Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26
16 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.80
8 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Fifth Element 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.76
12 hrs ago
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.21

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.74
22 hrs ago
The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 03-01-2018, 08:05 PM   #41
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
lol, Paramount are gonna snatch that title clean away from the big S unless the latter starts putting out more Dolby Vision product.
Competition can be a beautiful motivator.
Thanks given by:
legends of beyond (03-02-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 08:12 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallowedSZ View Post
Oh my dear ****ing god....Braveheart and Gladiator on the same day. I can't take any more. I'll be in poverty by the summer.
Braveheart and Gladiator were released on the same day on Blu-ray, so I have a little deja vu. I still remember how both Gladiator and SPR had to be fixed after release -- the first Gladiator BD was marred by excessive DNR and EE (resulting in disappearing arrows, etc.), while the first SPR BD had a problem with the audio. Fingers crossed that they get the UHDs right the first time!
Thanks given by:
wesslan (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 08:26 PM   #43

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
lol, Paramount are gonna snatch that title clean away from the big S unless the latter starts putting out more Dolby Vision product.

Anyhoo, another guaranteed purchase here. Maybe not day 1 as I'm not the world's biggest fan of the movie but I like it for its sheer grit and the James Horner score.
Man, that James Horner score is to me one of the best in cinema history. Just great.
Thanks given by:
Dubstar (03-02-2018), Geoff D (03-01-2018), MartinScorsesefan (03-05-2018), r9800pro (03-04-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 08:41 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Amako View Post
Braveheart and Gladiator were released on the same day on Blu-ray, so I have a little deja vu. I still remember how both Gladiator and SPR had to be fixed after release -- the first Gladiator BD was marred by excessive DNR and EE (resulting in disappearing arrows, etc.), while the first SPR BD had a problem with the audio. Fingers crossed that they get the UHDs right the first time!
I remember that whole fiasco, not just the DNR, but there was a $10 rebate form for each of those. Best buy putt hem on sale for $12.99 I believe, so if you cut your proof-of-purchase off your DVD and the receipt for the Blu-ray, you ended up with $2.99 movie. BB screwed the pooch. I got denied my rebate because it was for the month of September and started on release date. Well, BB let you pre-order it and they charged my account a day or two prior to release (when they mailed it) and the date on my receipt was BEFORE the rebate was allowed. I had to call and explain there it wasn't released early and it wasn't my fault. Anyways, I had complained to BB and they refunded me $10 each. A few weeks after I had complained to Paramount, I got my two $10 rebate checks. I didn't mean to get double refunds from both, I was just trying to get it straight. They ended up paying me to take those movies .
Thanks given by:
guachi (03-02-2018)
Old 03-02-2018, 12:14 AM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
Competition can be a beautiful motivator.
Absolutely.

Sony has done a tremendous job thus far for sure.

But as I mentioned in the Cloverfield thread, all of Paramount's titles have looked exceptional, but because they haven't released a lot of 'sexy' titles quite yet, they're not talked about as much.

But as Geoff pointed out, the fact that they're basically all-in on DV for virtually all of their titles going forward, they're really starting to grab this format by the horns.

Disney is also creeping up on Sony.

Dolby Vision or no Dolby Vision, 'Coco' was absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:15 AM   #46

Aug 2009
Derbyshire United Kingdom
Default Yes, but

It wasn't that long ago that I would have been so excited by this. What has spoiled it is continued exposure to a film of the same era,set in the same location but a later time period. It was eclipsed at the time by the bigger, grander film, but is much the stronger story despite - or maybe because of - the smaller scale.
Anyone else prefer Rob Roy ?
Thanks given by:
Sergeant Howie (03-03-2018)
Old 03-02-2018, 02:03 AM   #47
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by nws56 View Post
It wasn't that long ago that I would have been so excited by this. What has spoiled it is continued exposure to a film of the same era,set in the same location but a later time period. It was eclipsed at the time by the bigger, grander film, but is much the stronger story despite - or maybe because of - the smaller scale.
Anyone else prefer Rob Roy ?
Nope. However, there are script flaws in both films.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:22 AM   #48
Expert Member

Oct 2017

I'm fairly certain I saw this with my father while I was interning in the summer of 1995. I haven't seen it since then.

As long as the price is reasonable for a catalog title I'm in. This will be a rare pre-2000 release that's not an anniversary or in conjunction with a new movie (or both, like Jurassic Park)
Old 03-02-2018, 03:28 AM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Colorado, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetieMan View Post
Absolutely.

Sony has done a tremendous job thus far for sure.

But as I mentioned in the Cloverfield thread, all of Paramount's titles have looked exceptional, but because they haven't released a lot of 'sexy' titles quite yet, they're not talked about as much.

But as Geoff pointed out, the fact that they're basically all-in on DV for virtually all of their titles going forward, they're really starting to grab this format by the horns.

Disney is also creeping up on Sony.

Dolby Vision or no Dolby Vision, 'Coco' was absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous.
As strong as their transfers may be so far, Disney is gonna need to start dipping their toes into catalog titles if they want to even be discussed among the best studios for UHD.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:28 AM   #50
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio23 View Post
Man, that James Horner score is to me one of the best in cinema history. Just great.
It's his best score, for sure. He's no John Williams with a long list of classic scores and often times plagiarized himself.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:29 AM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Colorado, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFreakosaurus View Post
It's his best score, for sure.
Aliens and Titanic would like a word with you!
Old 03-02-2018, 03:29 AM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainofj72 View Post
As strong as their transfers may be so far, Disney is gonna need to start dipping their toes into catalog titles if they want to even be discussed among the best studios for UHD.
I doubt they'll be doing much dipping. They're the worst next to Paramount and with them snagging Fox, things will get much, much worse.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:31 AM   #53
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Aliens and Titanic would like a word with you!
I didn't like Titanic's score. Aliens was very good, but again he was not as prolific as Williams nor as memorable.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:32 AM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Colorado, USA

Quote:
I doubt they'll be doing much dipping. They're the worst next to Paramount and with them snagging Fox, things will get much, much worse.
Next to Paramount? You mean the studio releasing a ridiculously great slate of catalog titles in 2018?

Disney and Fox are definitely the worst for catalog stuff. At least Fox is getting Die Hard out there, I guess, but they need to work harder!

But, yeah, I would guess it's probably gonna be a year or two before Disney starts eking out UHD catalog releases.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:33 AM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Colorado, USA

Quote:
I didn't like Titanic's score. Aliens was very good, but again he was not as prolific as Williams nor as memorable.
Who is, though?
Old 03-02-2018, 03:41 AM   #56
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Next to Paramount? You mean the studio releasing a ridiculously great slate of catalog titles in 2018?

Disney and Fox are definitely the worst for catalog stuff. At least Fox is getting Die Hard out there, I guess, but they need to work harder!

But, yeah, I would guess it's probably gonna be a year or two before Disney starts eking out UHD catalog releases.
Paramount/Viacom picks the same few catalog titles over and over and over. They are sitting on a treasure trove of golden age classics that are from decades past and there they lay. God knows if the elements have been properly archived and/or restored.

Those are true classics to me. Die Hard and Braveheart and the like are modern or neo classics.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:45 AM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Colorado, USA

Quote:
Paramount/Viacom picks the same few catalog titles over and over and over. They are sitting on a treasure trove of golden age classics that are from decades past and there they lay. God knows if the elements have been properly archived and/or restored.

Those are true classics to me. Die Hard and Braveheart and the like are modern or neo classics.
Ah, I see what you mean. I was referring specifically to UHD discs, and I donít expect many of those older movies to appear on the format for quite some time, if at all, unfortunately.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:48 AM   #58
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio23 View Post
indeed ... now I want to rehear the music score now
Old 03-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #59
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Netherlands

Pre-order is up:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd...=0032429306463
Old 03-03-2018, 11:45 AM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

.. and here:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bravehe...skuId=33917164
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies