Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Tax Collector 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.96
10 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

Justice Society: World War II (Blu-ray)
$19.96
4 hrs ago
Do the Right Thing 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
1 day ago
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Blade 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Ultraman Zero Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Spider-Man Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray)
$21.15
8 hrs ago
Tenet 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Ip Man: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Mauritanian (Blu-ray)
$22.96
4 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 05-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #21
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

i love jbl's, i had a sweet set of bookshelves when i lived @ home and they may be my speaker of choice when i get my HT setup.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #22
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagami View Post
My 4 L830's & 1 LC1 set me back $1600. Thank gog my old PSW-1200 still works.

Love them by the way.
who's "Gog" ?! (sorry---it was 2 easy!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
my neighbors are cool. when i got my new sub and was trying it out with some friends over he cruised over, had a beer, hung out for a while then said "man, that new sub sounds awesome." - "thanks man i like too" - "ya, i feel bad saying this now. but could you turn it down. its shaking my bedroom window."
Doh!! Lured you right in huh?! - at least he was cool about it by coming over & not going off on you. I told my neighbor (I live in a small split duplex) that i've been upgrading my HT, and bought a Lined curtain for the open doorway, and my Foam (www.foamfactory.com) is due in later this week or next) should help contain things better. The "Subdude" is coming in tomorrow so my Main Sub should benefit there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcusarilius View Post
JBLs anyone?

What is that? The new acronym for Jubblies?
Jubblies?! Classic! - I had a 12" JBL Sub that I sold a year or so ago before I had any idea about Risers/decouplers/SubDudes, and before I had a better grasp of Audio useage (mainly from this site!), and that thing Kicked Major Butt! It was too much for the room, so I had to part with it. As they say, If I knew then what I Know NOW...
Old 05-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #23

Nov 2008
Philly

My speakers are all JBL Northridge with the exception of my subwoofer. I can't say that I have any complaints. Realistically it's more sound than I can use. I never turn them up cause I know the cops will come knocking. The quality is more that what I would have expected based on what I paid for them.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #24

Nov 2008
Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
The JBLs in a theater are a far cry from the inexpensive ones sold at BB.
agree 1000000% unless you get the JBL synthesis ,,,,,
Old 05-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #25

Nov 2008
Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdyne View Post
JBL products were the basis for the development of the THX loudspeaker standard.
THX = George Lucas way to try to rip people in believing that THX is actually good and charging Manufactures money to be THX certified ....
Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #26

Feb 2009
Nashville, TN
Send a message via ICQ to dg5150

I have all JBL's, check out my gallery. They sound awesome, my wife is always complaining about the volume. My left and rights I got about 14 years ago, the center and surrounds I got from crutchfield on clearance when they stopped selling JBLs a few years back. I hope to upgrade my receiver by Christmas - they should sound even better. If you check out my gallery note that 2 weeks ago I upgraded my sub to the JBL ES250PBK 400 Watt - I haven't posted a new pic yet. I got it from amazon for $300 shipped. For that price, I couldn't pass it up.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #27

Feb 2009
Canada

I just picked up a 2nd JBL L8400 SUB, and man i think i will start charging friends and family 2.25$ to watch a flick here. (just kidding,...i think!)
Old 05-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008
suburban fly-over USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
i have the jbl balboa series front and center channels. i love 'em. they're the ones that frys puts on sale every now and then. never had any complaints, except from the neighbors.
I use four JBL Stadium towers in my setup, (3-way, dual 8" woofers, huge power handling)... they have made me very unpopular with the neighbors. I practically stole them from Amazon for $125 apiece. Checked again a few months later, and they had gone back up to $375 apiece.

The price-to-performance ratio on JBL's cannot be beat.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #29
Power Member

Jan 2009
Right next to Wineville, CA

The JBL's in my sig used to be for both the front and rear in my just retired 5.1 system. Now they serve quite well for the side surrounds and back surrounds in my new 7.1 system. The Polks in the front (and sub) sound much better with more range than the JBL's. That said, the JBL's work well in the back and they mount on the wall with the included mounting kit. One set was already mounted in the rear and I mounted the other set on the side with the mounting kits that I kept for five or so years "just in case" I needed them. Previously they were in the front on a table on each side of the HDTV and sounded pretty good.

Last edited by Sammy; 05-06-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:58 PM   #30

Jun 2008
se , TN

i gots a whole bunch of them JBL Studio L Series and i believe they have very accurate sound all the way to 40,000HZ though only my dog can tell you what that frquency sounds like i have 5-L890 towers ,2-L830 bookshelfs, 2-L820s an LC2 center and an L8400P .highly recommended series.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

I have the HT series. Not easy to find, it took me a year to get the five speakers & two subs together. Audio is more important to me than the video and I like concert BDs loud. The HT series is perfect for this.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:16 AM   #32

Sep 2007
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-R View Post
I have a klipsch setup minus the sub, and saw that the jbl venue series 12 was a good price anyone here have one or heard one? want some input before i buy. probably go tomorrow to listen one in person at bestbuy.
I have 2 JBL SUB12 venue series subs and they sound amazing with music and movies. I got them on sale at BB and I am not disappointed.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:47 AM   #33

Feb 2009
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDef-Crazy View Post
I have 2 JBL SUB12 venue series subs and they sound amazing with music and movies. I got them on sale at BB and I am not disappointed.
My brother has the same sub, it sounds great!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #34
Special Member

Nov 2006

i got my 10'' JBL ES150P 300 watt,500 watt max sub...its really good for music,but theres days i wish i had went with 12'' inch sub.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #35

May 2008

I've always loved JBL, had some L80t towers several years ago that were stolen from me that I really miss. Lately I've been eyeing the L890 towers but I'm really on the fence about the matching center channels. The LC2 is too tall for my cabinet and the LC1 just doesn't seem like it's enough to go with those towers(anyone have it?). I would prefer to keep fronts and center in the same brand but the center I'm really interested in is the Klipsch RC-64. Has anyone heard these together or at least know enough about both to give me an idea how it would sound? I have to hunt brands down and plan road-trips to demo anything so info up front is crucial.. Also if anyone in Alabama, Georgia or North Florida knows of a dealer who has the JBL studio L series or the Klipsch Reference series on display please let me know. The JBL website dealer info is not very accurate and I would rather rely on the good people here so as not to waste my time.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:58 PM   #36

Aug 2008
Carson City, Nevada, USA

Being that I use JBL E90's as my front L&R speakers (see my gallery), I'll ask this general question here. If I use two amps; one an Onkyo 606 (7.1) and the other a good old Optonica (2.0) and wire them both to the JBL's (remember the E90's have two terminal sets), keeping the "bridges" in place. Could I use the one for stereo only (Optonica) and the other amp for my HT system without having to disconnect one or the other at the speakers? I wouldn't be running them at the same time, of course. Would it mess up things to have the two amps connected to the L&R speakers at the same time even though only one amp would be sending a signal? Hope I explained things right!

Buy the way, my entire 7.1 system is JBL and I think it sounds great! I wouldn't say that the sonic image (whatever that might be?) is as tight as higher end speakers I've heard or as "alive". I read in one old review that they have "an all American quality" their robust, though for some, they may not "dynamic" enough. I find their very well balanced, that's just me!

Last edited by vickie; 05-11-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #37
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickie View Post
Being that I use JBL E90's as my front L&R speakers (see my gallery), I'll ask this general question here. If I use two amps; one an Onkyo 606 (7.1) and the other a good old Optonica (2.0) and wire them both to the JBL's (remember the E90's have two terminal sets), keeping the "bridges" in place. Could I use the one for stereo only (Optonica) and the other amp for my HT system without having to disconnect one or the other at the speakers? I wouldn't be running them at the same time, of course. Would it mess up things to have the two amps connected to the L&R speakers at the same time even though only one amp would be sending a signal? Hope I explained things right!

Buy the way, my entire 7.1 system is JBL and I think it sounds great! I wouldn't say that the sonic image (whatever that might be?) is as tight as higher end speakers I've heard or as "alive". I read in one old review that they have "an all American quality" their robust, though for some, they may not "dynamic" enough. I find their very well balanced, that's just me!
You can do that. Make sure both amplifiers are not on at the same time. A better option is to buy an amplifier selector. They don't cost that much. If I were in your position, I would use the extra amplifier to bi-amp my speakers. If your speakers have two speaker inputs, you can use your receiver to drive the tweeters and the amp to drive the woofers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Way-Stereo-Spe...3A1%7C294%3A50

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkw..._mdoZQQ_sopZ12
Old 05-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #38

Oct 2008

i have some jbls and i would love to show them to ya...how do i start my own home theater gallery???

btw ive been in love with my s310s which i got off craigslist....for music and movies....i added a s center and now im trying to hunt down some s38's for the rears
Old 05-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #39
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2008
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallingMrBenzo View Post
i have some jbls and i would love to show them to ya...how do i start my own home theater gallery???

btw ive been in love with my s310s which i got off craigslist....for music and movies....i added a s center and now im trying to hunt down some s38's for the rears
Go to the top of the page and click on Community on top. Create a folder and start uploading pictures.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #40

Oct 2008

DONE!!! Pics are up

thanks big daddy.... i think i needed to actually post a few times...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers