Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$41.24
4 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
7 hrs ago
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99
2 hrs ago
Smile (Blu-ray)
$23.49
8 hrs ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
8 hrs ago
Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99
8 hrs ago
Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29
5 hrs ago
Godzilla vs. Kong / Godzilla: King of the Monsters / Kong: Skull Island (Blu-ray)
$39.99
20 hrs ago
Baise-moi (Blu-ray)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
Eyes of a Stranger (Blu-ray)
$24.99
2 hrs ago
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 08-03-2020, 08:58 PM   #1

May 2017
Durham, NC
Default Mounting Vizio SB362AN-F6 soundbar

Iíve been using the SB362AN-F6 soundbar for a couple years now and it's worked great for me sitting in front of my TV, but Iím moving soon and with my new setup, I may have to mount it. The problem is, I noticed that the soundbar is designed to be mounted with the front facing up. The slots for mounting are designed this way and the instructions show it that way. I would imagine with the soundbar oriented this way, the audio would be flipped, with right audio coming out of what is now the left side and vice-versa.

Does the soundbar have any provision/feature that counteracts this? The quick-start guide says nothing to address it and the only thing I can think of would be to swap the analog cables to ďtrickĒ the inputs, but I prefer using the optical digital connection.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:24 PM   #2
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Are you sure, the orientation looks the same? If you mark with a pencil the back L and R and hold it up in its mounted position, is it flipped?
Old 08-04-2020, 05:05 PM   #3

May 2017
Durham, NC

Yes, it has to be flipped to be mounted, unfortunately. The soundbar is designed to project audio forward and up, but it is also angled, so the mounts are on the bottom. Since the mounts are on the bottom, the only way to mount it and still have it project forward and up would be to have the front side face up, which means the left and right side get flipped (You can see in the start-up guide that what is labelled as "Front of Sound Bar" on other pages is on top when mounted, you can tell because the Vizio logo is only on one side of the soundbar).

Even if I were to ignore that and try to mount it with the front facing down, the mounting slots don't allow for it. They're designed so that the disc-shaped piece the screws go into slide up and lock towards the front.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:55 AM   #4
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Thanks. I had a look at the guide earlier, it Page 7 says "Left Side of Sound Bar" and it points to the buttons on the right side! It weird, it looks like the notch on the bottom is for the leads to go at when it lays flat, you'd think they'd point that notch towards the TV so the leads don't have to go down and around.

If there's a decent separation between left and right, then you may have to mount it on brackets (or flip the phono leads). I'm not sure if Vizio know what left, right or up and down are!
Thanks given by:
Footlong Shoe (08-05-2020)
Old 08-05-2020, 03:49 AM   #5

May 2017
Durham, NC

I'm already planning on mounting it to the TV, but the shape of the mounting holes on the soundbar would still keep me from mounting it with the front down, and I'd prefer not to have sound pointing down anyway. I'd prefer to keep using optical so what I may do is try to keep it in its flat orientation by using a mount like this one, though I'm worried that the bottom brackets may not stick out enough to hold it, and that it may not be secure enough screwed in.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:47 AM   #6
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footlong Shoe View Post
I'm already planning on mounting it to the TV, but the shape of the mounting holes on the soundbar would still keep me from mounting it with the front down, and I'd prefer not to have sound pointing down anyway. I'd prefer to keep using optical so what I may do is try to keep it in its flat orientation by using a mount like this one, though I'm worried that the bottom brackets may not stick out enough to hold it, and that it may not be secure enough screwed in.
I think that should work okay (it has plenty of options), it doesn't mention bottom mounted key-slot holes, but the key-hole screw and knob should suffice.

https://files.bbystatic.com/ezF2GPq8...N_Final_lr.pdf
Thanks given by:
Footlong Shoe (08-05-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 03:34 PM   #7

May 2017
Durham, NC

I've moved into the new place and thought I'd leave an update. I mounted the soundbar in its intended mount position, the one I was worried would mess up the L and R orientation, and it actually sounds correct! I guess there's something in the design to ensure it sounds proper in both placements.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers