Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dolittle 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
5 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Dark Knight Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$52.99

Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.97

Spider-Man Limited Edition 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.01
5 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 07-10-2018, 04:36 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Virginia

Translation from the website:

Warner plans for "Superman: The Movie" by 1978 a 4k UHD Blu-ray. The super Hero Classic from the DC Universe is expected to appear in a completely restored version in November of this year.

Warner uses his "movie Treasure Chest" again. Presumably on November 08, 2018, "Superman: The Movie" (The Superman Movie) will appear as a restored 4k version with high dynamic Range (HDR). Further details have not been published yet. The Warner knows how to deal with old footage, you could see (and hear) regretting the rereleases of "Blade Runner: Final Cut", "merciless" and "Goodfellas".

As soon as exact specifications for the 4k UHD release are released, you will also find them in our 4k Blu-ray complete list again!
Thanks given by:
SwaGGInTheShadows (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 04:36 PM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Kingsport, TN

I prefer the theatrical release. The three hour movie I didn't care for at all. It's just too long for no good reason, IMO.
Thanks given by:
afr52 (07-11-2018), flyry (07-15-2018), Geoff D (07-10-2018), ncraft (07-11-2018), ROSS.T.G. (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 04:38 PM   #43
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Virginia
Warner Bros

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
If they can also release the other Ned Beaty comic book movies on 4K (Superman II, Captain America) that would be cool.
You got lucky that they were both released on Blu-ray. We may get Superman II eventually, but I don't think Captain America will make it to 4K.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:46 PM   #44
Banned

May 2018

Quote:
If they can also release the other Ned Beaty comic book movies on 4K (Superman II, Captain America) that would be cool.
Captain America with director approved VHS insert scenes upscaled to DV 4k!
Old 07-10-2018, 04:54 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009

With any luck, I'll be busy with three other Captain America movies on UHD.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:56 PM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Kay View Post
Captain America with director approved VHS insert scenes upscaled to DV 4k!
(Not to get off track) I have this (not 4K) on Blu-ray put out by Albert Pyun himself.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:03 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
With any luck, I'll be busy with three other Captain America movies on UHD.
I think I would only be in for the 1st one and even that one I'm not the keenest on. I really like Captain America, but I don't like his movies as much. The first is probably the best of the three for me (but that isn't saying a lot). I think that's because it's a true Captain America movie and not a Captain America and Friends show. Of the solo movies, I prefer the Iron Man movies as they are true "solo" movies.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009

Quote:
I think that's because it's a true Captain America movie and not a Captain America and Friends show. Of the solo movies, I prefer the Iron Man movies as they are true "solo" movies.
Oh, Rhodey and Pepper say "Hi!"
Old 07-10-2018, 05:28 PM   #49
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

I wonder if they will be using the Extended Cut as the basis for this 4k restoration or if they will have the theatrical and Extended using seamless branching.

The first Extended Cut restoration had color corrected the Superman suit during the optical composite flying shots and had digital wire removal.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:39 PM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Quote:
Oh, Rhodey and Pepper say "Hi!"
Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen say hi as well. What's your point? tons of comic book movies have side characters. Doesn't mean they're still not solo movies.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:41 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009

Quote:
Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen say hi as well. What's your point? tons of comic book movies have side characters. Doesn't mean they're still not solo movies.
My point is that I don't see the difference between the Iron Man movies and the Captain America movies (at least the first two) as far as side characters go.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:42 PM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFreakosaurus View Post
I wonder if they will be using the Extended Cut as the basis for this 4k restoration or if they will have the theatrical and Extended using seamless branching.

The first Extended Cut restoration had color corrected the Superman suit during the optical composite flying shots and had digital wire removal.
Yeah, I'm wondering. I don't know about the extended cut, but I do know the previous BDs were from IPs scanned at 2K.

Hopefully they have gone back to the original negative. My guess is we'll see the theatrical and SE versions.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:45 PM   #53
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007

Quote:
I'll wait til the next movie comes out. They're doing another superman movie and they'll release this again with that one. Be nice if they waited til the new movie comes out so we wouldn't have to buy this again.
Ah man, don't be one of those guys.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:53 PM   #54
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colson View Post
Ah, makes sense. Even in remixes, I do hate when sound effects get replaced. I'm actually unaware of issues with other releases of this title. Were sound effects replaced?
Oh hell yes. Lots of sound FX were changed in the 5.1 remix from the 2001 special edition. The most obvious example was the wooshing sounds during the opening credits.

The Special Edition Mix:

The Original Theatrical Mix:

Old 07-10-2018, 05:59 PM   #55
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Quote:
My point is that I don't see the difference between the Iron Man movies and the Captain America movies (at least the first two) as far as side characters go.
That's a very good point. I'm not sure why my aversion to the 2nd Captain America movie now, as I did enjoy it quite a bit. My only guess would be my limited range of space in the house these days. I had a big entertainment center and a chest of drawers where I kept all my movies. Now that I don't have them anymore I'm really seeing how more open and airy the house is without them. I have a smaller entertainment center and it's already getting filled with equipment, vinyl, and movies. I could always get more shelf space, but I actually like it now the way it is. I do miss my old collection from time to time, but I find this new collection is already better in a lot of ways. Since I don't have the shelf space I have to be selective about what I buy and I like that. Now, my collection pretty much has only the absolute must-haves. And with future purchases I only want to get the movies I will watch more often and that are really good. and no blind buys for me anymore.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:04 PM   #56
Expert Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
That's a very good point. I'm not sure why my aversion to the 2nd Captain America movie now, as I did enjoy it quite a bit. My only guess would be my limited range of space in the house these days. I had a big entertainment center and a chest of drawers where I kept all my movies. Now that I don't have them anymore I'm really seeing how more open and airy the house is without them. I have a smaller entertainment center and it's already getting filled with equipment, vinyl, and movies. I could always get more shelf space, but I actually like it now the way it is. I do miss my old collection from time to time, but I find this new collection is already better in a lot of ways. Since I don't have the shelf space I have to be selective about what I buy and I like that. Now, my collection pretty much has only the absolute must-haves. And with future purchases I only want to get the movies I will watch more often and that are really good. and no blind buys for me anymore.
Go (iTunes) digital and never look back, sir
Old 07-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

I could never do that. I prefer physical media. Hell, I still have several cd players and a DAP. I will never go iTunes if I can help it.

Side note: this is really cool AND informative.

Thanks given by:
KindredCoda (07-11-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 06:15 PM   #58
Special Member

Oct 2017
Clarksville, TN

Perfect timing for the film's 40th anniversary!
Old 07-10-2018, 06:28 PM   #59
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Batman '89 is thirty, next year. Something better be in the pipeline for it.

As for Supes, theatrical cut, or f*** off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-Blu View Post
I'll literally pass out if Batman '89 comes on 4K fully remastered like Superman is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
This gives me hope for Batman and Batman Returns (and Schumacher stuff too).
WB is most likely going to release at least 89-Forever on 4K, at least based on some surveys I took from them.

Quote:
So you razz the guy about wanting the cheezy gloriousness that is Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze on 4K, then you go on to wish for the 1990 Captain America on 4K?

Italian Red Skull, a pathetic Captain America who "died" on his first mission, no Bucky, a shield that magically changes sizes, and rubber ears, are far more worthy of a 4K release? Hypocrisy thy name is fightthefutureofhd.

We might as well ask for the Reb Brown movies as well.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2011
Scotland

Fingers crossed that we get the theatrical cut and the original stereo mix.
Thanks given by:
PrestonXI (08-13-2018), reanimator (07-10-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies