Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Space Jam 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
11 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Center Stage (Blu-ray)
$29.99
11 hrs ago
Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49

The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$73.43
1 day ago
Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 10-10-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default What's this chirping noise?

Wasn't really sure where to post this as I don't really frequent these parts of the forum.

I have a Monitor Audio Bronze centre, bought it brand new about 6 months ago. 3 months after having it set up I started hearing these noises coming from it that I can best describe as a chirping sound.

It's only audible when there's low frequencies as far as I can tell and it will happen regardless of what volume I have it set at. Best I can tell it is only coming from the left driver.

Any ideas?

https://imgur.com/V0SjP51
Old 10-27-2020, 04:01 PM   #2
Power Member

Oct 2008

Really late to the thread - Were you ever able to figure out what the issue was?
Old 10-27-2020, 04:28 PM   #3
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytwinkie View Post
Really late to the thread - Were you ever able to figure out what the issue was?
Nope, not a clue why it does it. I'm guessing something's come loose and is hitting the diaphragm at certain low frequencies.

It doesn't need to be turned up loud for it to be noticeable, just at low volume night time listening to TV programs causes the same chirping, it seems to be limited to the left hand side though

I've given up trying to get a replacement because they want me to pay for collection and I'll be without a centre channel for however many months it takes to get back. They will only replace or refund if they can identify the same issue when they test it and knowing my luck they wont replicate it and say there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm assuming it's not a blown speaker, I've never blown a speaker before but I'd imagine there'd be a more noticeable distortion at all times than this chirping.

I've checked everything connected to it and I used an old centre channel I had from years ago with the same connections and there was no issues with that so I'm guessing I got a lemon.

It's no big deal really since it was end of line stock and cost less than 100. I'll just live with it for now and get a new one in the new year unless there's any good deals for black friday.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:53 PM   #4
Power Member

Oct 2008

Thanks for getting back, man. That is a very level-headed and civilized response to your issue.

If it was me, I think I would feel the same way. That thing looks like it weighs maybe 15 or 20 pounds (about 9 kg?) and then you have to pack it all up nice and cozy for shipping. If you only paid less than 100 for it, it will probably cost too much to justify shipping it out. Your time and effort is probably worth more than that.

I agree it's probably better and less stressful to just pick up a sweet new speaker.
Thanks given by:
Mavrick (10-27-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers