Best SteelBook Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Train to Busan (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Phantasm (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$41.65
18 hrs ago
Predator Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$14.96

A Christmas Story (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$30.96

Bride of Re-Animator (Blu-ray)
$22.97
5 hrs ago
The Dark Knight (Blu-ray)
$9.74

Green Lantern (Blu-ray)
$12.95

Snow White and the Huntsman (Blu-ray)
$12.46

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 02-08-2015, 12:55 AM   #41

Nov 2014
Jacksonville FL
Default Steelbooks made?

just wondering if anyone know the process of how steelbooks are made?
Old 02-10-2015, 03:37 PM   #42

Nov 2011
United Kingdom Orders from other country to the UK

I asked a member this question alas he didn't reply :/
Could someone here perhaps answer my question, Thanks

I noticed in the forum for The Master, steelbook from Plain Archive that you had purchased this disc , I have thought about doing the same but wanted to know if it is possible to get charged vat and postal cost, or does one get away with this sometimes?
Thank you.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:04 PM   #43
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by delped View Post

I noticed in the forum for The Master, steelbook from Plain Archive that you had purchased this disc , I have thought about doing the same but wanted to know if it is possible to get charged vat and postal cost, or does one get away with this sometimes?
Thank you.
I'm pretty sure they have an option where you can mark as gift/merchandise and claim a value. If not you could always send them an email afterwards. They have great Customer Service
Thanks given by:
delped (02-11-2015)
Old 02-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #44

Nov 2011

Thank you wjasoncul
Old 02-11-2015, 01:59 PM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Send a message via MSN to BHolst

Quote:
Originally Posted by delped View Post

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjasoncul View Post
I'm pretty sure they have an option where you can mark as gift/merchandise and claim a value. If not you could always send them an email afterwards. They have great Customer Service
I suspect you're thinking of KimchiDVD, wjasoncul...

From PLAIN's homepage:

Quote:
About Customs, Duties & Taxes
A big portion of our international customers are demanding undervalued invoice. We are fully aware of the harsh realities regard to import duties added by some European authorities. It’s uneasy for us to watch some of our customers paying extra on top of our products + shipping fees.

Unfortunately, an undervalued invoice is strictly forbidden and illegal in most countries. If caught on multiple occasions, Plain Archive could be listed on the authorities’ blacklist, banning us from shipping our products to destinations around the world. Therefore, Plain Archive OFFICIALLY does not provide an undervalued invoice to our international customers.

However, if you think your country’s authorities add a ridiculous sum of duties even when purchasing a single-disc, for example, we advise you to leave a message under the “note” section when purchasing through our online store. Please note that we cannot undervalue our products significantly, but we will do our best to fairly unload your burden. Again, this is not an official service, and we do not take responsibilities for any extra duties or taxes that may be added by the officials.

We greatly appreciate your interest in Plain Archive and our products. The Plain Archive team in Korea is encouraged by your positive, as well as your negative feedbacks. To meet your high expectations, we will never stop putting our best efforts.
EDIT: I realized that this really doesn't answer your question, delped... Yes, it is possible to get charged with vat and postal cost! However, my experience (in Sweden) is that most of the time you will get away with it.

Hope this helps

Last edited by BHolst; 02-11-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:06 PM   #46
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHolst View Post
I suspect you're thinking of KimchiDVD, wjasoncul...

From PLAIN's homepage:
I knew I read that before in the threads at the beginning of Plain's site but didn't know if it had been changed. I could've sworn someone emailed them after the order was created but I might be mistaken. Thanks for posting the info
Old 02-11-2015, 04:37 PM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Send a message via MSN to BHolst

Quote:
I knew I read that before in the threads at the beginning of Plain's site but didn't know if it had been changed. I could've sworn someone emailed them after the order was created but I might be mistaken. Thanks for posting the info
That part is actually correct (somebody mailing them after order creation and having them lower the price on the package) but I don't know if they'd be willing to do so now.

It's worth a shot, but personally I'd rather risk having to pay import duty for the full value (even if that is 25% here in Sweden + whatever jacked-up cost the postal service decide to slap on top of that) than PA risking to be caught doing this and thereby maybe lose the ability to ship internationally! I don't know if that could happen, but if they can risk losing international shipment because people complained to PayPal over delayed shipment anything can happen!
Old 02-21-2015, 08:52 AM   #48

Jul 2014
London, UK

Hi guys, I have only been collecting steelbooks for about a year or so and I love them!! What I don't love though is j-cards, u-cards whatever they are that covers the back of the steel. I used to trim these down to fit inside the steel but recently I have just been storing them in a box in case I sell off any steels with them.

My question is when opening a newly purchased steel removng the card can have varied experiences depending on the quality of the glue used to stick the card to the steel. An example with the recent TMNT steel the glue was ssssoooo sticky that it left a residue on the steel!! THE QUESTION: what is the best way of removing the glue from the steel without damaging or discolouring it? AND removing the glur from the card itself without damaging that also!??!?!

Any tips and tricks would be much appriciated!! Thanks!
Old 02-21-2015, 09:32 AM   #49
Expert Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus14 View Post
Hi guys, I have only been collecting steelbooks for about a year or so and I love them!! What I don't love though is j-cards, u-cards whatever they are that covers the back of the steel. I used to trim these down to fit inside the steel but recently I have just been storing them in a box in case I sell off any steels with them.

My question is when opening a newly purchased steel removng the card can have varied experiences depending on the quality of the glue used to stick the card to the steel. An example with the recent TMNT steel the glue was ssssoooo sticky that it left a residue on the steel!! THE QUESTION: what is the best way of removing the glue from the steel without damaging or discolouring it? AND removing the glur from the card itself without damaging that also!??!?!

I like to use a Mr. Clean "magic eraser." Get it so that it's just ever so slightly damp and a few swipes across the problem area, and it's gone. I've never had any problems with it damaging any type of blu ray packaging, not steelbooks, digipacks, slipcovers, amaray.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #50
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2013
Philly suburbs

Goo gone
Old 02-23-2015, 07:01 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

Never had an issue with glue on the Steel. Usually it just stains the J-card.

I keep the J-cards with the Steel and store them. They act as a good buffer between Steels so they don't rub together.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:28 PM   #52

Aug 2010

How does one participate in the Blufans steelbook group buys? I'm probably overlooking it, because I'm an idiot. If not, I'm probably still an idiot. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:41 PM   #53
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Torn View Post
How does one participate in the Blufans steelbook group buys? I'm probably overlooking it, because I'm an idiot. If not, I'm probably still an idiot. Thanks.
If there are any still open, they will be in the Group Buy forum. Search for thread titles with Blufans
Thanks given by:
Outlaw Torn (02-25-2015)
Old 02-24-2015, 10:49 PM   #54

Aug 2010

Quote:
If there are any still open, they will be in the Group Buy forum. Search for thread titles with Blufans
10-4, thanks bud!
Old 02-24-2015, 11:03 PM   #55
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Torn View Post
10-4, thanks bud!
Check this thread out
Thanks given by:
Outlaw Torn (02-25-2015)
Old 02-25-2015, 12:03 AM   #56

Aug 2010

Quote:
Check this thread out
Good stuff man, thanks again!
Old 03-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #57
Power Member

Feb 2015
Handcuffed to Chris Evans

Hi everyone, I was wondering if people could share their experiences with FilmArena? I've done a search but I got a lot of irrelevant threads

I'm wondering because I just now got a (somewhat aggressive) email offer from them to already place an order for a lim. ed. steelbook that isn't yet available for pre-order.
I did add it to my wishlist a while ago and signed up for email notification though.

I have never bought from them before so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is normal for them? Is this simply the way they work?
Old 03-07-2015, 09:01 PM   #58
Power Member

Feb 2015
Handcuffed to Chris Evans

Guess not
I'll just have to take the plunge then...

Last edited by RoyalCrimson; 03-07-2015 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:39 AM   #59
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus14 View Post

Simple and you dont need to spend any money. Use the glue from the j-card to "tack off" the glue from the steel. Its the safest way and it always works for me.

I did have one steel where the glue had kind of set and that took some effort to remove - just do it carefully - took me about 30 minutes! No Country for Old Men Canadian steelbook I think.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #60

Nov 2014
London

On the same subject of J-cards what is the best way of keeping these? I don't really want to throw them away as they have some good info and I'd like to keep them with the steelbook. I'm tempted to fold them but it's not ideal.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Tags
collectors pin, halloween, rob zombie, star trek, steelbook