Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Dolittle 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
10 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26
 
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
The Dark Knight Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$52.99
 
The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.37
13 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2018, 02:19 PM   #21
nekromantik nekromantik is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
nekromantik's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Bristol, UK
4
4
549
Default

seeing this in few hours!
im sure there will be a steelbook
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #22
LoSouL LoSouL is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
LoSouL's Avatar
 
Jan 2017
229
621
29
43
Default

This movie flew under my radar. Looks awesome and like it can definitely shine on UHD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:46 PM   #23
Agent Kay Agent Kay is offline
Banned
 
May 2018
57
57
Default

That was amazing fun, great sound mix also
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ronboster (11-15-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 09:38 PM   #24
notops notops is online now
Power Member
 
notops's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
Los Angeles, California
674
1
4
Default

I saw this in Dolby Cinema last night. Wow! That Atmos sound was the most aggressive mix I've heard yet. This will finally push me to get Atmos at home when this gets released.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Matt_Murdock (12-06-2018), Mobe1969 (11-12-2018), richardsim7 (11-28-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 09:49 PM   #25
nekromantik nekromantik is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
nekromantik's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Bristol, UK
4
4
549
Default

i enjoyed it but it did not live up to the gore hype.
only one real visceral scene and then rest there was hardly any blood.
like grenade in mouth....that should create a lot of blood.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
kong73 (11-12-2018)
Old 11-11-2018, 10:08 PM   #26
notops notops is online now
Power Member
 
notops's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
Los Angeles, California
674
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
i enjoyed it but it did not live up to the gore hype.
only one real visceral scene and then rest there was hardly any blood.
like grenade in mouth....that should create a lot of blood.
Yeah, I was expecting gallons of gore and got very little. Not that I'm complaining. The movie was badass from start to finish.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:57 PM   #27
gates70 gates70 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
gates70's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Aylmer, Quebec
47
357
2656
1
Default

Day 1! Should be amazing in my HT.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:14 PM   #28
Dubstar Dubstar is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Dubstar's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock
1
173
1873
295
4
19
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notops View Post
I saw this in Dolby Cinema last night. Wow! That Atmos sound was the most aggressive mix I've heard yet. This will finally push me to get Atmos at home when this gets released.
the UHD should include D-Box, the Dolby Cinema presentation in terms of the 'rumble' seats feature was off the charts ~ unfrickin' real!!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
portishead (11-14-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 08:36 AM   #29
tcripe tcripe is offline
Power Member
 
tcripe's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
Seattle
Default

Bummer that this movie isn’t making much money. I would of loved to see a film franchise come from it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #30
kyloren kyloren is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
kyloren's Avatar
 
Aug 2016
California
232
749
95
29
Default

One of the loudest movies I've ever seen! Definitely a DAY 1!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:56 PM   #31
ronboster ronboster is offline
Power Member
 
ronboster's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
8
Default

Really liked the movie. Like others, the sound mix was fantastic. I would describe the film as a 70's drive-in war movie with "zombie/creature" elements. The imagine of the french village girl firing the machine gun in the church tunnel looked like it could fit into the Rodriguez/Tarantino Grindhouse film.

I'm looking forward to the UHD. I'm wish it was more popular.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
hairlesswookiee (12-01-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 03:34 PM   #32
Cherokee Jack Cherokee Jack is offline
Power Member
 
Cherokee Jack's Avatar
 
Jul 2017
Pennsylvania
84
Default

Saw this a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Broke my streak of disappointing theater experiences.

I agree with others in here that it wasn't what I was expecting. More of a straight up WWII mission movie with a horror twist than a gore fest. The movie is solid in pretty much every way but I'd have preferred the middle to have been a bit less talky as the action sequences at the beginning and end were very fun.

Is this not showing on many screens? Wasn't at my preferred theater this week and didn't have too many showtimes at the multiplex I ended up going to. On a related note, I won't bother judging image quality based on seeing films at this particular theater in the future. Definitely has darker and duller screens than the other local theater I recently tried.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:45 PM   #33
ronboster ronboster is offline
Power Member
 
ronboster's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Jack View Post
Saw this a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Broke my streak of disappointing theater experiences.

I agree with others in here that it wasn't what I was expecting. More of a straight up WWII mission movie with a horror twist than a gore fest. The movie is solid in pretty much every way but I'd have preferred the middle to have been a bit less talky as the action sequences at the beginning and end were very fun.

Is this not showing on many screens? Wasn't at my preferred theater this week and didn't have too many showtimes at the multiplex I ended up going to. On a related note, I won't bother judging image quality based on seeing films at this particular theater in the future. Definitely has darker and duller screens than the other local theater I recently tried.
CJ: I feel the same way about quality of the theater experience when judging what the Home media experience may translate to...

That being said, I went to a locally owned theater, which has two large screens and two small screens (50 seats each). I feel like I got a good indication of the audio experience, but the video presentation from this theater left a lot to be desired. They had wall sconces on the entire film. I didn't ask if that was normal and just sat back and enjoyed the film. The fact I was the only one in the theater was a first in a while.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:07 PM   #34
Dubstar Dubstar is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Dubstar's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock
1
173
1873
295
4
19
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronboster View Post
CJ: I feel the same way about quality of the theater experience when judging what the Home media experience may translate to...

That being said, I went to a locally owned theater, which has two large screens and two small screens (50 seats each). I feel like I got a good indication of the audio experience, but the video presentation from this theater left a lot to be desired. They had wall sconces on the entire film. I didn't ask if that was normal and just sat back and enjoyed the film. The fact I was the only one in the theater was a first in a while.
even though the DCP is 2K, the Dolby Cinema laser presentation looked great: with a gradation of black levels and bursts of red & orange notably when fire comes into play; you can bet the UHD will compensate for the flaws in less than prime theaters.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ronboster (11-16-2018)
Old 11-17-2018, 04:56 AM   #35
XavierTheaterPotato XavierTheaterPotato is online now
Expert Member
 
XavierTheaterPotato's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
Wisconsin
143
254
33
Default

Went to my Local theater for this film earlier today. While the Audio equipment might not be up to the highest standards, but I could immediately tell the audio from the film is heavily active from start to finish, and it was miles louder than Fantastic Beasts in the same theater on the same day.

Definite Buy from me! I loved every second of it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:28 AM   #36
rallymonkey rallymonkey is offline
Senior Member
 
rallymonkey's Avatar
 
May 2010
New Hampshire
497
3817
157
3
14
Default

Currently $24.99 at Target.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
weberrygt (11-30-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 08:21 AM   #37
Quint van der Vaart Quint van der Vaart is offline
Senior Member
 
Quint van der Vaart's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
The Netherlands
4
Default

Possible release date : 05 February 2019.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:45 AM   #38
Pieter V Pieter V is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Pieter V's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Netherlands
1
14
Default

Release date: Jan 29th, 2019.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Kamelot121 (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 12:29 PM   #39
Quint van der Vaart Quint van der Vaart is offline
Senior Member
 
Quint van der Vaart's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
The Netherlands
4
Default

Did you just diss me with that date Pieter
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #40
Pieter V Pieter V is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Pieter V's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Netherlands
1
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint van der Vaart View Post
Did you just diss me with that date Pieter
I hope so. The earlier the better.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Quint van der Vaart (12-02-2018)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:33 PM.