one.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:23 PM   #948
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

I haven’t followed this thread at all, so I apologize if this has already been covered lol but is Target the only store that has exclusive on-disc contents?
Old 02-04-2020, 03:51 PM   #949

Apr 2014

Ah, crap, I was hoping for digital extras so it's be easier to buy off of somebody. Super annoying that this is (presumably) not included in the box set.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:25 PM   #950

Sep 2011
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? I freakin' LOVED the
[Show spoiler]Han Solo bit, it may have been stolen lock, stock and barrel from Batman v Superman but it really resonated with me, it actually made me emotional in a way that his death in TFA never did because we've never had time to digest it, to take it in. It made me do a sad.

And I love Ben's sacrifice as well, as much as people moan that TROS doesn't feel like the capper to this trilogy that's because it's not, it really is a capper to the entire Skywalker saga and that Ben was able to use the power that his grandfather could never achieve - because it's born out of love and sacrifice, not hate and selfishness - to save Rey from death was quite frankly a glorious moment for me.
I know the discussion has moved on, but as much as I loved this moment, it's undercut slightly by JJ's worst impulse: cheating some emotional connection by essentially saying the original Star Wars trilogy are movies that the cast of the sequels have all seen and revere. I guess Han and Leia told Ben Solo about the "I know" exchange on Cloud City enough for the figment of Ben's imagination to make a callback? During his most vulnerable, painful moment? Same goes for Maz giving Chewbacca the medal. She's heard legend of the snub post-Battle of Yavin?

Also, this is collecting in one post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownstones19 View Post
Did not like this movie, but.....I might buy the Target exclusive
We need help.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:01 PM   #951
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane01 View Post
I know the discussion has moved on, but as much as I loved this moment, it's undercut slightly by JJ's worst impulse: cheating some emotional connection by essentially saying the original Star Wars trilogy are movies that the cast of the sequels have all seen and revere. I guess Han and Leia told Ben Solo about the "I know" exchange on Cloud City enough for the figment of Ben's imagination to make a callback? During his most vulnerable, painful moment? Same goes for Maz giving Chewbacca the medal. She's heard legend of the snub post-Battle of Yavin?
I don't even remember "I know" being a thing in that scene honestly. I more remember the "hey kid" and the handling of the lightsaber, directly calling back to Force Awakens in a nice way.
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (02-04-2020), rexcrk (02-04-2020)
Old 02-04-2020, 05:04 PM   #952
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
I don't even remember "I know" being a thing in that scene honestly. I more remember the "hey kid" and the handling of the lightsaber, directly calling back to Force Awakens in a nice way.
This. “I know” didn’t seem like a callback to me at all tbh.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:09 PM   #953
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2016
Here

Quote:
Same goes for Maz giving Chewbacca the medal. She's heard legend of the snub post-Battle of Yavin?
My take is that Maz gave Chewie the medal because it was Han's, it had been in Leia's possession and she had just died. So, it was kind of a keepsake. I never saw this as a callback to the Yavin ceremony.
Thanks given by:
ACalica917 (02-04-2020), HD Goofnut (02-04-2020), RoxyRoads (02-10-2020)
Old 02-04-2020, 09:00 PM   #954
Special Member

Jul 2008
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
directly calling back to Force Awakens in a nice way.
Funny, when I first saw, for me it called back to Empire Strikes Back's "I know".
Old 02-04-2020, 10:47 PM   #955
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:

Also, this is collecting in one post:

We need help.
I've literally just got back from seeing it again and I'm not sure I follow re: "I know", I couldn't even tell you who said "I know" if it was said in that scene. As such, it might just be meant to actually be someone saying "I know" normally rather than it being a callback.

As for Chewie, call me a soppy old tart but I got kinda emotional when Maz handed the medal over to Chewie. I don't care if it was meant to be given to Chewie for the Yavin snub or whether it was Han's and Maz is just passing it on, it's plain old fan service and in this case it just worked for me.
Thanks given by:
bferr1972 (02-04-2020), octagon (02-04-2020)
Old 02-04-2020, 11:09 PM   #956

Sep 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Of course it's a callback. It's Han Solo's final line in STAR WARS echoing what is probably his most iconic line.

But it works because in that moment, even if you don't know it's a callback, it fits that scene and that moment. It's Han comforting Ben.
Thanks given by:
overmang5 (02-04-2020)
Old 02-04-2020, 11:18 PM   #957
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2015
Minneapolis

My entire theater on opening night busted out laughing when Chewie received his medal. So therefore it is a callback to the Yavin ceremony, regardless of whether or not it was intended. That's how the audience took it. It received the largest collective guffaw of the whole viewing.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:25 PM   #958

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Shape View Post
Of course it's a callback. It's Han Solo's final line in STAR WARS echoing what is probably his most iconic line.

But it works because in that moment, even if you don't know it's a callback, it fits that scene and that moment. It's Han comforting Ben.
Exactly.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:29 PM   #959
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2016
Los Angeles

I liked the “I know” line in TROS. It’s flipped since in Empire it’s sort of a joke and here it’s more emotional.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:42 AM   #960
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Shape View Post

Which is exactly why it went completely over my head. Twice. It fits that moment perfectly and doesn't feel like something shoehorned in just becuz OT callbacks hur hur, if that's all people get from it to the point where they have to rationalise it with what Ben's parents told him about their adventures then that's on them. It didn't spoil it for me one iota.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies