Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$41.24
6 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
9 hrs ago
Smile (Blu-ray)
$23.49
10 hrs ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
10 hrs ago
Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99
11 hrs ago
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99
5 hrs ago
Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29
7 hrs ago
Godzilla vs. Kong / Godzilla: King of the Monsters / Kong: Skull Island (Blu-ray)
$39.99
23 hrs ago
Eyes of a Stranger (Blu-ray)
$24.99
5 hrs ago
Baise-moi (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 11-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #1

Sep 2012
Clacton , Essex
Thumbs up How do you play your Blu-rays and on what?

I have this laptop now

MEDION AKOYA P7815
Its not a bad laptop the screen is really good viewing angel is fine.
And even the speakers are OK it will be good for watching Blu Rays when out and if not home.
And just plugged in the HDMI cable and it plays on the big screen TV.
Just that Windows 8 is a bit crap.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009
Minnesota

I normally use one of the 4 Blu-ray players hooked up to the HD TVs we have and only once used the PS3 to watch a movie (to make sure it worked). I have a Toshiba Satellite that has a Blu-ray player that only sees use when travelling. I carry an HDMI cable so I can watch it on TV wherever we end up, but the laptop has a 17' screen, so it is watchable without hooking it up.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #3

Jan 2012

At the moment as my main player i have the sony ux80 a usa import and also a region B x800 and an older standard blu ray player all connected to a panasonic plasma and also a desktop computer (Intel i3) hdmi connected to the same

For those blu ray titles in my collection that i have seen many times (your epics , SF movies, westerns etc) i sometimes like to play them in "FLIPPORAMA" (the mirror or horizontal flip mode).So every movement from left to right gets reversed. And because the way your eyes scans an image you also will pick up new details in the frame this way.
Just go to the m2ts (after starting anydvd hd or paskeylite) (or always with the standard video files on your pc ) and play it with the mediaplayer of choice that also have that mirror playback option.Not to be confused with the standard rotation mode it must say mirror or horizontal flip
Just think of the star wars opening chase going from left to right ,Ben Hur in the circus going around clockwise or the obelisk in the ten commandments going up in the opposite direction etc , anyway you get the idea).

Some free medialayers that you can use :

smplayer [video-mirror]

daum potplayer (video-videoeffects-horizontal] smplayer en potplayer i use the most lately for mirror mode

Bonus free mediaplayers:

5k player (video-transform-mirror)

VLC player (top,tools,effects and filters,videoeffects,geometrie,tik transform and in the dropdown menu choose flip horizontal)

gomplayer (windows) [video-flip output] its a bit adds heavy but i stil use it but if i remember, watch out for three piggy back programs during its windows installer menu and click on decline for those before going next in menu
( theres also a gom player android app for files on the phone)

[i also use zoomplayer free a lot but mostly not for the mirror play (has easy zoom in and out with mousewheel)

(When connecting a pc to a living room tv, first set the screen resolution in Windows settings to the resolution that your standard living room tv can handle (1280x720,.1920x1080) before you disconnect from your pc monitor. When using the hdmi output from the pc main motherbord and you have no sound coming from that hdmi to the tv its often the Intel VGA driver that needs updating that solves that)

After you have the pc connected to your livingroom pc then check in the windows system setting -advanced display-properties- display heading if the framerate is set to the rate of your tv in my case for panasonic plasmas 59 or 60hz it could also be that its auto set this already but sometimes its stil on the 50hz rate in that case change that to 59 or 60.

And then you also have that windows ClearType menu that you can adjust: goto Settings- type clear in the bar so that the cleartype option shows and set the 5 step menu (or not) the way it looks best to your eyes.

I also use(d) videocards like rx460/560 but because i have the living room pc running 24/7 my old intel i3-4160 (IntelGraphics 4400) output seems to handle HD just fine on its own.

Last edited by vista-vision; 04-27-2021 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:14 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

I have a massive pile of Blu-Ray players that I picked up at local thrift stores and some BD-ROM drives for computer use.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (04-27-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 08:41 PM   #5

Feb 2021

I use my Blu-ray player and watch them on my TV, would love to be able to play them on my laptop soon.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:10 PM   #6

Dec 2020

I generally use a PS3 or PS4 for Blu-rays. But I also back up my personally owned DVD/BD media onto my PC using my BD-ROM. I have a fairly large disc collection that I keep gradually expanding so I am not tempted to download movies as many of us have in our youths.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:15 PM   #7

Apr 2021
Beauharnois, Qc, Canada

I use my UHD player listed in my signature since I've quite a few region B blurays. I also have many ripped to my Plex server for convenience, especially for TV series and anime.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:48 PM   #8
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013
In the Village.

When in my Family Room I use my Sony UBP-X800M2. When in my Home Theater Room I use my Sony ES UBP-X1100ES.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software