Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 1 4K (Blu-ray)
$101.63
 
Mad Max 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.49
 
Top Gun 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
1 hr ago
Total Recall 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Whiplash 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
The Alfred Hitchcock Classics Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Lucy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
American Psycho 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Lťon: The Professional 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
 
Daughters of Darkness 4K (Blu-ray)
$53.06
 
Full Metal Jacket 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-14-2019, 11:16 PM   #21
steelstring41 steelstring41 is offline
Junior Member
 
steelstring41's Avatar
 
Jun 2018
Dark City
82
258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Dolby Vision will hopefully mollify the worst of the compression just like it does on their editions of The Fog, EFNY...
I keep seeing these Carpenter films getting mentioned around here, but don't they have yet to be released (March 18th in the UK)?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:42 PM   #22
Fat Phil Fat Phil is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Fat Phil's Avatar
 
Dec 2014
310
310
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstring41 View Post
I keep seeing these Carpenter films getting mentioned around here, but don't they have yet to be released (March 18th in the UK)?
They were released last year as limited edition boxsets that have long since sold out. They're being re-released as standard editions on March 18th.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
steelstring41 (02-15-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 11:47 PM   #23
ROSS.T.G. ROSS.T.G. is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ROSS.T.G.'s Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Ontario, Canada
14
353
1497
16
Default

I really hope this is real. So many rumours for this year, itís hard to believe.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jamesdevil (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 12:06 AM   #24
Fat Phil Fat Phil is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Fat Phil's Avatar
 
Dec 2014
310
310
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS.T.G. View Post
I really hope this is real. So many rumours for this year, itís hard to believe.
This one's a dead cert for this year I reckon, what with the anniversary an' all. I look forward to watching it how I always do - wearing only underpants and drinking heavily whilst crying.

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (02-15-2019), Dailyan (02-15-2019), Darth Marcus (02-15-2019), DR Herbert West (02-15-2019), FilmFreakosaurus (02-15-2019), fuzzymctiger (02-15-2019), Geoff D (02-15-2019), OutOfBoose (02-15-2019), professorwho (02-15-2019), Retroj23 (02-15-2019), ROSS.T.G. (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 12:44 AM   #25
ROSS.T.G. ROSS.T.G. is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
ROSS.T.G.'s Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Ontario, Canada
14
353
1497
16
Default

It’ll be great if it’s true. I haven’t watched the BD since it was released. I overdosed on the movie on VHS and DVD and like so many classics on BD I’ve only watched once or twice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:06 AM   #26
ShellOilJunior ShellOilJunior is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ShellOilJunior's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
USA
3
7
Default

Terrific news. Day 1 purchase.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:07 AM   #27
DVD Josh DVD Josh is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
DVD Josh's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
222
933
229
16
373
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluProofie View Post
The source is The Digital Bits? Yeah, Iíll believe it when I see an additional source...
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Typical Bill bullsh!t. Oh way to go out on a limb for the 40th anniversary of an iconic film.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:09 AM   #28
Dailyan Dailyan is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Dailyan's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
Beyond the Blue Horizon
63
1214
143
46
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Phil View Post
I look forward to watching it how I always do - wearing only underpants and drinking heavily whilst crying.

Donít forget having The Doors blasting on repeat.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DR Herbert West (02-15-2019), FilmFreakosaurus (02-15-2019), fuzzymctiger (02-15-2019), JimDiGriz (02-15-2019), OutOfBoose (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 01:22 AM   #29
jarrod_inf jarrod_inf is offline
Special Member
 
jarrod_inf's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
188
1836
12
1
Default

Iíve been patiently waiting for this to happen. I donít currently own it and havenít seen it since the Redux version debut on DVD. Iíve almost pulled the trigger on the two different Blu collections for years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:24 AM   #30
DR Herbert West DR Herbert West is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
DR Herbert West's Avatar
 
May 2018
Arkham, MA
6
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:31 AM   #31
Geoff D Geoff D is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Geoff D's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland
581
1878
5
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailyan View Post
Donít forget having The Doors blasting on repeat.
and don't forget to punch a mirror and stare fascinatedly at your lacerated hand
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:33 AM   #32
Agent Kay Agent Kay is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Agent Kay's Avatar
 
May 2018
57
57
Default

Digital bits lol



I recently saw the DCP and it looked as bad as the BD did, so not much hope if it is real on my part
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:44 AM   #33
JimDiGriz JimDiGriz is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
JimDiGriz's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
UK
81
486
11
Default

Fantastic news! Another classic gets to 4K UHD. Obviously a Day 1 for most here including me of course.

Ill buy a proper tat set no problem - Ill give away the old one to my lucky brother. I just hope they don't mess up the transfer and give us Redux in 4K too (nice to have the option) along with Hearts of Darkness on a separate disc obviously.

If I remember correctly, the existing Blu-ray bit rate wasn't great at all - mid teens I think?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:32 PM   #34
cgpublic cgpublic is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
cgpublic's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Gotham
218
971
41
269
69
335
32
7
Default Purchase WIth Extreme Prejudice

An intriguing post by Mr. Hunt, just as long as everyone understands that this UHD does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #35
thethingwithnoname thethingwithnoname is online now
Active Member
 
thethingwithnoname's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Wales, UK
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpublic View Post
An intriguing post by Mr. Hunt, just as long as everyone understands that this UHD does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
go on then, I'll bite - why would this be then??
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:57 PM   #36
duggie walker duggie walker is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Feb 2011
London, UK
Default

There's a distasteful campaign of invective against Bill Hunt in this and a few other threads that I don't quite understand.

I'd be the first to admit that his website is pretty lame these days but that doesn't warrant the vicious tone applied to him. He clearly pissed people off by saying that the Indiana Jones Trilogy isn't being released in 4k this year and it may just be yet another example of the current trend to trash anyone who isn't saying what we want to hear; but I find his conclusions quite believable. With another IJ film due in a year or two, why would they not wait until then?

I don't think Hunt is a fantasist. I believe he does have industry contacts - he's been on enough panels with professionals - but the fact is there isn't much of a Home Video industry left compared to the heyday of the hobby.

Regardless, if Bill Hunt hasn't personally done anything to his detractors, I don't get why they're so triggered by him. Just don't visit his website if he offends you that much. There's every chance that his info on Apocalypse Now is correct, just as there's every chance that the plan to release it may change. To assume that he's flat-out lying just to get clicks seems both paranoid and illogical. There are much bigger and better lies he could tell if that was his aim.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
chuffster (02-18-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #37
Agent Kay Agent Kay is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Agent Kay's Avatar
 
May 2018
57
57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie walker View Post
There's a distasteful campaign of invective against Bill Hunt in this and a few other threads that I don't quite understand.

I'd be the first to admit that his website is pretty lame these days but that doesn't warrant the vicious tone applied to him. He clearly pissed people off by saying that the Indiana Jones Trilogy isn't being released in 4k this year and it may just be yet another example of the current trend to trash anyone who isn't saying what we want to hear; but I find his conclusions quite believable. With another IJ film due in a year or two, why would they not wait until then?

I don't think Hunt is a fantasist. I believe he does have industry contacts - he's been on enough panels with professionals - but the fact is there isn't much of a Home Video industry left compared to the heyday of the hobby.

Regardless, if Bill Hunt hasn't personally done anything to his detractors, I don't get why they're so triggered by him. Just don't visit his website if he offends you that much. There's every chance that his info on Apocalypse Now is correct, just as there's every chance that the plan to release it may change. To assume that he's flat-out lying just to get clicks seems both paranoid and illogical. There are much bigger and better lies he could tell if that was his aim.
It's not Indy that drove people against him, he has been like this for over 10 years
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:35 PM   #38
LexInHD LexInHD is offline
Power Member
 
Oct 2010
226
Default

I washed my hands of the bits when one of their reviewers refused to accept the fact that Deep Rising was not a 4K transfer like Kino had originally claimed (and then backtracked after it was proven to be a fraudulent statement) and the reviewer claimed everyone was lying and that Kino would never tell a lie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #39
bookcase bookcase is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
bookcase's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Boston, MA
174
549
534
2
Default

I don't know or care who Bill Hunt is, but I do hope Apocalypse Now hits UHD. The theatrical cut is all I need because my first exposure to this was Redux (back in the days of VHS rentals) and it almost put me off the film entirely. The theatrical cut completely changed my mind.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:01 PM   #40
SpaceMind SpaceMind is offline
Senior Member
 
SpaceMind's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Key Largo, FL
203
981
120
849
2
3
Default

If it includes Redux and Theatrical, everyone gets the version they want. I really wanted to like Redux better but, as some have mentioned, Kilgore's begging for his surfboard - while funny - takes that edge off of his character. The plantation scene is just too long. So, with that, I have reverted back to the theatrical.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:15 AM.