Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$69.99
1 hr ago
Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
5 hrs ago
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Freedom Fighters: The Ray (Blu-ray)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34

Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.99
21 hrs ago
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

A Star Is Born 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #61
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

WALL-E in both catagories. I just love this film and the Blu ray transfere is outstanding as is almost all of Pixars Blu ray movies. But WALL-E is my all time favorite.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #62
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Up & Up!

I watched it plenty of times and it never gets old.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #63
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
United Kingdom

My personal favourite has always been Monsters, Inc., because I love all the characters and the crazy world they live in. John Goodman and Billy Crystal are just superb as Sulley and Mike, and I've lost count of how many times I've watched it.
It seems to be a forgotten Pixar movie sometimes, because it was released between the might of Toy Story 2 and Finding Nemo, and this is a little sad because it is an amazing movie, and also argueably groundbreaking in terms of animation because it was here where they were able to fully realise hair/fur. I now can't wait for the sequel.

Of course by my small collection I can't give a full judgement on how good all the Pixar movies are on Blu-ray, but out of the three I do own I'll still pick Monsters, Inc. because it is so vibrant and colourful.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #64
Power Member

Nov 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone Trooper View Post
My personal favourite has always been Monsters, Inc., because I love all the characters and the crazy world they live in. John Goodman and Billy Crystal are just superb as Sulley and Mike, and I've lost count of how many times I've watched it.
It seems to be a forgotten Pixar movie sometimes, because it was released between the might of Toy Story 2 and Finding Nemo, and this is a little sad because it is an amazing movie, and also argueably groundbreaking in terms of animation because it was here where they were able to fully realise hair/fur. I now can't wait for the sequel.

Of course by my small collection I can't give a full judgement on how good all the Pixar movies are on Blu-ray, but out of the three I do own I'll still pick Monsters, Inc. because it is so vibrant and colourful.
It's not forgotten. Especially with a sequel coming in 2012. And don't forget about Roz. "Wazowski, did you fill out your paperwork?...Don't let it happen again.." LOL. I didn't know until a minute ago that Roz was voiced by a man.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #65
Power Member

Nov 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
...Pixar has created more masterpeices then any other studio in the history of cinema and even there worst movies are better then 90% of non-Pixar animated movies they compete against. Toy Story 3 ranks as my favorite animated movie of all time and remains the best movie of 2010 so far. Its like they can do wrong.
I agree. Pixar is the only studio out there that if a movie is handed to them I know without a doubt that it will be good. And as far as other animated movies go Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, and Bolt are the only ones out that are in the league of Pixar IMO.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #66
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy View Post
It's not forgotten. Especially with a sequel coming in 2012. And don't forget about Roz. "Wazowski, did you fill out your paperwork?...Don't let it happen again.." LOL. I didn't know until a minute ago that Roz was voiced by a man.
I didn't mean forgotten as in it's completely ignored, I meant it in as though it isn't as acknowledged as often as Toy Story 2 or Finding Nemo, and note I did say sometimes and not always. Perhaps I didn't phrased it very well, but that was the only way I could but it at the time.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #67
Special Member

Apr 2010
The State That Started A Nation

1. Finding Nemo

2. Wall-E

I haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet, so that may be my new #2, but I can't imagine it beating out Finding Nemo as my new #1.

But all the Pixars are #1 in my book. I can pull anyone of them off my shelf and know that I'll have a great viewing experience, from the story to the characterizations to the graphics. They're my favorite go-to movies
Old 08-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #68

Mar 2009

Quote:
I agree. Pixar is the only studio out there that if a movie is handed to them I know without a doubt that it will be good. And as far as other animated movies go Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, and Bolt are the only ones out that are in the league of Pixar IMO.
Well remember that Bolt had former Pixar's working on that movie..WD-Animation always brings in former Pixars(that no longer work for them) considering Pixar is their Brother in ways.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #69

Mar 2009

Well My Top 5 Pixar Flims:

1. Toy Story 3(now)(From feeling the 1st Story vibe to viewers crying/leaving in Happy Tears)

2.Up(This movie alone beats Dream-Works, and anyone else in the Animation Films for their Future Films by far...)

3.The Incredible's(Animation going Action Packed!!)

4.Wall-E(The Score is just Flat Out Amazing!)

5.Toy Story 1(Because that's where it ALL began)

Can't wait for the Future of Pixar.....
Old 08-06-2010, 09:39 PM   #70
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
Toronto, Canada

My Pixar top 11.

#1) Ratatouille (personal favortie)
#2) Wall-E
#3) Toy Story 3
#4) Monster Inc
#5) Cars
#6) Up
#7) Toy Story 2
#8) A Bugs Life
#9) Finding Nemo
#10) Toy Story 1
#11) The Incredibles (my least favorite Pixar movie)
Old 08-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #71
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

Quote:
Don't forget Coraline. A brilliant animated movie. Id rank How to Train Your Dragon and Coraline both better then Wall-e, A Bug's Life, and Cars. Kung Fu Panda Id say is better then Cars at least. However even Cars is better then the last two Shreks, the Madagascars, Sharktale, Open Season, all of Fox Blue Sky movies, Happy Feet, Monsters vs Aliens and the vast majority of mediocrities other studios continue to pump out.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #72
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
Don't forget Coraline. A brilliant animated movie. Id rank How to Train Your Dragon and Coraline both better then Wall-e, A Bug's Life, and Cars. Kung Fu Panda Id say is better then Cars at least. However even Cars is better then the last two Shreks, the Madagascars, Sharktale, Open Season, all of Fox Blue Sky movies, Happy Feet, Monsters vs Aliens and the vast majority of mediocrities other studios continue to pump out.
This was just your opinion.
I can agree with your rankings only with some very major reservations.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America