Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
18 hrs ago
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
8 hrs ago
Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
7 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Spider-Man Limited Edition 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.71
8 hrs ago
Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.35

Dolittle 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 12-12-2019, 04:18 AM   #9701

Dec 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
Contact Roadshow and they'll send you a replacement.

maria_mercuri@roadshow.com.au
Yeah I've sent her an email although it's probably too late by now. Still, they may have boxes of unclaimed replacement discs lying about.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:55 AM   #9702
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
UK
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRochester View Post
Try Amazon Canada. It's $20 CDN there (I cannot comment on shipping fees or customs fees) and when I purchased it earlier this year it was the corrected version with the red barcode and it was a completely English version (i.e. no English/French bilingual writing on the cover or spine like most Canadian releases).
Thanks for the info mate, ordered it and itís been shipped already. £10 cheaper than the UK release and without error. Much appreciated!
Thanks given by:
RCRochester (12-21-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 07:51 PM   #9703
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2016
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Friendly View Post
Yeah I've sent her an email although it's probably too late by now. Still, they may have boxes of unclaimed replacement discs lying about.
I doubt it's going out of print any time soon...
Old 12-13-2019, 11:52 PM   #9704

Dec 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
I doubt it's going out of print any time soon...
She got back to me pretty quick and offered a replacement so that was nice.
Thanks given by:
Pgcmoore (12-14-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 05:03 PM   #9705

Oct 2019
Canada

I like the spaceship control panel like disc menu!

Last edited by zen007; 12-21-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:35 PM   #9706

Jul 2019

So this has been on sale for Zavvi UK for a short time now and I decided to bite the bullet by ordering a copy. Is there any way without opening the packaging to know whether this UK version is the 'fixed' version?
Old 01-29-2020, 01:37 PM   #9707
Special Member

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosPhantom View Post
So this has been on sale for Zavvi UK for a short time now and I decided to bite the bullet by ordering a copy. Is there any way without opening the packaging to know whether this UK version is the 'fixed' version?
I thought the UK version never got the fix, but I could definitely be misremembering that.
Thanks given by:
KaosPhantom (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 01:45 PM   #9708
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colson View Post
I thought the UK version never got the fix, but I could definitely be misremembering that.
We've never heard of it being fixed because Warners UK flat-out denied that there was any problem to the people they corresponded with (didn't even get a reply to my own queries, heh) and not many people have been brave enough to buy it since! But FWIW the fixed French disc has the exact same art as the UK disc, BBFC logos included, so it's technically possible that newer stock may have the fixed discs after all. Only way to know is to buy it, I mean I hadn't heard of the French version even being corrected until I bought it: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...5#post16793405
Thanks given by:
Colson (01-29-2020), KaosPhantom (01-29-2020), Pgcmoore (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 02:25 PM   #9709

Jul 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
We've never heard of it being fixed because Warners UK flat-out denied that there was any problem to the people they corresponded with (didn't even get a reply to my own queries, heh) and not many people have been brave enough to buy it since! But FWIW the fixed French disc has the exact same art as the UK disc, BBFC logos included, so it's technically possible that newer stock may have the fixed discs after all. Only way to know is to buy it, I mean I hadn't heard of the French version even being corrected until I bought it: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...5#post16793405
Interesting... I'm wondering on whether or not to take the risk. I know for sure having the unfixed copy will continue to drive me crazy.

Assuming I do opt for the French release instead, is it necessary that the cover have the red sticker on the back, or does it purely boil down to checking the code on the disc itself? Thanks for all the assistance btw!
Old 01-29-2020, 02:39 PM   #9710
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosPhantom View Post
Interesting... I'm wondering on whether or not to take the risk. I know for sure having the unfixed copy will continue to drive me crazy.

Assuming I do opt for the French release instead, is it necessary that the cover have the red sticker on the back, or does it purely boil down to checking the code on the disc itself? Thanks for all the assistance btw!
You'd still have to actually buy it and open it to check the code on the disc, no? That's why they came up with the red dot device, but someone went and ordered the French one after I did and they ended up with the uncorrected version. And I'm sure someone else then said that they did receive the corrected version from France but that it didn't have the red dot on the cover!

Long story short, there's no way to know in either case without buying it and keeping your fingers crossed. Worth a try I think
Thanks given by:
KaosPhantom (01-29-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 10:26 PM   #9711

Jul 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
You'd still have to actually buy it and open it to check the code on the disc, no? That's why they came up with the red dot device, but someone went and ordered the French one after I did and they ended up with the uncorrected version. And I'm sure someone else then said that they did receive the corrected version from France but that it didn't have the red dot on the cover!

Long story short, there's no way to know in either case without buying it and keeping your fingers crossed. Worth a try I think
I decided to go ahead and secure the French copy while I still could. Let's hope the infamous 'circle rouge' is present! Fingers crossed.
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (01-29-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 06:07 PM   #9712
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
Lightbulb

So I watched my old 2007 copy last night, upscaled on my 4K set-up and it looked good enough that I had my doubts the 4K transfer could look a whole heck of a lot better so I read in this thread a tiny bit and just came back from caps-a-holic and I gotta find me a copy asap.

This was enough! vv
https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x...&l=0&i=15&go=1

Heck, I have owned this blu-ray for years and I have only seen it a few times, the last time before last night was ages ago, man what a wonderful film!

I am excited to see the 4K transfer in motion!
Thanks given by:
Wes_k089 (02-09-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 06:14 PM   #9713
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008

Oh and 2001: A Space Odyssey is what ~2.5 hours? Last night I swear by the end credits it felt like it was ~25 minutes. That is some great entertainment!

I look forward to seeing it ~3-4 more times over the next week or so.
Thanks given by:
ToEhrIsHuman (02-09-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 09:21 PM   #9714
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
Lightbulb

In case anybody else here wants a copy, I found a seller on eBay that is selling some for a pretty decent price delivered. Yeah I could buy a new one and sell the DC but this has been out long enough that I doubt the demand is very high here at Blu-ray.com for the DC. Plus there are a ton of DCs for sale on eBay.

I am not sure what the rules are so I won't post a link. Just do a search on eBay USA for

2001 A Space Odyssey 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray - No Digital

I think the seller has like ~9 left, discs are untouched as they were only opened to remove the DC and they look to be pretty much 100% mint with slipcovers. $15.99 USD shipped.

These are pics from the actual seller's page at eBay. vv

[Show spoiler]
Old 02-09-2020, 09:49 PM   #9715
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008

Hey, I suppose if there was anything I noticed while watching my 2007 last night its the black levels and contrast while not horrible, still on the ~rough side for a 1080p transfer even though it is still nice enough given its age etc. , technically I could live with this 1080p disc if I had do, but I don't so I won't.

Yes there does appear to be a nice improvement by looking at the caps at Caps-a-holic but I want to be stunned, continuously for ~2.5 hours straight!
Old 02-18-2020, 04:58 AM   #9716
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009

I watched this tonight and it was phenomenal. This is the holy grail of 4K disc entertainment!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies