Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dolittle 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
10 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26

Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Dark Knight Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$52.99

The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.37
13 hrs ago
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 02-06-2019, 11:15 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2014
Malaysia
USA

Zavvi will release 4K+3D+2D, pretty awesome! What are the chances that US release will also get the same treatment? Last time (4K+3D+2D) it was Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk IIRC
Thanks given by:
Agent Kay (02-09-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 11:23 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2017
Maine, US

Wasn't a 4K + 3D US release already shown in the other thread?

I bet when Avatar hits UHD it'll come with the combo 3D + 2D Blu-ray disc too. Oh that James Cameron...
Old 02-06-2019, 11:40 PM   #43
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

I've read some of the dialog and plot excerpts and I have to wonder if Cameron and Rodriguez were drunk at the time they came up with this adaptation.

Those parts were nonsensical/illogical and/or cringe-worthy with the clunkiest of scripting. I have a hunch the critics are right to pan this one and a big reason Fox chose a February release. February is when questionable or outright lousy films are typically dumped.

Maybe worth a rental. We'll see.

This does not bode well for the numerous Avatar sequels and the upcoming T3 (yes, it's actually T3 as it's setup as a direct T2 sequel with a script supervised by Cameron). The Cameron of The Terminator and Aliens caliber is no longer around.

Last edited by FilmFreakosaurus; 02-07-2019 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:15 AM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Michigan, USA, 35yo

A friend of mine seen this in Dolby 3D last week. He said he liked it and the graphics were crazy. He's usually quite critical and hates everything, so I was surprised he liked it.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:21 AM   #45
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
A friend of mine saw this in Dolby 3D last week. He said he liked it and the graphics were crazy. He's usually quite critical and hates everything, so I was surprised he liked it.
He was probably distracted by the graphics. That seems to be the driver of most popcorn flicks these days. Who cares about the script or plot... or acting. As long as there is a bright, shiny object to admire.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:28 AM   #46
Power Member

Sep 2010
Los Angeles, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFreakosaurus View Post
He was probably distracted by the graphics. That seems to be the driver of most popcorn flicks these days. Who cares about the script or plot... or acting. As long as there is a bright, shiny object to admire.
Yes, Professor. DO teach us more about how to properly enjoy cinema...
Thanks given by:
eazye24 (02-08-2019), Resettito (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 02:58 AM   #47

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekM View Post
just got this nice email from ZAVVI

Alita: Battle Angel 4K Ultra HD Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Includes 3D and 2D Blu-ray)

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/alita-.../12039779.html

Marek
Got the same email for the US. Order placed.

https://us.zavvi.com/blu-ray/alita-b.../12039779.html
Thanks given by:
MarekM (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 04:45 AM   #48
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by notops View Post
Yes, Professor. DO teach us more about how to properly enjoy cinema...
Special effects that actually serve a good, intriguing story, not drawn out exposition dumps and techno babble that treat the audience as completely stupid??

How about THAT for a change?
Thanks given by:
goodstuff (02-08-2019), PrestonXI (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 04:46 AM   #49
Special Member

May 2017
Earth v1.1, awaiting v2.0
Thumbs up Just a few of the many positive comments

Quote:
pol4 hours ago: just watched it last night. It's very good. for me it's 10/10. Hoping it would be success despite of negative review. Hoping for a sequel.
Quote:
Penggegar Dunia2 hours ago (edited): I watched this movie which opened earlier in my country. Now I'm gonna watch it again in i max. Amazing movie and a must watch in imax
Quote:
TheDudeGuy2 hours ago: Just watched this two days ago, it keeps giving me goosebumps. I love it
Quote:
Marco Sical1 hour ago: This movie was amazing!!!! Had free screening passes but now I canít wait for this movie to come out , gonna watch it again !!!!
Quote:
IMANISSIMO PROGROCK14 minutes ago: what a great movie to start with in 2019. Just watched two days ago. Can't wait to watch again
Thanks given by:
Resettito (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 05:31 AM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2016
California

Thanks given by:
birdztudio (02-07-2019), chucktatum (02-07-2019), Resettito (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 11:20 AM   #51

Feb 2009

Quote:
I've read some of the dialog and plot excerpts and I have to wonder if Cameron and Rodriguez were drunk at the time they came up with this adaptation.

Those parts were nonsensical/illogical and/or cringe-worthy with the clunkiest of scripting. I have a hunch the critics are right to pan this one and a big reason Fox chose a February release. February is when questionable or outright lousy films are typically dumped.

Maybe worth a rental. We'll see.

This does not bode well for the numerous Avatar sequels and the upcoming T3 (yes, it's actually T3 as it's setup as a direct T2 sequel with a script supervised by Cameron). The Cameron of The Terminator and Aliens caliber is no longer around.
See the film, then talk all you want. Avatar is a masterpiece (feel free to disagree), Cameron has always been there, the Avatar sequels will be phenomenal, I have no doubt about that
Thanks given by:
Ben_C (02-08-2019), bytor (02-07-2019), jvonl (02-07-2019), levcore (02-07-2019), Professor Knowby (02-08-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 09:27 PM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resettito View Post
See the film, then talk all you want. Avatar is a masterpiece (feel free to disagree), Cameron has always been there, the Avatar sequels will be phenomenal, I have no doubt about that
Avatar... a masterpiece? I do not think you know what that word means. . Apocalypse Now or 2001 or Cinema Paradiso are masterpieces.

Hell, I love The Terminator, Aliens, T2, and to a lesser extent The Abyss and True Lies, but I cannot call them masterpieces. Solidly created summer entertainment? Absolutely! Titanic and Avatar, to me, had enough script and acting issues to set my teeth on edge and I cannot put them on the same pedestal as his other works. From what I've run across of Alita tells me that it's again Cameron and Co. at the lower end of their talents. Special effects/CGI orgies with little soul or creativity.

Last edited by FilmFreakosaurus; 02-07-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:48 PM   #53
Expert Member

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzPetrelli View Post
Zavvi will release 4K+3D+2D, pretty awesome! What are the chances that US release will also get the same treatment? Last time (4K+3D+2D) it was Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk IIRC
Actually the Best Buy Pacific Rim: Uprising was the last combo release here.

Still debating getting the Zavvi Steelbook because North American release will have all 3 disc too. I want my 3D but the 4K will be handy for friends that donít like 3D. Plus the exchange rate is a bit high for that overall, and I would assume a steelbook will be released over here too
Old 02-08-2019, 03:11 PM   #54

Feb 2009

Quote:
Avatar... a masterpiece? I do not think you know what that word means. . Apocalypse Now or 2001 or Cinema Paradiso are masterpieces.

Hell, I love The Terminator, Aliens, T2, and to a lesser extent The Abyss and True Lies, but I cannot call them masterpieces. Solidly created summer entertainment? Absolutely! Titanic and Avatar, to me, had enough script and acting issues to set my teeth on edge and I cannot put them on the same pedestal as his other works. From what I've run across of Alita tells me that it's again Cameron and Co. at the lower end of their talents. Special effects/CGI orgies with little soul or creativity.
I have no trouble calling T2 a flatout masterpiece, like Titanic.... And Avatar, yes, I know what the word means.
Thanks given by:
GC Riot (02-10-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 10:00 PM   #55
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Awesome movie and a must for fans of sci fi. Gorgeous visuals and impeccable CGI throughout with one hell of a leading performance.
Thanks given by:
Darth Praxis (03-13-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 10:27 PM   #56
Banned

May 2018

Good:
Alita, she always worked for me.
The direction
The 3D

The bad:
Script
Set design
Production design
Ending
Lack of threat

Also dear Hollywood

STOP GETTING CYBERPUNK WRONG
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 10:32 PM   #57
Power Member

Jul 2018
Seattle

Seeing this Monday night in Dolby 3D. Excited to see how this turns out!
Old 02-09-2019, 10:41 PM   #58
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Awesome movie and a must for fans of sci fi. Gorgeous visuals and impeccable CGI throughout with one hell of a leading performance.
Too bad Rosa Salazar was paired with such a weak love interest acting-wise. Seriously, he's like the new Hayden Christensen.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:28 AM   #59
Special Member

May 2017
Earth v1.1, awaiting v2.0
Question Help me out here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Kay View Post
Good:
Alita, she always worked for me.
The direction
The 3D

The bad:
Script
Set design
Production design
Ending
Lack of threat

Also dear Hollywood

STOP GETTING CYBERPUNK WRONG
Do you mean better manga adaptions? These are the first few movies that came up as Cyberpunk: The 2 Blade Runners, Ghost in the Shell and Alita: Battle Angel. I happen to enjoy them all. The first three were box office failures and Alita is TBD. Certainly the 2 Blade Runners were done right by Hollywood, correct? Now Ghost in the Shell and Alita: Battle Angel are based on two mangaís, with a very loyal fan base. That makes them much harder to bring to western audiences.

Have you read the Alita: Battle Angel mangaís? If yes, are you upset with the adaption? If No, then your problem seems to be with the manga itself.

What are your suggestions for Hollywood to get Cyberpunk right and still be profitable for the studio?
Old 02-10-2019, 05:43 AM   #60
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staying Salty View Post
Do you mean better manga adaptions? These are the first few movies that came up as Cyberpunk: The 2 Blade Runners, Ghost in the Shell and Alita: Battle Angel. I happen to enjoy them all. The first three were box office failures and Alita is TBD. Certainly the 2 Blade Runners were done right by Hollywood, correct? Now Ghost in the Shell and Alita: Battle Angel are based on two mangaís, with a very loyal fan base. That makes them much harder to bring to western audiences.

Have you read the Alita: Battle Angel mangaís? If yes, are you upset with the adaption? If No, then your problem seems to be with the manga itself.

What are your suggestions for Hollywood to get Cyberpunk right and still be profitable for the studio?
Not part of this discussion, but would you consider League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Wild, Wild West "steampunk"? Or 1954's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies