Best DVD Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dr. Seuss' The Grinch (DVD)
$19.99

Solo: A Star Wars Story (DVD)
$14.97

Wreck-It Ralph (DVD)
$11.96
1 hr ago
Brave (DVD)
$11.96
2 hrs ago
Incredibles 2 (DVD)
$19.96

Avengers: Infinity War (DVD)
$14.39

Once Upon a Holiday (DVD)
$8.96

Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (DVD)
$7.99

Dog Days (DVD)
$14.99

Definitely, Maybe (DVD)
$3.99
8 hrs ago
Elementary: The Sixth Season (DVD)
$29.99

Family Guy: Season Sixteen (DVD)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 03-08-2017, 06:52 AM   #1
Special Member

Dec 2015
Canada
USA Star Trek: Voyager - The Complete Series (Mar 7, 2017)

BEWARE VERY GOOD FAKES: http://trekcore.com/blog/2017/04/buy...sets-hit-ebay/

Blu-ray.com product page: https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Star-Tre...es-DVD/131315/

TrekNews.net article: http://www.treknews.net/2016/12/12/c...dvd-set-march/

I didn't see a thread for this, and the product page points to the DS9 thread instead, so...

The new, long overdue North American "complete series" re-issue in the style of last month's DS9 and Enterprise releases (which followed last summer's similar TNG release).

The art of the three trapsheets is not nearly as pretty as the DS9 ones. Even worse than DS9 including everyone except Bashir (and snubbing him by having Sisko twice), Voyager doesn't even attempt to include all of the show's major characters on the artwork.

Case 1: Janeway (big closeup) and Tuvok (small)
Case 2: Janeway (big closeup) and Seven (small)
Case 3: Janeway (big closeup) and Torres (small)

Front of slipcase: I'll give you three guesses... it's Janeway

They went all out on the slipcase for this one though. Not only embossed like the DS9 one, this one also has a silky-feeling matte laminate with a selective spot varnish (glossy) for design emphasis. It looks great on the shelf.

My assessment is basically the same as the DS9 set. I hate Paramount/CBS using these jumbo Epik Pak cases as always (1 for seasons 1-3, 1 for seasons 4-6 and a smaller third one for season 7), and really would have liked to pay a bit more for nicer cases, but packaging quibbles aside, it's really a great economy way to pickup the entire series for those who haven't purchased it before.

As with DS9, the discs read copyright 2017 on the label but the discs are made from the original masters (starting with season 1, being authored in 2003 and released in 2004).

I'll try to keep a watch on this thread and edit this first post if any important details are mentioned.

Last edited by Brandon K; 04-26-2017 at 04:14 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:04 AM   #2
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Oswego, IL.

I hope Meijer stores will have this.

They had DS9 and Enterprise, so crossing my fingers.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:46 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
USA

Got mine in. 13 disks scratched beyond the point of play. My DS9 set had 17. Sigh. Another send back.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:58 AM   #4
Special Member

Dec 2015
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbymonkeys View Post
Got mine in. 13 disks scratched beyond the point of play. My DS9 set had 17. Sigh. Another send back.
I've seen a ton of scratched and scuffed discs with both this one and DS9 as well - usually this concerns me, but with these sets I was able to back up all the DS9 discs without any warnings or errors, and I'm halfway through the Voyager set now also without any problems. Unless I run into a disc that gives read errors, I won't bother exchanging the set with Amazon in order to go through the hassle of examining all the discs in greater detail and trying to make a non-scratched set.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:35 PM   #5
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Oswego, IL.

The only set I had problems with was the Enterprise blu-ray set.

They were too snug. The tabs on the hubs were too big, I had to file them down a bit to get the discs out. When I first tried to get a disc out the disc bent, so I stopped and used my fingernails to file the tabs down. I had to do that on the majority of the hubs.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:37 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

Got mine in today. One loose disc was scuffed I'll have to check, the rest seemed secure and okay. But wow, that is a lot of Janeway. I would have preferred it to be how they did the DS9 packaging (ie, Ship on the front, 3 people on each case). It just looks a little odd. Other then that, glad to have it at a good price since we're never getting the blus...

Edit: Just watched some of the Special features and wow, am I glad they didn't keep that other woman as Janeway. She was terrible.

Last edited by mysticwaterfall; 03-11-2017 at 03:30 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:53 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

87$ with shipping on Deep Discount right now for those interested:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/star-tre...s/032429268266
Old 03-28-2017, 12:52 PM   #8
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

ugggg, I got the series as a B-day gift on release date. I have three discs that came off the spindles in transit and scratched the discs enough to cause skipping. does anyone know the paramount home video contact information so I can see if they can help out with replacements? Best Buy won't do a return at this point
Old 03-28-2017, 01:20 PM   #9
Special Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
ugggg, I got the series as a B-day gift on release date. I have three discs that came off the spindles in transit and scratched the discs enough to cause skipping. does anyone know the paramount home video contact information so I can see if they can help out with replacements? Best Buy won't do a return at this point
there are ebay sellers that will fix them using a pro disc repair machine it even polishes them so you cant tell its been done, It's very cheap and fast turn around
Old 03-28-2017, 01:36 PM   #10
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by halloween5309 View Post
there are ebay sellers that will fix them using a pro disc repair machine it even polishes them so you cant tell its been done, It's very cheap and fast turn around
lol, ironically I worked for a place here in town that used to do that. Ran the machine actually, I know how they work and it should be an easy fix. I can probably ask my old co-workers to buff the discs for me on the machine, but I was hoping that Paramount would fix the issue as they did for my Blu-ray copy of TOS Season 2 that had a boned up disc. See if they can help first before getting the disc polished if I can.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:22 PM   #11
Special Member

Dec 2015
Canada

Quote:
phe_customerservice@paramount.com

They did once replace a STTNG disc for me, but they never even replied when I emailed for scratched DS9 discs, so I ended up returning to Amazon and then mix/matching the sets to get the least scratched discs and replace the worst ones - while some still had minor scratching and scuffing, I had zero playback issues. Which is why I just always buy Amazon for their easiest, fastest return policy. They once even accepted a return WAY after the return period because it was a set with a lot of discs and one of the discs was actually defective as a pressing defect, and I hadn't had the time to watch the entire set to realize it. If you make your case with Best Buy, they might be understanding. Or just buy a second set from Best Buy (or Amazon even), replace the scratched discs, and then return the second set with the swapped discs for a refund due to being damaged/defective. Yeah, those cases are the worst, especially the hub that's just attached to the back of one of the cases with glue. I took out the back of case discs and put them into another case so they wouldn't be prone to falling out again.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:25 PM   #12
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

wow, I sent in an email to Paramount thanks to you Brandon, and I just got all three replacement discs in the mail just this moment. no more unplayable discs.
Thanks given by:
Brandon K (03-31-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #13
Special Member

Dec 2015
Canada

Quote:
wow, I sent in an email to Paramount thanks to you Brandon, and I just got all three replacement discs in the mail just this moment. no more unplayable discs.
I'm glad to hear you were able to get replacement discs!
Old 03-31-2017, 08:37 PM   #14
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon K View Post
I'm glad to hear you were able to get replacement discs!
Me too. Especially since I emailed them on the 29th and have them in hand on the 31st.

I'm starting to loathe these giant sets of Paramount. They always seem to have discs jump the hubs and end up scratched. This was my first one that was this badly scratched though. The others were light surface scratches and never cause playback issues

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Tags
janeway, star trek, star trek voyager, voyager