Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
14 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 day ago
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99
1 day ago
Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29
1 day ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
1 day ago
Baise-moi (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Million Dollar Mystery (Blu-ray)
$17.99
3 hrs ago
Wildcats (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

Smile (Blu-ray)
$23.49
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 09-28-2019, 05:33 PM   #1
Expert Member

Feb 2012
New Hampshire
Default Looking to upgrade - need help deciding

've had the Infinity Primus line for years now. The P363 floorstanding speakers are my front two and the PC351 is my center. They've been great, but I'm feeling like it's time for an upgrade. As of right now I'm only looking to upgrade the front 3 and I will upgrade my rears in a few months.

So far the ones that have jumped out to me the most are the SVS Prime towers - https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-tower. Wanted to know what anyone thought of these or if you have a better recommendation. This is about the max I'd be willing to spend for the left and right, though I was thinking of springing for the SVS Ultra Center channel.

Someone recommended to me that I go with Klipsch over SVS. What would be a good Klipsch model in the same price range?

Also I was planning on sticking with floorstanding speakers for the front two like I have now but I've read some people say that bookshelfs all around is better. I run a 5.2.2 setup and use it primarily for movies.

Thanks for any help and recommendations.

Posted this on another site as well, wanted to ask here to get opinions from members here as well. I've been advised to go with Ascend Acoustics or Chane, and to go with bookshelf speakers all around instead of towers in the front.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:43 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Earth

Budget for all upgrades?
Old 10-08-2019, 09:25 PM   #3
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

In most cases floor standing speakers will outperform similar class bookshelf speakers.

I love the SVS Prime Towers, but also agree that Klipsch RP-8000F floor standing speakers are my first choice for the price and the Klipsch RP404C is a beautiful match for the center channel.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:42 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrox View Post
've had the Infinity Primus line for years now. The P363 floorstanding speakers are my front two and the PC351 is my center. They've been great, but I'm feeling like it's time for an upgrade. As of right now I'm only looking to upgrade the front 3 and I will upgrade my rears in a few months.

So far the ones that have jumped out to me the most are the SVS Prime towers - https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-tower. Wanted to know what anyone thought of these or if you have a better recommendation. This is about the max I'd be willing to spend for the left and right, though I was thinking of springing for the SVS Ultra Center channel.

Someone recommended to me that I go with Klipsch over SVS. What would be a good Klipsch model in the same price range?

Also I was planning on sticking with floorstanding speakers for the front two like I have now but I've read some people say that bookshelfs all around is better. I run a 5.2.2 setup and use it primarily for movies.

Thanks for any help and recommendations.

Posted this on another site as well, wanted to ask here to get opinions from members here as well. I've been advised to go with Ascend Acoustics or Chane, and to go with bookshelf speakers all around instead of towers in the front.
I suggest that you go out and listen to as many speakers as you can. Take something with you to listen to. Something you're very familiar with. Audition as many as you can and let your ears decide what's best for you. Make sure the store has a good return policy so that you can return them if they don't sound as good once you get them home. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:34 PM   #5
Expert Member

Feb 2012
New Hampshire

I've been starting to really lean towards going with Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE's for the front 3. Everyone seems to rave about them. The mains are like mini towers.

I have considered stretching my budget for the Sierra 1's but ultimately I think I'd be better off saving to upgrade my sub to a better one.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:42 AM   #6
Special Member

Jul 2015
Flat earth, upper Left hand Corner:)

Alright, I know absolutely nothing about sound systems. What should I Get for a Samsung 4K MU and a Sony Oled A8G ... I'm a fan of Sci-fi, period films, war films, and fantasy. I own some films that say 7.1 but I really don't know what any of that means... Nothing massive with a dozen pieces, more like 2 or 3 pieces mid range selections. Anything higher would likely be a waste for me.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:16 PM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North America™

I suggest a Sony sound bar.
A 2.1 one would be better than your tv's speakers.
But if you can swing it, get a soundbar that is 5.1 which includes the two rear speakers.
Keep in mind that you get what you pay for.
Happy hunting!
Old 02-21-2020, 01:51 AM   #8
Special Member

Jul 2015
Flat earth, upper Left hand Corner:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
I suggest a Sony sound bar.
A 2.1 one would be better than your tv's speakers.
But if you can swing it, get a soundbar that is 5.1 which includes the two rear speakers.
Keep in mind that you get what you pay for.
Happy hunting!
Thanks! I shall research it and Google the 5.1
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers