Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
10 hrs ago
Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96
21 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
22 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Spider-Man Limited Edition 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.82
22 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Flight of the Butterflies 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50
43 min ago
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.38
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2018, 08:47 AM   #41
LoSouL LoSouL is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
LoSouL's Avatar
 
Jan 2017
229
621
29
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
I wonder if they will get all new scans or if they will in some way be ports/upscales of the far superior Region B remasters that blow the US releases out of the water. I'm curious to see how they look compared to the German box set. I'm assuming since Lionsgate distributes StudioCanal, they will use those masters.
Is there a region A equivalent for those? A Japanese disc by any chance?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:21 AM   #42
DJR662 DJR662 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
DJR662's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opips3 View Post
It looks like any other regular modern day Operation Wolf clone but still fun. I can always enjoy these type of games. Wish these aracde games would get ported over to consoles like in the old days.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
evoll (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 09:25 AM   #43
Poya Poya is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2011
North Hollywood, CA
7
Default

Die Hard... First Blood... now where the hellís Commando? My John Trilogy wonít complete itself!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Cherokee Jack (03-21-2018), chuffster (03-21-2018), HeavyHitter (05-07-2018), OutOfBoose (03-21-2018), portishead (03-21-2018), reanimator (03-21-2018), ROSS.T.G. (03-21-2018), StrayButler91 (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 12:53 PM   #44
Brightstar Brightstar is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Brightstar's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
43
4
Default

who is this john Rambo ? i love all 4 rambo movies
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #45
qw0aszx qw0aszx is offline
Senior Member
 
qw0aszx's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
China
1
923
40
33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
I wonder if they will get all new scans or if they will in some way be ports/upscales of the far superior Region B remasters that blow the US releases out of the water.
The last time (last year) I heard was Studio Canal planning to do the new 4K restoration of the first film, so I believe the first three films all received 4K restorations by SC now and the UHD will use these sources.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:38 PM   #46
gnj1958 gnj1958 is offline
Senior Member
 
gnj1958's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
New Mexico
131
918
20
Default

Company leader calling Raven ... come in Raven.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ROSS.T.G. (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #47
StrayButler91 StrayButler91 is offline
Power Member
 
StrayButler91's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Australia
384
2821
160
116
1
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poya View Post
Die Hard... First Blood... now where the hellís Commando? My John Trilogy wonít complete itself!
I support this message.

Theatrical and DC of Commando in 4K, please

And while they're at it... Predator.

... I'll just show myself out...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
chuffster (03-21-2018), Poya (03-21-2018), ROSS.T.G. (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 02:08 PM   #48
fitprod fitprod is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayButler91 View Post
And while they're at it... Predator.
With a sequel coming, I believe Predator is inevitable. Hopefully they'll re-transfer the film from the original elements, the "Ultimate" edition was a horrible transfer.

fitprod
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:17 PM   #49
Torgon Torgon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Torgon's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Virginia
1
236
1604
396
7
2
Default

Almost time for a Rambo moviethon (In 4K, and yes, I will watch III)!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #50
xSAMCOx xSAMCOx is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2017
Default

Lovly news if out im buying instant.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:05 PM   #51
dcx4610 dcx4610 is offline
Senior Member
 
Jun 2012
147
447
11
Default

Love 1 and 2.

I'm a defender of part 3. It's not a good movie and it feels completely unnecessary but it's an interesting period piece. Especially with what is going on in the world these days.

It's a decent movie on its own and it's much better than most other part 3s of action franchises.

Day 1 for the 4k set.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:09 PM   #52
FilmFreakosaurus FilmFreakosaurus is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Apr 2012
US of A
306
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qw0aszx View Post
The last time (last year) I heard was Studio Canal planning to do the new 4K restoration of the first film, so I believe the first three films all received 4K restorations by SC now and the UHD will use these sources.
After the T2 debacle it's quite possible Studio Canal f'd these up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #53
FilmFreakosaurus FilmFreakosaurus is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Apr 2012
US of A
306
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post
With a sequel coming, I believe Predator is inevitable. Hopefully they'll re-transfer the film from the original elements, the "Ultimate" edition was a horrible transfer.

fitprod
Fox just used the same HD transfer as before and scrubbed the hell out of it and made everyone look like wax dummies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #54
qw0aszx qw0aszx is offline
Senior Member
 
qw0aszx's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
China
1
923
40
33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFreakosaurus View Post
After the T2 debacle it's quite possible Studio Canal f'd these up.
I think most restorations done by SC were decent, it was their encoding problem that worries me all the time. And there's no 3D version of these films, so they don't have any reason to DNR the hell of them like T2.

Last edited by qw0aszx; 03-21-2018 at 05:13 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #55
cynatnite cynatnite is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
cynatnite's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Kingsport, TN
258
784
405
30
42
34
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcx4610 View Post
Love 1 and 2.

I'm a defender of part 3. It's not a good movie and it feels completely unnecessary but it's an interesting period piece. Especially with what is going on in the world these days.

It's a decent movie on its own and it's much better than most other part 3s of action franchises.

Day 1 for the 4k set.
I love one and 2. I enjoy the hell out of 3. What's strange in our household, husband is not a fan of the Rambo movies while I love them. Normally, he's the one who enjoys these kinds of movies. Go figure.

Day 1 for the set here, too!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:22 PM   #56
ROSS.T.G. ROSS.T.G. is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Jan 2010
In my theatre room
49
317
1452
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSouL View Post
Is there a region A equivalent for those? A Japanese disc by any chance?
The Canada Mongrel set is very nice in particular First Blood. Trounces the LG release.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
LoSouL (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 06:09 PM   #57
singhcr singhcr is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
singhcr's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Apple Valley, MN
11
5
23
4
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynatnite View Post
I love one and 2. I enjoy the hell out of 3. What's strange in our household, husband is not a fan of the Rambo movies while I love them. Normally, he's the one who enjoys these kinds of movies. Go figure.

Day 1 for the set here, too!
Take that, gender roles!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
cynatnite (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 06:30 PM   #58
Bates_Motel Bates_Motel is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Bates_Motel's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
Los Angeles
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qw0aszx View Post
The last time (last year) I heard was Studio Canal planning to do the new 4K restoration of the first film, so I believe the first three films all received 4K restorations by SC now and the UHD will use these sources.
Oh, nice. Looking forward to seeing them if that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSouL View Post
Is there a region A equivalent for those? A Japanese disc by any chance?
I don't know. I know theres' a region free Australian set with the same cover art, but no idea if the discs are the same. I remember reading that the German was correct in regards to Rambo III having the proper subtitles, whereas some other editions had all the extra subs included you were never meant to see.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
LoSouL (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #59
bluescholar bluescholar is offline
Senior Member
 
Oct 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
I can always enjoy these type of games. Wish these aracde games would get ported over to consoles like in the old days.
Wow, you've never heard of "MAME"?

I suggest you get on that. I have over 20,000 arcade games on my HTPC (pretty much anything you can think of and vast numbers of pure gold that you've never even heard of I can assure you.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #60
LMFAObros LMFAObros is offline
Power Member
 
LMFAObros's Avatar
 
Jan 2016
Melbourne
90
2168
1
50
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
I don't know. I know theres' a region free Australian set with the same cover art, but no idea if the discs are the same. I remember reading that the German was correct in regards to Rambo III having the proper subtitles, whereas some other editions had all the extra subs included you were never meant to see.
I bought the australian set less than a week ago and checked it. Rambo 3 is b locked and only has english audio and having the proper subs. There are only one subs so there arnt full subtitles like the first 2 movies. 1 and 2 are region free and have english subs and other dubs/subs plus extras on all 3. I will only get rambo in 4k if they package the extended cut with it
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
LoSouL (03-21-2018)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:25 PM.